Delayed Conception

Related Terms: Conception And Pregnancy, Folic Acid, Infertility, Beta Hcg, Fertile Period, Ovulation, Pregnancy

Delayed conception or intrauterine pregnancy of uncertain viability.
Query: Hi, I am 24 years. I did urine pregnancy test and got tested as positive. After 10 days, I visited doctor and I got it confirmed. After 17 days I got 3 drops of bleeding. Doctor scanned and told negative. Again in urine test another light line found. Doctor saw that strip and she gave some tablets t...  Read Full »
Dr. Gowrimeena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like you are having a condition called delayed conception or intrauterine pregnancy of uncertain viability. We need to do a beta HCG blood test to be able to differentiate the two. Waiting and rescanning in 2 weeks is advisable, as waiting for a month may be t...  Read Full »

Any Suggestions for delayed conception?
Query: Hi doctor, My age is 34 and I have regular period. I am trying to conceive for the last four months. My period bleeding is only for three or four days. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you Folic acid supplements and Iron supplements. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.Send me details of your cycle, so that I can guide you with fertile period. Get your complete blood count and thyroid pr...  Read Full »

According to scan, the fetus growth is lagging. Kindly clarify it.
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is three months pregnant, and the doctor is telling that the baby is lagging in growth for about one month. The fetus heartbeat is good as per ultrasound, but the fetal growth is less. My wife's weight also dropped from 57 to 55 kg and recently, she is having stomach ache and back...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The ultrasound report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows a baby of 9 weeks and 5 days. With the EDD and calculated date of conception, it is a case of delayed conception where the child is not lagging growth. It is likely that the mother had delayed...  Read Full »

Why are faint T lines appearing on urine pregnancy tests, while ultrasounds say I am not pregnant?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been trying to conceive for a few months, but every time the test comes back negative. My last periods was on the 25th of last month, and I started ovulating on the third of this month, and it ended on the 12th. My husband and I had sex on the fifth. Despite my history of irregular...  Read Full »
Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two possibilities here. One is a chemical pregnancy, where only the pregnancy test result come positive, and there is no evidence of sac on ultrasound. Second being a healthy pregnancy is a delayed conception or an ectopic. I suggest you do a serum beta hCG b...  Read Full »

My cousin's hCG levels have doubled after IUI. Is a viable pregnancy likely?
Query: Hello doctor,My cousin had her last period on the 10th of last month and got IUI done on the 26th. Her hCG levels increased (doubled) in the blood test. Now, at six weeks, she got an ultrasound scan and there is no heartbeat till now. Is it too late? What are the chances of the pregnancy to be via...  Read Full »
Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Six weeks can be a little too early a time to diagnose pregnancy by a scan. If the heartbeat is not detected, it is advised to repeat the scan after 10 days to confirm the pregnancy. This is because, at times, there could be a possibility of delayed conception. The o...  Read Full »

I have a negative serum beta hCG level. Can I still be pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old dental surgeon with no past or present health issues and I am trying to conceive. I have a regular cycle of 28 days and I have consulted a gynaecologist before who has put me on Clomid for three months. I have also taken all the required fertility tests which show n...  Read Full »
Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) result is also negative it definitely indicates you have not got pregnant in this cycle. The symptoms you have mentioned could also be possible because of the progesterone hormone secretion in the postovulatory...  Read Full »

How to calculate the gestational age accurately?
Query: Hi doctor, My CRL is 5.18 cm. How old is my baby now? How can I get my gestational age accurately?  Read Full »
Dr. Chitrangada
Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The CRL of 5.18 cm corresponds to 11 to 12 weeks of gestation. A difference of two to three days is possible depending on the position of the baby and the measurement of the caliper placement. Ideally, we recommend a first scan to know the exact dating and to calculate ...  Read Full »

For how many cycles can I take Clomid 50 mg?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I have been trying to conceive for the past seven months. I have regular 28 day cycle. Recently, I got a hormone test for FSH, LH and prolactin, uterus scan and my husband's semen analysis. Everything was normal. My doctor prescribed me Clomid 50 mg on day 4 to day 9 an...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, relax. Anxiety and depression also cause delay in pregnancy. Continue with the same medications and start Folic acid supplements. Try every alternative day during your fertile period at least for two weeks. In this way you are giving rest to the body and also to i...  Read Full »

Does high prolactin hamper conception?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been trying to conceive for last one year. Examination showed high thyroid and prolactin levels. My doctor put me on Thyronorm 25 and Cabergoline 0.5. My thyroid levels became normal but my prolactin levels came down to 35.06 from 55 after three months. Recent blood test showed 37....  Read Full »
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. High prolactin level may be due to stress or usage of multiple drugs. Are you under any other medication? As your prolactin level is responding to Cabergoline, you may need to increase the dose to get your prolactin under control. Revert back with the answer for the above...  Read Full »

My sperm analysis shows low motility grade A. Am I infertile?
Query: Hi doctor, I have done my sperm analysis. The gynecologist suggested low motility grade A, and I am taking Fertisure M for past one month but, was a bit irregular in medicine but now following the strict timeline. She suggested consulting a urologist for agglutination/pus cells, etc. Kindly suggest...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to know what problem you have. Are you suffering from infertility? If yes, since when? Did you try any other treatment before? I have seen your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears fine regarding quantity and motility. Regarding cl...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Delayed Conception? We have medical experts to help you right away.