Cry

Related Terms: Depression, Breast Feeding, Simethicone, Symptoms Of Depression, Breast Milk, Stress, Psychological Counselling

Are daily crying spells a sign of depression?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 14 year old boy. I usually live by routine, but whenever I find free time, I usually become very sad until I cry. This happens almost every night before I sleep. Yesterday night, I thought of going out with my friends, until one friend said he was going to watch a movie with hi...  Read Full »
Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you are experiencing low mood, crying spells, and paranoid thoughts. You are not in a depression. Teenagers might experience certain mood swings due to hormonal changes in the body. You are going through the same. With the mentioned symptoms, y...  Read Full »

I cry even on little things and loud voice. How can this be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, I cry a lot even on little things on little words, loud voice tears come into my eyes too much. I face worst days of my life. I was happy suddenly everyone at home turns their behavior bad. I am little one of my siblings and my age is 22 years. From my childhood, everyone says I will ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Repetitive crying spells, mood swings, etc., could be due to some mood disturbance or this could be due to depression. This can be occurring due to some hormonal issue. All these should be evaluated properly. If you have low mood, lack of interest in anything, poor e...  Read Full »

Why does my 3 month old baby cry for half an hour every night?
Query: Hello doctor, My 3 month old baby cries every night for about half an hour before she sleeps. Is this normal? What might be the reason?  Read Full »
Dr. Sirisha
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a common complaint in newborn babies and infants. Is your baby is feeding well and has good weight? Does she have normal stools and urination? Is there any other health concern? The common causes of frequent crying in infants could be the following: ...  Read Full »

My 5 months old baby often cries due to gas problem. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor,My baby has just completed 5 months. We are giving her formula milk since my wife had less milk. She has constant problems with gas. I have given her Colicaid before a feed and burp her 15 to 20 minutes after every feed and gas gets released as well. Even after that, she cries due to gas p...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, this is an absolutely normal phenomenon in this age group. The child will pass gas like a big person. Do not worry. Regarding the use of Colicaid (Simethicone), it is an absolutely safe medicine. Please stick to it only when necessary. Also, you c...  Read Full »

I am concerned about the swelling behind the right ear of my baby. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 1.4 years old. Before two days, we observed a swelling at the back of her right ear. It seems that it is painless because when I pressed it, she does not cry or react. The swollen part is in the skin color only. I am concerned about it as I read on the internet that it co...  Read Full »
Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are concerned about the swelling behind the right ear of your baby. Since your child does not cry or react to the pressure applied to the swelling, we can rule out the abscess. Usually, it would be very painful to touch and look red. Also, there is n...  Read Full »

I accidentally pressed the soft spot on my 40 days old baby's head. Should I be worried?
Query: Hello doctor, I had accidentally pressed the soft spot in the head of my 40 days old baby while taking him out of the crib. He was crying before and after, and he had not made any special responses. Is there anything to worry? Please help. I am so tensed.  Read Full »
Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Just pressing the soft spot on the baby's head would not cause any major problem. It is just an opening in the head bones. Baby's feel discomfort during handling, hence they cry. But be careful to notice if any excessive and inconsolable cry occurs. Thank you and have a...  Read Full »

My 9 months old baby had convulsions. Is that due to brain development issue?
Query: Hi doctor, My 9 months old baby had convulsions. We feel that he has crossed eyes, neck moving issues and feeling partial seizures during sleeping alone. I also have a doubt whether there is any brain development problem. Currently, he is on Keppra 100 mg/mL, 1 mL in 12 hours and so to be given twic...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am very sorry to hear about this condition. However, I would like to know some details to help you better. Tell me the birth history of the child. Did the child cry immediately after birth? Has the child required to be kept in NICU for any reason (neonatal intensive...  Read Full »

How to get treatment for my memory and concentration problem?
Query: Hello doctor, My doctor suggested me to have cognitive testing for my problems with memory and concentration. I also cry for no reason. I was let go from work for making too many mistakes and forgetting tasks. I cannot get over that. I feel I will not be able to find other work because I have Lupus ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. The symptoms like forgetfulness, lack of focus, poor concentration, memory issues, etc., are seen commonly in depression and should be evaluated properly. You have mentioned that you also cry for no reasons and you are 53 years old....  Read Full »

My 7 week old baby's bilirubin level is 6.8 mg/dL. Kindly advise the drug and care.
Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 7 weeks old. He is totally on breastfeed. Yesterday we noticed that his eyes were yellow and we took him to a doctor today. The doctor advised us a bilirubin test. The reports read as bilirubin total 6.8 mg/dL, bilirubin direct 0.9 mg/dL and bilirubin indirect 5.9 mg/dL. Kindly...  Read Full »
Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is one of the common complaints from the parents. Such levels of bilirubin are normal in the initial months of life. There is nothing to worry about it. The sleep pattern that you described is perfectly normal. Usually, babies cry continuously for a while and then go ...  Read Full »

Shall I continue the vitamin drops for my 20 days old baby?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 20 days old. She is having loose motion from yesterday night. She passed loose stools for about 8 to 9 times between 8 PM to 3 AM. Only a few days back, we started giving multivitamin drops and vitamin D drops. After having that she seemed to struggle while passing motion ...  Read Full »
Dr. Arun Kiran Malhotra
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Exclusively breastfed babies do not need medications. Continue vitamin D drops. Breastfed babies can pass 10 to 12 golden yellow stools in a day (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please do exclusive breastfeeding for six months and give its many advantag...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Cry? We have medical experts to help you right away.