Depression

Related Terms: Anxiety, Antidepressants, Bipolar Disorder, Symptoms Of Depression, Psychotherapy, Stress, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Depression: Know the Types and Classical Signs

Article Overview: This article is all about depression, and how it is different from sadness. Also, there are various types of depression which have similar symptoms but are not the same.  Read Article »
Dr. Krishna

Depression is a common mental illness where there are feelings of sadness, despair, and loss of interest in daily life and activities. It is important to understand that feeling sad is different from clinical depression. While a low mood due to sadness is temporary and situational, depression is a s ...  Read Article »

Depression - a State of Mood Imbalance

Article Overview: As this world is growing more advanced in every field possible, depression is becoming a common term talked about by almost everyone.  Read Article »
Dr. Aasiya Iqbal Pawaskar

Let us see what depression actually means. Depression in simple words is a state of mood imbalance. It is characterised by prolonged sadness, irritability and loss of interest in daily activities. Changes in mood, irritability, anxiety, sleepiness, etc., are common but when these signs become so pr ...  Read Article »

Depression - Awareness, Self-Diagnosis, and Treatment Modalities

Article Overview: Depression is among the top five causes of morbidity in today’s world. It remains largely undiagnosed and underreported because of a lack of adequate knowledge, both among the patients as well as the physicians. It is majorly characterized by the presence of a continuous sad mood, anhedonia, and easy fatiguability along with a host of secondary symptoms, which aid in quantifying the severity of the depressive disorder. So, it is the need of the hour that awareness is raised among the masses regarding this illness that is soon poised to be the number one cause of morbidity.  Read Article »
Dr. Ajay Singh

Depression has been recorded in the annals of history since time immemorial, but never has it assumed so much significance as it has in today’s world. With the advent of technology today, the human society is evolving by leaps and bounds with every passing day. As the saying goes that every co ...  Read Article »

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from gastric problem for the last one and a half month. I lost 4 kg due to depression. I did my whole body checkup and all the reports are clear. But, I am having pain in my right hand muscle as well as have body pain. Is it due to depression? I studied about leukemia on i...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. There are many causes for weight loss. Weight loss can be due to depression. Even any chronic infection in body can cause weight loss. If you are not taking proper diet due to gastric problem, then this might also the reason for your w...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51 year old house wife married since 24 years. I am healthy and maintain a normal life and do my routine household work every day. I do yoga for one hour regularly under a trainer. Though I am yet to have my menopause, I have been experiencing the symptoms of menopause like hot...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I would like to inform you that it cannot be considered normal and it is probably the side effect of the medication. Clonil (Clomipramine) is a well-established cause for delayed ejaculation i...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from depression, anxiety, and OCD. I have tried triglycerides and SSRI, but they do not seem to work. I also have BP and diabetes. I am currently on cardiac medicines as I have undergone angioplasty twice. Please suggest me the treatment for depression.  Read Full »
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are currently on SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor). Have you consulted a psychiatrist or your cardiologist regarding medicines for depression? Several medications are available for treating depression, but each drug takes on an average of two w...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a session with one of the doctors in this forum. She helped me in getting into focus and gave me ideas on overcoming my problems. But, I seem to be lost and blank lately. Nothing seems interesting and everything happening around me seems suspicious. I see myself emotionally...  Read Full »
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you could be suffering from depression. Depression of such intensity requires medication and cure is possible in such cases. Breath relaxation exercises or meditation is also helpful, but not a substitute for medications.  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, We would like to conceive a baby, but we were not succeeding. Please help us. I am sending my semen analysis report. We were married for two years. We have protected intercourse with condom for the past two years. Before five months, we had taken the decision of having a baby. Before marr...  Read Full »
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your semen report is normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The medicine you took has no effect on semen. If you can make sex well, then it may take up to one year to get conceive. If your wife's age is not much and she has regular periods, then can wai...  Read Full »

DASS-21 (Depression Anxiety Stress Scale-21)

The Depression, Anxiety and Stress Scale - 21 Items (DASS-21) is a set of three self-report scales designed to measure the emotional states of depression, anxiety and stress. Check your Depression, Anxiety and Stress Level using this Tool. Please read each statement and choose a number 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 which indicates how much the statement applied to you over the past week. There are no right …

Read Full »

Tackle Your Depression With Exercise

Article Overview: All of us are aware that drugs available for treatment of depression are very useful in ameliorating depressive symptoms. What can be done on part of patients that is simple, easily available at their door step without any cost, that is very useful in treating depression?  Read Article »

Depression is one of the most common medical issues worldwide that is stretching it's arms vigorously. Standard treatments, generally medicines have not been effective in preventing further occurrence of this condition. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) can take months to provide a si ...  Read Article »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Depression? We have medical experts to help you right away.