Medical Advice on "Diabetes"

It is well known that diabetes during pregnancy is a forerunner for diabetes in later life. It is good that you checked your blood levels faithfully after your delivery and that is why you were able to identify the high levels. Having found out about these high levels, it … View thread »

You are suffering from gestational diabetes mellitus without any doubt. As per IADPSG criteria (International Association of Diabetes and Pregnancy Study Group) and DIPSI criteria (The Diabetes and Pregnancy Study Group India) both makes you overt diabetic. These … View thread »

It can take seven to eight weeks for your sugar levels to become normal. Your fasting sugar is normal, but your postprandial is a little high. Do not take only rice in your diet. Try to take a complete food. This will not affect the baby's digestion. I suggest you … View thread »

From the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it is found that your father has overt diabetes and should be managed efficiently to prevent the complications. There are two ways of diabetes management: Lifestyle changes - It includes diabetic diet … View thread »

I had verified your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I must say that as you have undergone hysterectomy which is the best known treatment for grade 2 endometrial cancer. I advise you to consult your doctor regularly even after surgery and do … View thread »

Instead of Kombiglyze (combination of Saxagliptin and Metformin hydrochloride extended release) take tablet Tenepride (Teneligliptin) and also take Metformin (Exermet or Glyciphage) extended release 1000 mg in the afternoon. Get an x-ray of the pain region and upload it … View thread »

According to WHO, in 2012, an estimated 1.5 million deaths were directly caused by diabetes. This article discusses the prevention and management of diabetes with lifestyle changes … View thread »

4% population of the world. Not only the developed countries, but also the developing countries are significantly affected by it. There are various treatment approaches for managing diabetes which has been successful to certain extent. But still, … View thread »

Among them, 1 % require a higher-level amputation. In a diabetic patient, deformities of the toes and feet occur, causing areas of raised plantar pressures and ulcer formation. These act as portals of entry for bacteria, leading … View thread »

You should monitor your blood sugar twice a week and especially at those times when you are feeling dizzy. Initially, with the start of medication, you may have some low blood sugar symptoms due to the first effect of medications for treatment of diabetes. I suggest … View thread »

Do you have a question on Diabetes? We have medical experts to help you right away.