Cystitis

Related Terms: Urinary Tract Infection, Uti, Interstitial Cystitis, Burning Sensation During Urination, Nitrofurantoin, Urine Culture, Kidney Stones

Bladder biopsy shows eosinophilic cystitis with eosinophil infiltration. Kindly advise.
Query: Hello doctor, Bladder biopsy shows eosinophilic cystitis with prominent eosinophil infiltration in the lamina propria with a mild lymphomonocytic cell. Urothelium shows atrophic change.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post well. Eosinophilic cystitis has been mentioned in the case reports because of its rarety. No clinical trials have been conducted on the condition, it is treated with a course of steroids or NSAIDS and occasionally with resection of the lesion...  Read Full »

How likely is it that IC can cause scarring of the bladder?
Query: Hello doctor,I have been told that I have IC as a constant urge to urinate and sore bladder. It is believed that an embedded UTI has caused this condition. (I am male). Can you please answer these specifically:Can IC get worse over time?How likely is it that IC cause scarring of the bladder?Will bla...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Interstitial cystitis course is unpredictable and may get worse and affect sexual functions if untreated. One of the strongest theories is a leak in the epithelium causing some irritating substances to cause inflammation which may later lead to scarring over time. S...  Read Full »

Following UTI, I am getting vaginal dryness and pain. How to treat this?
Query: Hi doctor, A few months ago, I was suffering from UTI and followed by vaginal dryness. Right now, I feel occasional sharp pain in my vagina, which subsides after a while. Also, I am getting pain during intercourse. I wanted to know the ways to treat this vaginal dryness. I had urine and culture t...  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pain can be due to cystitis or recurrence of UTI (urinary tract infection). UTI will not cause vaginal dryness. It indicates inadequate exposure to estrogen (hormone), which can be due to many causes. Regarding dryness and pain during intercourse, it can be reduce...  Read Full »

I feel uneasy while peeing. Is this UTI?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a sexually active female. After a day of such vigorous activity, I am suffering with symptoms such as stinging and burning sensation while peeing. I am getting the urge to pee again and again while actually do not pee much. I still feel that my bladder is not fully emptied. There is ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are very suggestive of cystitis. You can start on tablet Levoflox (Levofloxacin) 500 mg once daily in the morning after food for three days and also add tablet Urispas (Flavoxate Hydrochloride) 200 mg thrice daily after food for three days. Take plenty of fl...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for blood in urine & painful urination?
Query: Hi doctor, I am married and have no baby yet. A year ago, for the first time, I noticed blood in urine and painful urination. After two days of intercourse, I face this problem. When I was 14 years old, I suffered from hematuria. I took Pause, Mix 500 and Alkasol for relief. Please tell me the treat...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a urinary tract infection, mostly cystitis. It occurs due to unhygienic peri genital condition. In order to prevent UTI keep your perineal area clean like cleaning after intercourse and daily cleaning of the area during bathing. For the cure, you will need an ant...  Read Full »

I have discomfort and difficulty while urinating. What could be causing this?
Query: Hello doctor,I have had a difficulty urinating since more than five months. I have had UTI in the past. I know this time it is not an infection as I do not have any pain or stinging. I feel my bladder is full and I feel a discomfort as I cannot empty it. I drink enough water. I have had bladder and...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you are suffering from interstitial cystitis or bladder pain syndrome. It is a diagnosis of exclusion. So, when you visit your urologist, you should talk to him about this possibility. He may advise cystoscopy to rule out other causes. I suggest you take table...  Read Full »

After sexual contact, can a person have burning sensation while urinating?
Query: Hello doctor, I have burning sensation while urinating and a frequent urge to urinate. Can it be due to sexual contact? I am a 22 year old male.  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms are classical of urinary tract infection, cystitis, prostatitis or urethritis. Yes, they can be acquired by sexual contact. Please get a urine culture and sensitivity done along with ultrasound abdomen, because stones in lower ureter can cause these...  Read Full »

Why is my urine foul smelling and dark?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had every STD screen known to man and kidney function tests, my urine is foul smelling and dark. This has been an ongoing issue for a year and it has started to affect my life. I have tried everything. Antibiotics, hydration, douche, apple cider vinegar, AZO pills, yeast infect...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Foul smelling and dark urine is indicative of cystitis with highly concentrated urine. If there is no blood or hematuria then renal pathology is unlikely or calculus. You need to take at least 3 to 4 liters of water daily and foul smell is often vaginal and not in urin...  Read Full »

My frequent urination problem stopped after I started masturbating. Are they related?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old male, who weighs 72 kg and 176 cm tall. About 3 to 4 years ago, I was urinating every 5 to 10 minutes, so I used some medicines. It took about two months to get rid of this illness, but it did not heal completely. For the first two years, I was urinating in every 1...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have classical signs of overactive bladder or interstitial cystitis. I think if you feel better with masturbation, then you can masturbate there is no harm. Yes, masturbation will cause relaxation of bladder muscles and help indirectly. Continue with other conserv...  Read Full »

From the reports, kindly explain about my wife's burning sensation during urination.
Query: Hello doctor, My wife has been having a burning sensation of urine for more than a year now. Earlier, she took Taxim-O, but after stopping it, the burning sensation came back. When it comes, it stays for 5 hours or so. She feels very uncomfortable and hardly can move. She was advised to take Uroton...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen reports sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Though all reports are normal, ultrasound shows cystitis (urinary bladder wall inflammation). This could be a subclinical infection. As no specific cause is found, I suggest you a trial...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Cystitis? We have medical experts to help you right away.