Diet Blunders

Related Terms: Crash Diet, Diet And Lifestyle, How To Lose Weight, Low Fat Diet, Weight Loss, Gastritis, Abdomen Pain

The Most Common Blunders That Spoil Diet Plan
Article Overview: Every one of us wishes to maintain a proper diet to lose weight. But, unknowingly we make so many mistakes that spoil all our plans to slim down.  Read Article »
Dr. Saumya Mittal
Dietician

Diet mistakes spoil all your plans to slim down. You could be making any one of the following diet blunders. Let us check out. Crash Diets: We do think that we tend to lose weight quickly once we suddenly stop eating or eat just barely or cut down on calorie intake. But, when you eat fewer ca ...  Read Article »

Is my daughter's high TSH level linked to our vegan diet?
Query: Hello doctor,My family and I have gone vegan three months ago. We did blood tests this week to check if we are healthy and my three children show a low level of hematocrit count, although their RBC is within limits. My youngest (2 and a half years) has also a high TSH level (5.2 mIU/L). They are su...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through their reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Her hematocrit value is borderline low. Her Hb (hemoglobin) and RBC (red blood cells) values are within limit. So, for that, just now no active treatment is needed as it is not a clear-...  Read Full »

I have sudden and severe hair loss. Please help me.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old female. I am suffering from severe hair loss. Almost three-quarters of my hair I lost in 15 days. I have severe itchiness on the scalp with a sensation of something crawling on my scalp and body. But, my mother says nothing can be found on the head, except some...  Read Full »
Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. A sudden hair loss may be due to many causes like severe dieting, mental or physical stress, pregnancy or any illness. Please evaluate yourself if you have suffered from any of the above recently. You need to understand that hair regrowth...  Read Full »

I have 'cold water droplets' sensation all over my body. What could be the cause?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been getting a cold drop of water sensation all over my body. It is more noticeable on the legs. I often go to clean the water, but there is nothing there. It only gets triggered when clothes touch it. I also have muscle twitching all over the body and a muscle tension on my ...  Read Full »
Dr. Pritam Mohapatra
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you seeking help. Well, it is apparently a neurological problem that is most likely stemming out of an improper diet and lifestyle issues. I would recommend the following: Eat a healthy, balanced and anti-inflammatory diet, preferably Mediterranean cuisine...  Read Full »

Sugar vs. Fat: Understand the Real Villain!
Article Overview: Drop that marshmallow. And why is that cheese slice out for the dog's feed? I will tell you why you are getting fat even after so many fat cuts.  Read Article »
Dr. Vishnu K R
Dietician

Becoming fat is not a choice. It happens to everyone following a typical lifestyle. But getting back in shape and looking fit like you are supposed to is a choice for a better well being. Fat Cut? You get fat with fat accumulating in your subcutaneous and visceral spaces. True. But not all that is ...  Read Article »

Can I lose weight by eating only eggs for breakfast and lunch?
Query: Hello doctor,There is a diet to lose 10 kgs in 10 days where I have to eat three eggs at breakfast and three eggs at lunch and oats for dinner. So, I want to really do this diet. My question is, can I eat four or six eggs together at breakfast because I cannot have them later due to my schedule. I...  Read Full »
Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is absolutely not a good way to lose 10 kg in 10 days. It can create several health problems. So, I suggest you do not do this. The best rate would be to reduce 4 to 5 kg in a month. About eating eggs, eating three to four eggs is ideal for weight management, b...  Read Full »

Dieting vs Starvation for Weight Loss
Article Overview: Yes, dieting and starvation are different. To get to a healthy weight range, you are probably starving while mistaking it to be dieting.  Read Article »
Dr. Vishnu K R
Nutritionist

Diabetes is the most dreaded disease which requires a special diet. But, it may so happen that the patient always craves for some high-carb sweets. On the other hand, many young teenage girls abstain from eating bulk carbohydrates just to decrease their belly fat and facial fat although they ar ...  Read Article »

Food gets stuck while entering my stomach. Why is it happening?
Query: Hi doctor, Whenever I eat, the food gets stuck while entering the stomach. I have to drink water to flush it down. Sometimes, I am not able to swallow the water also. I have to throw up to breathe. Why is it happening? Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Probably it is achalasia cardia (failure of smooth muscle relaxation in esophagus). My advice is to get a barium meal x-ray of esophagus for a definitive diagnosis. Revert back with the x-ray to a medical gastroenterologist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-d...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Diet Blunders? We have medical experts to help you right away.