Dermabrasion

Related Terms: Chemical Peels, Tretinoin, Cetaphil Cleanser, Laser, Sunscreen, Botox, Vitiligo

Query: Hello doctor, I have used Benzoyl peroxide gel for my acne and it has almost cleared. But, the acne left some red marks and blemishes on my cheek. I wanted to fade that redness on my skin. In the past, I used Epiduo gel. Please suggest me a product and guide me to remove that redness without laser ...  Read Full »
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is redness and some pus filled acne too (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Use cleanser like Cetaphil to wash face. Apply either Retin-A gel (Tretinoin) or Benzoyl peroxide gel in night and Clindamycin gel in the morning. Use sunscreen like Shade lot...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I suffered from cystic acne. I used Clindamycin and Epiduo gel. It cleared my acne, but left black and red marks. I have attached the pictures. Which type of scar is this? Is there any topical cream to remove the marks? Is a chemical peel or Retino A effective for this? I also have some h...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and do understand your concern. I have also viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are ice pick and boxcar scars (the big ones) of acne. Treatment for the small ice pick (hole-like) scars may ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I have a disfigured nose tip with the hyperpigmented scar as a result of a Hydroquinone reaction (Melalite 15 cream). I have undergone several treatments including dermabrasion, subcision and chemical peel. Currently, I am taking Limcee (vitamin c) tablets and co...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you already undergone all possible treatments, the last nonsurgical option, but a very good option is ND:YAG laser (neodymium-doped yttrium aluminium garnet laser) along with the daily night application of Clearz daily cream (Kojic acid and vitamin C) during night. ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have a hypertrophic scar on the left side of my face due to a road traffic accident from five years ago. I had undergone a scar revision surgery four years back but, no improvement was seen. So, I had a Z-plasty surgery two years back with a 40 % improvement. But, it is still visib...  Read Full »
Dr. Vikram Kumar Raja
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can try fractional RF (radio-frequency) or laser resurfacing for further improvement. But do not expect complete removal of the scar. A scar once formed will remain forever. You cannot remove it completely. It can only be made less conspicuous at a visible distanc...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, For the last seven years, I have very hard round white balls type lesions on my skin. They spread and the area will not heal until the ball is extracted. It has ruined my face. I used to get regular acne whole of my life till about seven years ago. There used to be some cystic acne, bu...  Read Full »
Dr. Chaitra Prakash
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a nodulocystic type of acne. Kindly provide more details of your treatment taken previously, especially of Accutane (Isotretinoin) and the duration. Revert back with the details to a dermatologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/...  Read Full »

Surgical Management of Vitiligo

Article Overview: Surgery for vitiligo is a good option for a patient who is not responding to medical treatment. But, patients are not aware of this option. This article discusses about surgical management of vitiligo.

Vitiligo, also known as white patch disease, is characterized by amelanotic or hypomelanotic patches anywhere over the body. Till date, there is no definite etiology known for vitiligo. This skin disease has great social consequences in our modern society in spite of it being non-contagious in natur ...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. My upper arms are so dark and I also have some small sand like bums. I noticed this since I was 15 years old. As my skin is quite fair, it looks obvious. Please suggest me some advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hello,  Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be amyloidosis (protein accumulation as insoluble fibres in tissues). For better clarification send me a few clear photos. Please do not use any puming stone or rub the skin harshly as it may cause such lesions. Use gentle soap and avoid friction. I suggest...  Read Full »

Skin Rejuvenation

Article Overview: Most of us desire to have youthful appearance, as greater physical attractiveness can have psychological benefits affecting a person's social interaction, job status and personal image. In this article I have discussed a few measures to maintain one's youthful appearance.
Cosmetologist

Aging is a continuous ongoing chronological process. It is genetically controlled and inevitable. The desire to maintain a youthful appearance and delay the changes of ageing is becoming a common demand nowadays. The aging of facial skin is a genetically driven one. Basically, it is out of one's co ...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Dermabrasion? We have medical experts to help you right away.