Ct Kub

Related Terms: Kidney Stones, Urine Culture, Usg Kub, Kidney Health, Kidney Tests, Uti, Antibiotics

What test should I do for smelly and yellow urine?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from prostate infection for the past six months. It started with blood in urine and then burning sensation while urinating. I am also having smelly and yellow urine. Before this, I got mouth ulcers. Also, I had itching sensation throughout the body mainly in the ches...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it accompanied by joint pains? Have you done urine culture and sensitivity? Left varicocele causes should be ruled by doing a complete ultrasonography of the abdomen and CT KUB (kidney, ureter and bladder). Serum PSA (prostate specific antigen) should be checked. Have...  Read Full »

What are the reasons for left side hip pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I have some pain on the left side just above my hip bone. It started recently after I finished my period and it has been there for a few days. It is very much uncomfortable and hurts when there is pressure on it.  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain seems not to be related to the periods. If the pain is more towards the back, then it is likely muscular. In that case, muscle relaxant should help like Tolperisone 450 once a day for five days. If it is more on the side, then it could be a referred pain of urete...  Read Full »

Can UTI cause only left sided abdominal pain and burning sensation on urination?
Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old girl, I am having left abdominal pain and burning sensation on urinating. I did an ultrasound, but it was normal, and no renal stones were found. After few days, I started having pain from the back till the bladder, vomiting, and weakness. So, I got admitted, and t...  Read Full »
Dr. Raja Ramesh
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and from what you say, it may be a urinary tract infection. To rule out urinary tract infection, I would suggest urine culture. Left sided pain can occur if the left kidney and ureter is infected, ...  Read Full »

How can kidney stones be detected?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old, fairly healthy female. I have been suffering from kidney stones since the age of 15. Mostly the stones would go away on their own without causing any pain. But in the last seven to eight months, I had been suffering from recurrent UTIs and mild pain in the kidney. Aro...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have got stone problem so early and since you are a recurrent kidney stone former, you need a thorough evaluation to prevent further stone episodes. You should collect the stone you pass in urine and do FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared) spectroscopy analysis ...  Read Full »

I am having medullary sponge kidney calcification. Kindly advice.
Query: Hello doctor, Flank pain about nine weeks. Medullary sponge kidney calcification of kidney, past lung pneumothorax four times. Sinusitis surgery six times. No urine or blood infection. Normal kidney function. Chest pain sometimes. Fatigue, diarrhea only morning. Initial signs of clubbing. Currently...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The features of the ultrasound are of medullary sponge kidney which is a genetic disease with one in every 20000 affection. Although the condition is progressive, the kidney functions will be preserved for a long time. Urine gravels, stones, and infections are common th...  Read Full »

What is the difference between nephrolithiasis and soft tissue calcification?
Query: Hi doctor, The findings of my 12 year old daughter's x-ray showed a cluster of 3 mm density overlying the right kidney, which may represent soft tissue calcification versus nephrolithiasis. I would like to get a clear understanding of the difference between soft tissue calcification and nephrolithi...  Read Full »
Dr. Krishna Somani
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nephrolithiasis means kidney stones and soft tissue calcification means any part of renal parenchyma gets high deposits of calcium and show up in x-ray. I want to know the reason for x-ray done. Is she having pain in the flank or burning sensation in urine or fever or vo...  Read Full »

What are the causes of constant burning and pain in genitals with frequent urination?
Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing a burning sensation before and after urination; sometimes I see the light pink colored blood in the urine. From the past seven days, I am having a lot of discomforts, even while sitting idle or sleeping there are a constant burning and pain in my genitals, and I urinate ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your urine examination shows blood, so we need to find the source of blood in the urine. And, pain on urination might be due to narrowing of the urethra (urethral stricture). I would sugg...  Read Full »

My urine has a lot of bubbles, it is smelly and yellow in color. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from UTI from last six months. All my tests are normal, but the symptoms are not going away.  Read Full »
Dr. Praveen Pushkar
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should have uploaded the last urine routine examination and culture reports. Do you have any medical comorbidity like diabetes? If UTI (urinary tract infection) is there for so long, it should be investigated thoroughly. So, get an ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureter, and ...  Read Full »

Do I have bladder sphincter dyssynergia?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male, and I have a lot of problems during urination, from 20 days. The quantity of urine is very less, I feel that my bladder is not empty, and I have to pee frequently. I consulted a doctor, and he asked me to do a urine culture, KUB scan, and uroflowmetry. My ur...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the description, you do not appear to have bladder sphincter dyssynergia, as you have these symptoms for a short duration and KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder) scan is normal. Were you prescribed any antibiotics at the start of this episode? I think it is a case o...  Read Full »

My left side kidney was swollen and I have kidney stone. Do i need surgery to remove the kidney stone?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51-year-old female. I got sick about a month ago and I went to urgent care. My left kidney was swollen and I had an infection. I have a 2-cm kidney stone and they put a stent in. I do not want to have surgery. I am scared that the use of natural remedies can hurt the stent or ...  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A 2-cm kidney stone is a fairly large one and it will definitely require surgery. I cannot recommend using any natural remedies for a stone of this size though they will not affect the stent. The stone, however, can move to cause obstruction again, but this is unlik...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Ct Kub? We have medical experts to help you right away.