Diabetic Diet

Related Terms: Diabetes, Hba1c, Diabetes Management, Exercises, Metformin, Lifestyle Modification, Diet And Lifestyle, Diabetes Mellitus

A Guide to Choosing a Perfect Diabetic Diet
Article Overview: Patients diagnosed with diabetes have many doubts regarding their diet. This article attempts to clear this confusion by providing very simple guidelines.  Read Article »
Dr. Rufiat Kazi
Dietician

The most common question asked by patients who are diagnosed with diabetes is - doctor, what do I eat now? The answer is very simple - there is nothing you cannot eat! Yes, you read it right. There is nothing you cannot eat as long as you eat regular, qualitative meals and make the correct food cho ...  Read Article »

How can we manage diabetes with proper drug and diet?
Query: Hi doctor, I am diabetic for past four years. I am taking Tablet Glynase MF for diabetes. My FBS is 200 mg/dL, PPBS is 300 mg/dL and Hba1c is 8 %. Kindly provide proper drug and diet for managing blood sugar.  Read Full »
Dr. Surbhi Agrawal
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Follow the diabetic diet and exercise daily for at least 30 minutes. Here is a sample diet to help you understand the diet. Early Morning: Green tea (sugarless), Breakfast: Nonfried preparations or whole wheat bread or vegetable poha, upma, idli sambhar. Mid-Mo...  Read Full »

High HbA1c in a pregnant woman. Please suggest what has to be done.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old lady about 6 to 7 weeks pregnant. My HbA1c is 12. What should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to diabetes guidelines, the patient should have strict diabetic control pre-pregnancy. It is better to have a strict diabetic diet and sugar levels within the normal range and have HbA1c less than 6. Frankly speaking, I feel that during conception, less than 6...  Read Full »

Can a diabetic patient have brown rice?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38 year old male. My height is 6 feet height and weight is 90 kg. I have been a hypertensive for the past ten years. My fasting sugar generally comes in the range of 100 to 130; PP 140 to 170 and A1c level is 6.6. Should I start medicine for this? For hypertension I am taking Losar...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your levels are indicating that you are diabetic. But, the values are not that high enough to start on medications. I recommend you to start diabetic diet and exercise regularly. Also, repeat your fasting blood sugar (FBS), postprandial blood sugar (PPBS), and Hb...  Read Full »

I am implanted with pacemaker and potassium is high. What diet to follow?
Query: Hello doctor, I am implanted with a pacemaker. I am aged 71, potassium 5.1, fasting glucose 273, postprandial 353. What diet should I follow?  Read Full »
Dr. Sumiya Sulthana
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It needs to be monitored very strictly with diet so that it will help to manage the present condition and avoid kidney problems. Strictly follow a diabetic diet plan with complex carbohydrate diet with a split of seven to eight meals per day. Avoid excess potassium...  Read Full »

What type of diet has to be followed in type 2 diabetes?
Query: Hello doctor, I have type 2 diabetes. I am 29 years old. My height is 5'7" and weight is 58 kg. 34 days back I gave blood tests. My fasting blood sugar was 313, postprandial 599, HbA1c-14.9, T3 109.6, T4-12.30, vitamin D-6.2 and TSH-2.29. After five days, I consulted a doctor and he gave me medicin...  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I am surprised why have you stopped taking medicines? Medication does not cure diabetes; they control it and hence do keep continuing medications. Coming to your diabetic diet: You need to eat food in small quantities, but frequently. Avoid sweets and ...  Read Full »

How to manage diabetes?
Query: Hi doctor, My father is suffering from diabetes. His blood sugar values are around 350-470 in the report. Earlier, he never had such a problem. Please provide some solution and help us to get it cured.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it is found that your father has overt diabetes and should be managed efficiently to prevent the complications. There are two ways of diabetes management: Lifestyle changes - It includes diabetic diet,...  Read Full »

Other than medicines, how can I control my blood sugar?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old male. My height is 5'7" and weight is 96 kg. I am diabetic since 15 years and have BP for the past 20 years. Along with this, I have bipolar since birth. Hence, taking psychiatric medicine too. I am on Lantus 20 units in the night and NovoRapid 10 units before lunch. Ta...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. You need to reduce your weight and modify your diet and lifestyle. According to your weight and height you should consume appropriate amount of calories per day. Take dietician opinion f...  Read Full »

What are the ways to reduce fasting blood sugar levels?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 49 years old, moderately active, all biochemical parameters mid-range normal. Fasting sugar levels steady at 147 to 149, PP 159 to 250, drops to 80 to 105 at about 6 PM, after lunch at 1.30 to 2 PM. I am having (Glycomet Trio1 and Glycomet GP1) twice a day. Am unable to understan...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Great fluctuations in blood sugar level are common in diabetics. Your treatment is suitable but it may require some small modifications. My advice in order to have better control is that you have to eat a small meal between the main meals. St...  Read Full »

Blood sugar fasting 97, HbA1c 6.89 and mean blood glucose 144. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, I got my blood test results today. My fasting blood sugar is 97 mg/dL. But, my HbA1c is 6.89 with mean blood glucose at 144. I am going through premenopause and I am 49 years old female. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your message. I think I can help you. This is suggestive of a possible impaired glucose tolerance (IGT). I would suggest getting an oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT). While many do consider it out of date, I think in your case it would yield the dia...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Diabetic Diet? We have medical experts to help you right away.