Dermatitis

Related Terms: Eczema, Allergic Contact Dermatitis, Atopic Dermatitis, Acne, Dry Skin, Fungal Infection, Dandruff, Seborrheic Dermatitis

Dermatitis - a Distressing Disease
Article Overview: This article discusses various phases of dermatitis (also known as eczema) with their causes and management.  Read Article »

Eczema is a group of skin conditions with different causes, but clinically similar presentation. These are defined as a pattern of skin inflammation having characteristic morphologies during its acute, subacute and chronic phases. Phases of Eczema Acute phase. Subacute phase. Chronic phase. ...  Read Article »

Dermatitis Herpetiformis
Article Overview: If a person taking wheat, barley and rye in diet and develops extensively itching symmetrical lesions over extensor aspect of the body, then we must think of this disease. Here, I have discussed the causes, presentation and treatment of dermatitis herpetiformis.  Read Article »

Dermatitis herpetiformis (DH) is characterized by an intensely itchy, chronic, papulovesicular eruption that is usually distributed symmetrically on the extensor surfaces. The prevalence varies from 10 to 39 per 100,000 persons. Although more common in the second, third or fourth decades, DH may sta ...  Read Article »

Atopic Dermatitis - a Chronic Relapsing Skin Disease
Article Overview: Atopic dermatitis is a chronic disease, which usually manifests for the first time in infancy or childhood. But, it usually improves with age.  Read Article »

Atopic dermatitis is an endogenous eczema (eczema due to internal causes) characterized by extreme itchiness and recurrent symmetric eczematous dermatitis. The involvement of a site depends on the age of the patients. This chronic eczema is one of the atopic conditions and together with asthma and h ...  Read Article »

Seborrheic Dermatitis - the Most Common Scalp Condition
Article Overview: This article discusses the clinical presentation, diagnosis and management of seborrheic dermatitis in both infants and adults.  Read Article »

Seborrheic dermatitis is a papulosquamous disorder with an inflammatory component. It is characterized by well-defined erythema and accompanied by overlying greasy scales. Seborrheic dermatitis will be seen over areas rich in sebum namely scalp, eyebrows, center of the face, eyelids, around and in t ...  Read Article »

Autoimmune Progesterone Dermatitis (APD)
Article Overview: This article deals with the treatment of autoimmune progesterone dermatitis (APD) through homeopathy.  Read Article »
Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

Autoimmune progesterone dermatitis (APD) is characterized by skin rashes whose severity is directly dependant on the phase of the menstrual cycle. It appears at the second half of the menstrual cycle during which the progesterone begins to rise. The rashes subside immediately after menstruation ends ...  Read Article »

Airborne Contact Dermatitis (ABCD) Due to Congress Grass
Article Overview: Here, I have discussed the common causes of airborne contact dermatitis.  Read Article »
Allergy Specialist

The causative plant for airborne contact dermatitis is Parthenium hysterophorus (Congress Grass). This plant was accidentally introduced all over the world through contaminated wheat shipments and now it has spread to the nook and corner of the world. Thus, the cases of Parthenium dermatitis have be ...  Read Article »

What Is Atopic Dermatitis?
Article Overview: Atopic dermatitis is an itchy skin condition in which skin is very dry. This condition starts in childhood, even in infancy.  Read Article »
Dr. Rabia

Atopic dermatitis is an itchy skin condition in which skin is very dry. This condition starts in childhood, even in infancy. Apart from dryness, these individuals can have other features of atopy like sneezing, asthma, allergic rhinitis (runny nose), and watering from eyes. A family history of atopy ...  Read Article »

I have scrotal dermatitis.Is it a relapsing disorder?
Query: Hello doctor, I have scrotal dermatitis. My dermatologist gave me some steroid creams, riboflavin tablets, multivitamin and mineral tablets. It subsided and I was normal in ten days. But again it came back in another 2 or 3 months. When I consulted the doctor again, he said it is relapsing due to ...  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you have mentioned as scrotal dermatitis can be lichen simplex chronicus (causing chronic itching and scratching). Since it is a relapsing disorder, it is very difficult to get control over the disease. It's etiology is not clear. Nutritional factors, stress and envi...  Read Full »

How to treat spongiotic dermatitis?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been dealing with spongiotic dermatitis for 17 months now, and I am at my wit's end. I will provide you with as many details as possible so that maybe you could provide some answers on the cause and cure. For 15 years, I have lived in a very dry region, so I have commonly had dr...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. There are two causes of dermatitis, one is exogenous and another one is endogenous. You have tried to rule out maximum exogenous causes, but as you did not get any relief, there might be some endogenous factor causing you the trouble. So...  Read Full »

I have got dermatitis after rhinoplasty. What can be done?
Query: Hello doctor, I had a rhinoplasty performed 3.5 weeks ago. About a week after the surgery, I developed some form of dermatitis on my nostrils. My surgeon prescribed me with antibiotics and steroid cream. It helped and cleared up temporarily. He advised me to use Vaseline on the area to help wound h...  Read Full »
Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like post inflammatory erythema and few follicular papules over your nasal area (attachment removed to protect patient identity). A simple bacterial infection could be the cause that can happen after surgery. Please avoid using steroid like Hydrocortisone prepa...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Dermatitis? We have medical experts to help you right away.