Dental Braces

Related Terms: Orthodontic Treatment, Improperly Aligned Teeth, Wire Braces, Invisalign, Dental Retainer, Teeth Alignment, Crowded Teeth

Can I have Invisalign or other option instead of normal dental brace to correct my teeth?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I have a baby tooth. My mother also had a baby tooth when she was 19 years old. My doctor advises me to remove the baby tooth. I am not willing to have braces. Is there any option for me to have Invisalign or braces that cannot be seen or do I need to use regular brace...  Read Full »
Dr. Asma Parveen
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dentistry has a lot of development over these years, and there are a lot of options available. First of all, to get your braces, you need to extract your baby tooth. Apart from metallic braces, there are other types of braces also. For example, ceramic braces, it is a t...  Read Full »

I need a second opinion about my orthodontic treatment.
Query: Hi doctor, I am currently having Damon braces for almost a year. I have attached a picture. What do you think about my teeth position, especially, my canine? I think it looks weird. What should be done by my dentist to make it look right?  Read Full »
Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Damon braces are a self-ligating system of dental braces and it implicates light forces over the teeth and lets the tooth movement occur in a short time and needs fewer adjustments. The image that you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), does ...  Read Full »

If I get braces for deep bite, will it affect my face profile?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a 1 to 2 mm deep bite, which is mild. If I get braces and my wisdom teeth out, then my lower facial profile will improve. Will it change my face from round to something else? My jawline looks very awkward. My jawline almost slants before it hits the actual change of direction point...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The facial shape will never change now from ovoid to some other. The main problem with your jaw is that they are constricted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It means V-shape especially the lower one, which has caused this anomaly. Your mandible is def...  Read Full »

Will other teeth shift if I get a tooth removed for braces?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a misalignment and mild crowding of teeth in upper jaw and have bite issues. I have consulted a maxillofacial surgeon and advised tooth removal prior to braces and removed upper left tooth, probably molar tooth, and advised to consult orthodontist for braces. I want to know whe...  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. Yes, there will be shifting of teeth to fill the gaps and release the crowding by removing teeth. So you do not need to worry anything about the issue if your orthodontist consulted. The shifting will not...  Read Full »

My teeth are crooked after using retainers only at night. Should I get braces again?
Query: Hello doctor, One of my teeth started moving backward as soon as I started wearing my retainer just at night. It got painful to put the retainer back in, and so I stopped wearing it. I am terrified of orthodontists and dentists, and so did not let my orthodontist know. Now, two of my teeth has move...  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To correct the relapse of orthodontic treatment, there are two options. It depends on how much tooth movement is required. If it is one or two teeth requiring 1 mm or less tooth movement, an active retainer can be given. If it is more teeth or a greater amount of...  Read Full »

I have large buck teeth and triangular gap between rows. Do I need braces?
Query: Hello doctor, So, I have an overbite and I would probably say it is pretty bad. My teeth are not that bad, but I do have large buck teeth. My two front teeth are angled on the outsides and that creates a triangle shape gap in between my top and bottom teeth. I was wondering with the information p...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and the relevant details. You have mentioned that your front teeth are protruded, large and that creates a space with the lower teeth. With these, I am pretty much sure that you might need braces (fixed orthodontic therapy). But a pr...  Read Full »

One of my front teeth is lower than the other. What can be done?
Query: Hello doctor, One of my front teeth is lower than the other and my orthodontist told me I am getting my braces off tomorrow. What should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please ask your dentist to take this into consideration. If there is only 0.5 mm difference or very negligible then ask him to level it off by slicing the tooth a bit. But if it is prominently below the level of occlusion then he must reposition the bracket and give it so...  Read Full »

Are my upper lateral incisors abnormal?
Query: Hello doctor, I think my maxillary lateral incisors are not in perfect shape but my dentist thinks they are. I just need a second opinion.  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your maxillary lateral incisors are perfect in shape and place (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Only, maxillary left central incisor is a bit down from occlusion that only dentist or you can feel the difference. If your case is about to end, ask the denti...  Read Full »

How should I get the impacted upper canine pulled down to its position?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a confusion on pulling down an impacted left upper canine. One doctor said we can pull down left upper canine using bracket and braces other said no because roots are not yet formed.  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding the impacted left upper canine, I have looked at your CBCT and OPG (attachment removed to protect patient identity). A vital piece of information. The age of the patient is not available. However, according to the present data, the upper left canine is not com...  Read Full »

I have gap in front teeth. Is frenectomy enough or are braces necessary to close it?
Query: Hello doctor, I am scheduled to receive a frenectomy to close the gap in my two front teeth, but I have done some research and it has all told me I need to get braces following the procedure but my dentist told me it was not necessary although my gap is quite large. I was wondering if you could hel...  Read Full »
Dr. Srinivas Saketh Gummuluru
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The frenectomy procedure as such does not close the gap. It involves the removal of fibrous tissue that is present. Then, closure of the gap can be achieved. The minimal movement to close the gap is with the help of removable appliances like retainers. More movement...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Dental Braces? We have medical experts to help you right away.