Diet For Gout

Related Terms: Exercises, High Fibre Diet, Protein Rich Diet, Anxiety, Lifestyle Modification, Constipation, Diet And Lifestyle, Low Salt Diet

Can I consume nutritional shake for weight loss if I am on thyroid pills?
Query: Hello doctor,I am having thyroid issues of Hashimoto's type. Is it good for me to consume a nutritional shake for weight loss in my daily diet without stopping my thyroid hormone pills?  Read Full »
Dr. Koushik Mukherjee

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have said that you are taking 200 micrograms of Thyronorm (Levothyroxine) and your last TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) was 0.01. You are going to a state called iatrogenic hyperthyroidism. I suggest you reduce the dose of Thyronorm. You can reduce by 25 micro...  Read Full »

Is medicine the only solution for gout?
Query: Hello doctor, I have gout, and my uric acid remains in the range of 8.5 to 9. Is medicine the only solution? I have not started any, but the doctor suggested Febutaz 40 mg. If I start my medicine and continue with my daily workout, is it fine to add a protein shake in my diet?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can start dietary restrictions initially, and if not responding, then you will have to use medicine. The risk of developing gout is increased with dietary meat and fish intake. Consumption of dairy products, particularly low-fat dairy products, is associated with a...  Read Full »

How to lower my uric acid level?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from gout - podagra for the past 16 years. I cannot maintain a constant diet because every local doctor prescribes different. Have many wens around the body. My uric acid level is higher than normal (till 800). I am taking medicines named Colchicine and Diclofenac. From the...  Read Full »
Dr. Kusumakar Srivastava
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all do not worry and send all the scanned pictures of investigations done so far and a fresh KFT (kidney function test) report, BP (blood pressure), complete sugar profile, x-ray picture of the joints and the list of complete drugs used so far. Start tablet Wys...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for increased uric acid?
Query: Hi doctor, Since yesterday morning, I have been having an acute pain and stiffness in the joint of the big toe on the left foot. Also, there is a little amount of swelling. The symptoms are similar to elevated uric acid levels. Four years ago, I had a spike in uric acid levels. I have given my samp...  Read Full »
Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you. I suggest tablet Naproxen 500 mg twice daily and tablet Indomethacin 50 mg three times daily. These are generic names. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Mobizox for foot pain?
Query: Hello doctor, My brother, who is 36 years old, has a lot of pain in the ball of right foot. It is like a sharp pain both on the foot as well as in the toes. He is overweight with 98 kg and he is of height 5 feet 7 inches. He is taking NAC 75 painkiller. But, the pain comes back once he stops eat...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gout is a condition with elevated uric acid levels. It commonly affects great toe rather than ball of foot. Is your brother's great toe swollen along with the pain in the ball of the toe? How long he has been suffering from the pain? Since when he is aware of his uric...  Read Full »

How to know the reason for my big toe pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering lately from pain in my big toe joint. It is very severe that I could not sleep two nights when I ran out of painkillers. I thought it might be a gout attack. Because I do have gout. Though my uric acid levels are mostly high, I do not really watch what I eat. My tri...  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your detailed description, it is gout unless proven otherwise. The reason I say this is your past medical history of gout. Swelling of the great toe and adjoining area with excruciating pain is called podagra. It is the most common presentation of gout. Even nor...  Read Full »

Uric acid is 7.5. Please suggest a medicine.
Query: Hello doctor,My uric acid is 7.5. Please suggest me a medicine.  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns. Your uric acid level falls within the normal range for female patients (the normal range is between 2.5-7.5 mg/dL). I think Fabulas 40 (Febuxostat) you are taking is taking good control ...  Read Full »

Will amylase and lipase levels come to normal if I stop alcohol?
Query: Hello doctor, I am having pancreas enzymes such as amylase and lipase at high levels. I am an alcoholic. I do not have abdomen pain, but I have little high cholesterol. Doctor advised me to stop the drink and maintain low fat diet. Will it reverse to normal if I stop drinking? I have stopped drinkin...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I have gone through the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are suffering from subacute pancreatitis. The people who consume alcohol have many attacks of subacute pancreatitis that goes unnoticed as there is no much pain....  Read Full »

Is joint pain a symptom of gout?
Query: Hi doctor, Over last few weeks my wife is suffering from joint paint in foot and right knee. When I search this problem in google, I found it as symptom of gout. Can you please explain me about gout?  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and also looked at the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Initially, I would like to throw some information about gout. It is a condition of altered purine metabolism in the body in which crystals of monosodium urate ...  Read Full »

Why do I get thigh muscle numbness?
Query: Hi doctor, My uric acid in blood shoots up to 7.9. I do not have the problem or gout or kidney stones. How to reduce it? I have already started to drink lemon water the whole day. I have attached the photographs. I have only knee pain, which is at the backside of the knee while climbing up and down...  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have stated that you do not have any symptoms suggestive of gout. There are ways to keep your uric acid value in low levels. General recommendations are as follows: Decreasing intake of red meat, alcohol, rice in your diet and other purine rich sources. Also incre...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Diet For Gout? We have medical experts to help you right away.