Cyclophosphamide

Related Terms: Azathioprine, Rituximab, Steroids, Chemotherapy, Immunosuppresants, Lymphoma, R-chop Chemotherapy

How to treat my mother's vasculitis?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from vasculitis. She is facing difficulty in walking. She also has thyroid, diabetes and sarcoidosis. Currently, she is on Covance 50, Gabantin 100, Dilzem 30, Raricap, Sympta 20 and Modlip 10. For vasculitis, she was prescribed to have Wysolone 7.5 mg and Mmf...  Read Full »
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, there is a lot of treatment available for vasculitis (blood vessel inflammation). We do use injection Cyclophosphamide and Rituximab. But, it is very difficult to comment anything unless you tell us which vasculitis is she suffering from as the treatment will vary a...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for Burkitt's lymphoma?
Query: Hi doctor, My 60 year old uncle is diagnosed with Burkitt's lymphoma. His report says MYC-IGH fusion signal was detected in 45 % of the cells. The sample is positive for t(8;14). Could you please suggest whether it is curable and if it is curable then what is the best treatment?  Read Full »
Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. He needs to be admitted urgently to a tertiary care hospital where specialists such as hematologist, oncologist, etc. will be available. An early initiation of chemotherapy with R-CHOP (Rituximab, Cyclophosphamide, Hydroxy daunomycin, Oncovin, Prednisolone) regimen or ...  Read Full »

Does protein leak from the larger filter of kidney in nephrotic syndrome?
Query: Hi doctor, I heard that in nephrotic syndrome the filtering unit of kidney becomes larger and so protein comes in urine. I am a patient of cortisone dependent nephrotic syndrome over 15 years. Doctor says that about 95 percent of children will get cured at the age of 18. I am 17 years old now. When...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you have heard the things right. Due to increased pore there is protein in urine. The best treatment remains the Cortisone. In cases where there is no response to Cortisone as evidenced by persistence of albumin in urine, we need to shift those patients on Cyclopho...  Read Full »

My sister has swelling, cushingoid facies and proximal myopathy. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, My sister is 37 years old with previous 2 LSCS. She has symptoms such as swelling over whole body and face. Along with these complaints she has weakness, tiredness, cushingoid facies, proximal myopathy, palpitation, trembling of hands and amenorrhea or slight on and off spotting. She is s...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I checked your sister's complete details (attachments removed to protect patient identity). She is suffering from relapsing nephrotic syndrome. Her cushingoid facies and proximal myopathy are steroid induced as you must be already knowing. Gradually replacing the ster...  Read Full »

My son has nephrotic syndrome with focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. Please advice.
Query: Hello doctor, My 12 year old son is suffering from nephrotic syndrome since the last seven years. Two years ago, when his biopsy was done, the result said FSGS. His creatinine levels at that time was 4. Now it is raised to 10.1. He is currently taking Calcium, Folic acid, Pantoprazole, Sodium bicar...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please furnish the following medical information, so that I will be able to give you further advice. What is the cause of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS)?Has dialysis been done? What is his urine output?What does his antinuclear antibody (ANA) profile say?Ha...  Read Full »

Is pleurodesis compulsory for pleural effusion?
Query: Hi doctor, The patient is a 52 years old female. 25 days ago, core biopsy of retroperitoneal lymph node non-Hodgkin's mature B cell lymphoma diffusely positive for CD10, CD20, BCL6 and BCL12. Bone marrow biopsy showed erythroid hyperplasia with focal micronormoblastic maturation. She is suffering wi...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you very much for being specific in what you want to ask. For lymphoma associated effusion, we do not suggest pleurodesis (procedure to remove excess fluid in pleural space) as most of the patient responds to chemotherapy. One cycle is a short time to know if the...  Read Full »

How to identify IPF?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with IPF last week. My two x-rays, two lung function tests and HRCT scan showing that I had scarring. But I am confused, because I feel better than I have felt in 10 years. I have always smoked and had cough for years. I have been on a diet and have lost one stone so fa...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. IPF (idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis)  is a chronic, progressive and idiopathic disease. It is usually seen in old age. In this lungs become fibrosed, thickened and stiff. So, all capacities are reduced and due to this oxygenation is hampered. Your home tests are within no...  Read Full »

What does borderline positive c-ANCA levels indicate?
Query: Hello doctor, My c-ANCA levels are 5.6 U/ml (borderline positive). I have hypertension and proteinuria (3g), high serum creatinine (2.4) and UTI. My other autoimmune tests and serum electrophoresis results are negative. What should I do and what is the general prognosis?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: C-ANCA (Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies) positivity indicates Wegener's Granulomatosis. In this condition, there is involvement of upper and lower respiratory tract and kidneys. Most common diagnosis, while kidneys a...  Read Full »

Inflammation
Article Overview: When some foreign organisms like bacteria or viruses enter the body, inflammation is the body’s immune response to such invasions. It is a vital part of the body’s immune system.  Read Article »
Dr. K Sneha
General Medicine Physician

Inflammation When some foreign organisms like bacteria or viruses enter the body, inflammation is the body’s immune response to such invasions. It is a vital part of the body’s immune system. During inflammation, the body produces white blood cells, antibodies, proteins, and other subst ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Cyclophosphamide? We have medical experts to help you right away.