Crp

Related Terms: Esr, C-reactive Protein, Fever, Complete Blood Count, High Hs-crp, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Viral Infection

My CRP value is 2.61. What does it indicate?
Query: Hello doctor, In my routine blood check, the CRP value came up as 2.61. Is this harmful? The lipid profile is as per nominal value. I am attaching the reports.  Read Full »
Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I find that your MCV (mean corpuscular volume) is raised, and SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase) and SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) are slightly raised and CRP as wel...  Read Full »

My CRP level is 8.3. Does it mean anything serious?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old male. I lately made blood and urine test to check my kidneys and liver. Thankfully, I found everything to be within the normal range except for the C-reactive protein serum, and it was 8.3 mg/L. I would like to know what that mean. Also, I am feeling cramps in my stomac...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All your reports are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity) except CRP (c-reactive protein). It is a marker of inflammation in the body. It indicates that some damage is going on in the body and your case it is because of smoking. It also indicates t...  Read Full »

My hs-CRP is high. Am I in danger?
Query: Hello doctor, I recently did a complete blood test. In the report, it was detected hs-CRP 3.8 mg. My age is 36, and my weight is 103 kg. Please advise how it can be lowered and do am in danger zone.  Read Full »
Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you are worried about your health, but no need for much worries. Your CRP (C-reactive protein) is a little increased, but it is not a particular biomarker for cardiovascular diseases. Some other factors can cause it to increase like arthritis or infection....  Read Full »

What does high hs-CRP indicate?
Query: Hi doctor, Eight months back my hs-CRP level was 3.86 mg/L and CRP was 0.24 mg/dl. One month later hs-CRP was tested again and it was 0.4 mg/dL. My ESR also seems to be higher along with lipoprotein. Please advise the treatment. Is there any further investigation for high hs-CRP. What high hs-CRP ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Raised hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) indicated your risk to cardiac issues. Your blood reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) have to be correlated with your clinical symptoms. These reports alone cannot give you any conclusion. I need to ...  Read Full »

Can high lipoprotein and hs-CRP cause cardiac problems?
Query: Hi doctor, I had high hs-CRP of 3.86 around 8 months back. I have got it rechecked and it has gone even higher to 5.36. I have attached the reports of blood test done a couple of days back. This blood test report includes other tests too apart from hs-CRP. I have previously been advised that high ...  Read Full »
Dr. Anoop Mathew

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern regarding the raised hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) and lipoprotein levels (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These biomarkers are predictors of future events. They tell you that there is an inflammatory state tha...  Read Full »

Please explain the effect of high hs-CRP?
Query: Hi doctor, I have done a health checkup and I would like to get an analysis of the same. I am worried about the hs-CRP. All the reports are attached here for your reference. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Eriol Braholli
General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your test report carefully. All the indicators were perfectly in normal range, except hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein) that you are worried about. I have to say that this marker is not specific, although they say future cardiac diseases may occu...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for recurrent fever with high ESR and CRP levels?
Query: Hi doctor, I am getting a fever every day. But, every day the fever occurs and goes to a maximum of 100 degrees, and it gets back to the body temperature without any medications. It is repetitive. I have done a few blood tests and am attaching the reports. I have found out that my CRP and ESR is ver...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is likely a viral fever only as it settles within four to five days. ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and CRP (C-reactive protein) are usually elevated due to viral fever or any other fever. As it gets recovered within four to five days without any antibiotics, ...  Read Full »

I would like to get a proper diagnosis regarding my high hs-CRP.
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from iron depletion. My iron is low, but ferritin and hemoglobin are normal. My folic acid was 4 about a year ago. I took Folic acid tablets for two months and it is normal now. My vitamin D has improved after taking tablets. My vitamin B12 is also on lower side. I am mar...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and after going through your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: C-reactive protein (CRP) levels are a bit high indicating mild inflammation. This value is suggestive of high cardiac risk. Your cholester...  Read Full »

I'm on Paleo diet. Do I need to panic regarding my blood report?
Query: Hi doctor, I am on paleo diet for the past 20 days and took the blood test today. My result reported elevated triglyceride from 109 to 150 and homocysteine levels of 32. I have attached the report for your reference. Do I need to panic?  Read Full »
Dr. Hariharan V
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your hs-CRP is normal. No need to worry. But, homocysteine levels are moderately high. It does not mean that you have heart problem in the near future. What I am worried about is your liver reports. They are little bit too much. Liver enzymes may rise if you are obese. It...  Read Full »

Why is there sudden raise in CRP levels in my child although no signs are present?
Query: Hello doctor, Is it possible for C-reactive protein level to raise from 6 to 15.9 in 24 hours in my child, although there are no signs of sepsis?  Read Full »
Dr. Sirisha
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. C-reactive protein (CRP) is a marker of infection and inflammation anywhere in the body. It takes at least six hours for CRP to raise in the blood, once the infection starts and it continues to raise up to 24 hours at least. Though there are no signs of infection clini...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Crp? We have medical experts to help you right away.