Culture And Sensitivity

Related Terms: Urine Culture, Urinary Tract Infection, Antibiotics, Uti, Urine Analysis, Throat Swab, Ultrasound Abdomen

Why do I have a wet feeling inside the anus?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a wet feeling inside the anus for the past one year. I did a colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy, and the doctor said that everything is fine. They said probably the wet feeling is due to sweat. Swab culture and sensitivity report showed up Klebsiella pneumoniae. I took Augmentin 6...  Read Full »
Dr. Rashmi Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When was the swab culture and sensitivity done? Did you take Augmentin before or after it started? And for how long? Is the discharge purulent, clear or white thick? Do you have any other complaints like pain or itching? Do you have any other medical conditions like di...  Read Full »

How will high blood pressure affect the kidney?
Query: Hi doctor, My mom is 65 years old. Her blood pressure is 180/90 mmHg. She is suffering from urine infection and her serum uric acid is 7.6 mg/dL. I have attached her other reports for your reference. She is currently on Norflox 400 twice daily, Ciploric 300 one tablet daily at night, Telma AM one t...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is due to high blood pressure. Her urine culture and sensitivity report attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is negative, meaning there is no known pathogen in her urine that may have caused the infection. Her uric acid levels are not that much h...  Read Full »

What test should I do for smelly and yellow urine?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from prostate infection for the past six months. It started with blood in urine and then burning sensation while urinating. I am also having smelly and yellow urine. Before this, I got mouth ulcers. Also, I had itching sensation throughout the body mainly in the ches...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it accompanied by joint pains? Have you done urine culture and sensitivity? Left varicocele causes should be ruled by doing a complete ultrasonography of the abdomen and CT KUB (kidney, ureter and bladder). Serum PSA (prostate specific antigen) should be checked. Have...  Read Full »

I have increased white cells, proteins, leucocytes and epithelial cells in my urine. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, My partner is 48 years old, and her weight is 65 kilograms. She has RBC of 5.6 mcL, Hb of 15.3 g/dL, and creatinine of 0.9 mg/dL. The urine report shows white cells of 60 to 80 WBCs per high power field. There are traces of proteins, leucocytes, and epithelial cells also.  Read Full »
Dr. Girish C Kamat
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your partner has urinary tract infection. She needs to do a urine culture and sensitivity. Meanwhile, get examined by a gynecologist to know the local source of infection. If she is symptomatic, with fever or burning micturition, then she needs to take a course of antib...  Read Full »

How to cure recurrent vaginal yeast infections?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been having recurrent vaginal yeast infections for the last six months. I have taken medications earlier. The gynecologist prescribed Azithral 500 mg in the beginning. After that, the doctor gave me tablet Orni-O. The first time it got cured. When it came back again, she presc...  Read Full »
Dr. Nidhi Rohit Jain
Fetal Medicine Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have repeated yeast infection, you require following investigations: Vaginal swab: Culture and sensitivity which will tell the type of infection and which medicine would be effective. Blood Hemoglobin Level: As females who are anemic (low hemoglobin level...  Read Full »

I have stomach bloating problem with dry mouth and mild head pain. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor,I have stomach bloating problem with dry mouth and mild head pain. I am 41 years old, an average height of 5 feet 9 inches and 74 kg.  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Symptoms are indicating candida infection of the gastrointestinal tract. Should determine by stool culture and sensitivity testing for candida. Plus, should run upper endoscopy to rule out acid reflux. For the moment, I advise taking probiotics to stabilize intestina...  Read Full »

Does UTI cause pain and burning sensation after intercourse?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I got married recently. After having intercourse with my husband, I feel too much pain in my vagina and also burning sensation while urinating. I also feel frequent urination. Is this urinary tract infection? Please suggest some medicine.  Read Full »
Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are right. You have symptoms of urinary tract infection (UTI). Please get a urine culture and sensitivity done. We can start the appropriate antibiotic then. Meanwhile, have plenty of water of about 10-15 glasses a day to flush out the toxins. Revert back with the ...  Read Full »

My penile discharge shows Mycoplasma genitalium. Will I be infected forever?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male, and I had unprotected sex with a woman, four months back. I started having symptoms a couple of months back. The symptoms were penile discharge, it is transparent, and I feel tickling on the penis. This made me take some STI tests, and I was diagnosed with my...  Read Full »
Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.You might be suffering from the resistant strain of Mycoplasma. I would advise you to go for culture and sensitivity test. The sensitivity test would tell us about the mycoplasma sensitive antibiotic.Nevertheless, I suggest trying Doxycycline 100 mg, twice daily for 21 d...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a medicine for wet feeling in the anus?
Query: Hi doctor, I have some wet feeling in the anus for the past one year. I had both colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy. The doctor said everything is fine. They said probably the wet feeling is due to sweat. But, I feel it is some liquid discharge from the anus skin. Can you suggest some medication?  Read Full »

Answer: HI, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. It is better to take discharge over swab and send it for culture and sensitivity. If you have any growth over it, then get treated based on the sensitivity. For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask...  Read Full »

I have bad cough and chest pain from a month. What could it be?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a 23 year old female. I have had a really bad cough and chest pains for about a month, also I have had diarrhea. I have been coughing up green and yellow phlegm. However I went to A and E just gone was give 500 mg of Amoxicillin. But since I started taking them I do not feel any be...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have mentioned, most probably you have a chest infection. A chest X-ray is required. Culture and sensitivity test of the phlegm is required to guide our antibiotic therapy. The diarrhea is most probably due to Amoxicillin. Do you have any problems in ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Culture And Sensitivity? We have medical experts to help you right away.