Diet During Pregnancy

Related Terms: Pregnancy, Folic Acid, Conception And Pregnancy, Pregnancy Health, Iron Supplement, Diabetes During Pregnancy, Pcod

Is it safe to have banana and coconut water when pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 24 weeks pregnant. I am having doubts regarding her daily diet during pregnancy. She is taking one banana early morning, coconut water daily once and milk thrice a day. My doubt is, is it safe to take banana and coconut when pregnant? And is it safe to take milk thrice ...  Read Full »
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your problem. If her blood pressure is normal then there is no harm in taking one banana and coconut water once daily and milk thrice a day. Diet during pregnancy must contain green leafy vegetables in it. Her hemoglobin is low, she should take...  Read Full »

What to Eat When Pregnant?
Article Overview: What a woman eats and drinks during pregnancy is her baby's main source of nourishment. Here is a guide on what and how a woman should eat during this very important phase of her life.  Read Article »
Dr. Rufiat Kazi
Dietician

Pregnancy is the most exciting phase for a woman as she embarks on her journey to motherhood. The ultimate goal for every pregnancy would be ensuring a healthy mother and a healthy baby, which requires intensive care and efforts by the mother, the family members, and health care providers. While the ...  Read Article »

Common Fears of a Mom-To-Be
Article Overview: Once you realize you are pregnant, you want to ensure your baby gets only the best. You leave no stone unturned to verify the facts you come across. This article deals with common apprehensions that might cross the minds of newly-pregnant moms.  Read Article »
Dr. Vasantha K S

When you first find out you are pregnant, at first, there is excitement. But after the news has slowly sunk in, many emotions such as worries, fears, and concerns take over right away. Am I eating right? Is the baby healthy? There are just too many questions running in your mind. We have set the fac ...  Read Article »

Is the change in stool consistency during pregnancy, a problem to worry?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old and now 36 weeks pregnant. I just noticed my stool appeared as a mixture of white and brown long particles. I never had white poop in such lengths. My scan reports were normal a month ago. Is there any problem to worry? Is there any threat to the baby? Should I visit th...  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Passage of white or brown particles in stool does not harm baby and there is no need to be alarmed. You can visit a physician or gastroenterologist for a physical evaluation, to confirm the nature of the problem and take treatment if required. If there are no other stom...  Read Full »

Why do women become fat during or after pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know why do women become fat during or after pregnancy?  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Women become fat because of lack of physical activity, exercise, fluid redistribution during and post pregnancy. All these factors cause weight gain. For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doc...  Read Full »

Does low weight of fetus lead to early termination of pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 weeks pregnant (post IUI). Recently I got my growth scan done and it showed GA by LMP 29 weeks 3 days whereas GA by USG 28 weeks 2 days. Fetal body weight of 1125 gram and with a slight impression of asymmetrical IUGR. I am much worried about this 1 week 1 day gap between USG and...  Read Full »
Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your medical history and in my opinion one week difference may occur and can be considered a normal change. Your baby weight is fine and you are taking appropriate dose of amino acid and other medicines.  Have a balanced and protein rich diet which in...  Read Full »

Common Mistakes Made During Pregnancy
Article Overview: Pregnancy is all about happiness and joy of being a mother. Once you find out that you are pregnant, your world changes completely, and you will be confused what to do and what not to do. You and your baby bump begin to face all the little struggles of life together. I have discussed the common mistakes made during pregnancy. Whether you are pregnant or not, this would help you.  Read Article »
Dr. Farhat Sultana

Pregnancy is one stage where you are happy, excited, and elated to know there is a little life growing inside you. Initially, you will be really confused about all the stuff whether it is safe to do in pregnancy or not. Most of the mom-to-be go through this phase. The best way to find out is to cons ...  Read Article »

What does a double red line in pregnancy test kit indicate?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years now and my wife is 31. Today in pregnancy test kit, result came as double red line (a red line for C and a red line for T). Is this positive for pregnancy? Actually yesterday is her date for periods, but this has also not occurred yet. What precautions should we take? We w...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The (UPT Kit) urine pregnancy test kit with two red lines indicates a positive result and that she is at present pregnant. The confirmation for an intrauterine pregnancy can be further done with a transvaginal ultrasound scan. She should be placed on tablet Folic Acid ...  Read Full »

What are the things to consider before planned pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, What are the best things one can do to get pregnant?  Read Full »
Dr. Gowrimeena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As with anything, having a planned pregnancy has a better outcome than an unplanned pregnancy. For both partners, adhering to a healthy lifestyle in terms of diet, fitness, stopping smoking and alcohol, and stress management are important. For the woman, in particular, we...  Read Full »

I am pregnant. What precautions should I take?
Query: Hi doctor, I had my periods last month and I missed my periods of this month. My urine test shows a positive pregnancy result. How to know that when I got pregnant? How long it have been that is, how many days or weeks? What are the precautions should I take now? I am living in an area where I could...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the dates you have mentioned (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you have conceived during the last week of the month, as it was the fertile period for you. And, you are almost 6 plus weeks pregnant now.Please get a scan for an early pregnancy t...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Diet During Pregnancy? We have medical experts to help you right away.