Cytomegalovirus

Related Terms: Torch Test, Igg Positive, Rubella, Conception And Pregnancy, Herpes, Hiv, Hiv Infection

The IgG values on TORCH test are high. When can we plan pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife was pregnant last year, but we had to drop. After dropping pregnancy, we consulted our gynecologist and he suggested us to have TORCH test. The result of TORCH before eight months was rubella IgG 40.62 and IgM 0.62, CMV IgG 8.89 and IgM 0.28 and herpes IgG 2.97 and IgM 0.56. W...  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rubella, CMV (cytomegalovirus) and herpes IgG positivity (immunoglobulin G) indicate that she had these infections in the past and now is immune to them. These infections will not happen again except herpes. Nothing needs to be done for these reports and you can go ahead...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for my preterm labor?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a premature pregnancy in the 6th month. That was my first pregnancy. Suddenly, I had a stomach pain in the lower side and no other symptoms were found. We visited our doctor and she said that the cervix started to open slightly. I got severe pain, some medicines were given that nigh...  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rubella or CMV infections (cytomegalovirus) generally do not cause midtrimester abortion, so are very less likely to be causative in your case. Rubella and CMV IgG values indicate that you have immunity to those infections and they likely had occurred in the remote past a...  Read Full »

TSH is very high in a CMV IgG positive patient. Can she become pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, We are trying for pregnancy. My wife recently got some tests done namely a TORCH profile with the primary sample being serum through the ECLIA method. The toxoplasma IgG was 500.0 positive IU/mL and rubella IgM being 0.20 with negative COI. With the ELISA method, there is HSV I and I...  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana Kaur Khurana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife is immune to rubella and CMV (cytomegalovirus). If you just want to be sure about the recent infection get an avidity testing for CMV and rubella infection. Your TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) is very high. You need to see an endocrinologist or physic...  Read Full »

Please look at TORCH test results and tell if there is any concern.
Query: Hello doctor,My wife is 6 months pregnant. She underwent TORCH test as there were two miscarriages in the past after one normal delivery. The result of the test is as follows:Toxo Plasma-IgM: 4.30, Rubella IgM: 11.80, CMV IgM: 5.80, HSV 1 and 2 IgM: 0.58;Toxo Plasma-IgG: 3.60 iu/ml, Rubella IgG: 139...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your wife's TORCH (toxoplasmosis, rubella, cytomegalovirus, herpes simplex, and HIV) test reports. There are two types of antibodies that were investigated, IgG and IgM to exclude infection. The result could be positive or negative, it depends on...  Read Full »

Can HSV positive cause abortion?
Query: Hi doctor, Myself and my wife got tested for chromosome test as my wife had failed premature delivery. The test result indicates that we are HSV IgG positive, CMV and rubella positive. Please suggest me.  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This indicates that TORCH infections (toxoplasmosis, other - syphilis, etc., rubella, cytomegalovirus and herpes) might have caused the premature delivery or stillbirth. HSV (herpes simplex virus) causes herpes, CMV is cytomegalovirus and rubella is another viral...  Read Full »

Maternal serum is reactive for CMV. How to diagnose the same in a 10 weeks old baby?
Query: Hi doctor, I delivered a baby ten weeks ago which weighed 2.0 kilograms at birth, and it was a pre-term cesarean delivery. The baby was healthy according to the attending pediatrician at the time of delivery, and the baby was not taken to the NICU. I got a maternal blood report which was taken duri...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepak Patel
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can understand your concern. CMV (cytomegalovirus) IgG and IgM suggests that you have cytomegalovirus infection and it can spread to the baby. 90 % of infections are asymptomatic. But 5...  Read Full »

How accurate is monospot test for infectious mononucleosis?
Query: Hello doctor, My test is positive for infectious mononucleosis. But my EBV IgM is negative. How accurate Monospot test is? One week abdominal pain and severe throat pain were there.  Read Full »
Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar
Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Monospot test has high sensitivity but it is not so accurate. It can come positive in other infections like rubella, CMV (cytomegalovirus), HIV, toxoplasmosis, and other diseases like SLE. So, if EBV IgM is negative then chances of it being infectious mononucleosis i...  Read Full »

We had a TORCH test after miscarriage. Can you explain the reports?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife was pregnant last year, but a miscarriage occurred. We consulted our gynecologist and he suggested we have a TORCH test. The result of TORCH was rubella IgG 270.30 and IgM 0.42, and CMV IgG 118.60 and IgM 0.26. We are unable to understand the report. Is this hike in the valu...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? From the short history, I feel the reason for the miscarriage is her weight. TORCH ( toxoplasmosis, rubella, cytomegalovirus, herpes simplex and HIV) are all the infections which we can contract anytime in life from our childhood. They may be experie...  Read Full »

If rubella IgG is positive, am I at the risk of TORCH infection?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 4 months pregnant. I had a TORCH test before two years as I met with miscarriage. The TORCH results were rubella IgG positive 19.56, rubella IgM non-reactive, CMV IgG reactive (738.65) and CMV IgM antibody non-reactive. I want to know whether I am at the risk of TORCH infection? Am ...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query and images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are not at risk of TORCH infection (toxoplasmosis, other, rubella, cytomegalovirus and herpes infection), so relax and do not worry. If it would have been the IgM posi...  Read Full »

Can CMV and Epstein-Barr virus cause genital ulcers?
Query: Hello doctor, I have three questions. 1) Can cytomegalovirus and Epstein Barr virus cause genital ulcers? 2) My immunoglobulins were low for IgM at 25 and high for IgE at 151. Could there be anything to worry? 3) I am sending a picture of something that appeared in my mouth. Could that be...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). With your descriptions and the picture attached, it seems you have candidiasis or oral lichen planus. The CMV (cytomegalovirus) and EBV (Epstein-Barr virus) both d...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Cytomegalovirus? We have medical experts to help you right away.