Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Related Terms: Atopic Dermatitis, Acne, Diabetes, Psoriasis, Rosacea, Seborrheic Dermatitis, Vitiligo

Dermatitis Herpetiformis
Article Overview: If a person taking wheat, barley and rye in diet and develops extensively itching symmetrical lesions over extensor aspect of the body, then we must think of this disease. Here, I have discussed the causes, presentation and treatment of dermatitis herpetiformis.  Read Article »

Dermatitis herpetiformis (DH) is characterized by an intensely itchy, chronic, papulovesicular eruption that is usually distributed symmetrically on the extensor surfaces. The prevalence varies from 10 to 39 per 100,000 persons. Although more common in the second, third or fourth decades, DH may sta ...  Read Article »

How to treat spongiotic dermatitis?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been dealing with spongiotic dermatitis for 17 months now, and I am at my wit's end. I will provide you with as many details as possible so that maybe you could provide some answers on the cause and cure. For 15 years, I have lived in a very dry region, so I have commonly had dr...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. There are two causes of dermatitis, one is exogenous and another one is endogenous. You have tried to rule out maximum exogenous causes, but as you did not get any relief, there might be some endogenous factor causing you the trouble. So...  Read Full »

Role of Diet in Dermatology
Article Overview: There are a few diseases in which diet has a definitive role. This article stresses upon the importance of diet in dermatology.  Read Article »
Dr. Anagha Kumar
Dietician

The word diet is derived from the Greek word "dieta" which means 'way of life'. The role of diet in the management of certain dermatological diseases is proven, and in some diseases, it probably plays a role. Dermatitis Herpetiformis - Gluten-free diet, i.e., wheat, rye, barley has to be followed ...  Read Article »

I would like to get a proper diagnosis regarding my high hs-CRP.
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from iron depletion. My iron is low, but ferritin and hemoglobin are normal. My folic acid was 4 about a year ago. I took Folic acid tablets for two months and it is normal now. My vitamin D has improved after taking tablets. My vitamin B12 is also on lower side. I am mar...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and after going through your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: C-reactive protein (CRP) levels are a bit high indicating mild inflammation. This value is suggestive of high cardiac risk. Your cholester...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Dermatitis Herpetiformis? We have medical experts to help you right away.