Deposits On Teeth

Related Terms: Dental Scaling, Oral Hygiene Maintenance, Calculus, Tooth Decay, Gingivitis, Swollen Gums, Gum Disease

Why do I get white spots on teeth during cold weather?
Query: Hi doctor, I get white spots on my teeth periodically in cold weather climates. I am getting married in this climate and I do not want spots on my teeth on my wedding day. What should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanga Kesavan
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Congratulations on your wedding. Good to hear. Sounds like a fluorosis. It happens due to fluoride deposit on tooth. And it do not appear periodic. It will be there all your life time. Need a picture of your tooth for better diagnosis. If it is cosmetic issue you can...  Read Full »

I cannot get rid of bad breath although I brush every day. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor, I brush my teeth every day and still cannot get my breath fresh. It comes from my throat. I have tried everything. Can you tell me what to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Srinivas Saketh Gummuluru
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is the age when you will be having new teeth erupting which causes gum swellings and accumulation of plaque (deposits) on teeth which might cause the bad breath. The other thing is any cavities, if present, cause bad breath as well. Any gastro problem such as GER...  Read Full »

Can general dentist replace braces and filling?
Query: Hi doctor, I have fillings on the buccal surface of some of my upper incisors and regular metal braces attached currently. I believe when I chewed some crackers one of my fillings got loosened. I can feel pain and sensation from exposure to water. However, as my braces are still attached I cannot tr...  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Menon
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have to visit your orthodontist first. The filling has to be replaced soon and it should not be delayed. It might be possible for the orthodontist himself to fill the cavity without removing the braces. If not, then he can remove them and put a new archwire. General d...  Read Full »

Periodontitis
Article Overview: It is one of the most common oral conditions that affect the supporting structures of teeth (periodontium) along with gums, including both soft and hard tissues (bone). They can show many symptoms but the common one for which patient seeks professional help is mobile teeth.  Read Article »
Dr. Divya Banu M
Dentist

Periodontitis Overview It is one of the most common oral conditions that affect the supporting structures of teeth (periodontium) along with gums, including both soft and hard tissues (bone). They can show many symptoms but the common one for which patient seeks professional help is mobile teeth. ...  Read Article »

What are the dark grayish colored patches on my upper four teeth?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female, and I have dark grayish colored patches on the crown of my four upper teeth along the gum line. I can send pictures if you want. Is it periodontitis? I am very scared.  Read Full »
Dr. Tinu Thampy
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. The dark gray colored deposits on your teeth is a part of the subgingival calculus. That means, the deposits started long back and irritated the gingiva. The slight bleeding from gums made it stained. This is not periodontitis. But, it is the sta...  Read Full »

I have tooth deposits and cavities as well as swollen gums. What should I do?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 15 and I have been noticing that there is an orange substance building up on some of my teeth. My gums are swollen. There is a cavity in my canine tooth and I was wondering if there was any way I can fix it without going to a dentist because my family is very poor. So, would you r...  Read Full »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Dentist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Debris is getting deposited onto the tooth surface. The gums are inflamed due to the debris. Brush your tooth twice daily. Rinse your mouth after every meal. I suggest you get your teeth cleaned by a dental hygienist.The cavity on the tooth surface is a cervical abrasio...  Read Full »

Should I brush my teeth after a wisdom tooth removal?
Query: Hello doctor, I just got all four of my wisdom teeth removed last week. I was looking at my back teeth, both top and bottom. On all the four teeth, at the very back of my mouth, just front of where the wisdom teeth were, I noticed what appears to be brown hairline-looking marks in the pits and on th...  Read Full »
Dr. Shamaz Mohamed
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to worry. They must be just stained pits and fissures. Since you have not brushed your teeth, or maintained your oral hygiene for a week, they have developed. I insist that you start gentle brushing and rinsing of your mouth twice daily with any over t...  Read Full »

How to prevent bleeding on brushing?
Query: Hi doctor, I noticed light bleeding while brushing. I feel minor discomfort in the gums at the centre, top and back of the teeth. I do not have much pain. Can I apply anything externally on the gums to prevent bleeding? Please advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should use Betadine gargle as mouthwash twice daily for 15 days to reduce the swelling of gums and bleeding and also to keep your teeth clean. It would be better if you could go to a dentist for physical evaluation. Ask your dentist to do cleaning of your whole mouth...  Read Full »

My teeth are yellow.I am not even smiling because of embarrassment. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I have a large white spot on one of my front teeth. My teeth are yellow and it makes my smile look bad. When I was young, I had used a paste given to me by my dentist. I cannot remember the name of it, but I was supposed to scrub it on my teeth, leave it for five minutes and then spit ...  Read Full »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

How many times a day should I brush my teeth?
Query: Hi doctor, How many times a day should I brush my teeth? I recently bought an electronic toothbrush with five modes. I am not new to electronic toothbrushes. I brush my teeth in sensitive mode and I used to wash them three times a day after having food. Sometimes, especially after I had my teeth c...  Read Full »
Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Welcome to icliniq.com. The best oral hygiene maintenance method is to brush your teeth with a soft or medium toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. The electronic toothbrush does not offer any real additional benefit to normal individuals. It is the movements of the toothbrush made by our hands that b...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Deposits On Teeth? We have medical experts to help you right away.