Diet In Dermatology

Related Terms: Protein Rich Diet, Iron Supplement, Iron-rich Foods, Folic Acid, Sunscreen, Acne, Minoxidil, Vitamin B12

Role of Diet in Dermatology
Article Overview: There are a few diseases in which diet has a definitive role. This article stresses upon the importance of diet in dermatology.  Read Article »
Dr. Anagha Kumar
Dietician

The word diet is derived from the Greek word "dieta" which means 'way of life'. The role of diet in the management of certain dermatological diseases is proven, and in some diseases, it probably plays a role. Dermatitis Herpetiformis - Gluten-free diet, i.e., wheat, rye, barley has to be followed ...  Read Article »

What is the solution for skin sagging following bariatric sleeve surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, I have gone through the bariatric sleeve surgery before three years. Now,  my stomach skin is sagging. Please advise me what to do.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have gone for bariatric surgery, I just want to elaborate the things for better understanding. Skin has to stretch as we move and grow. In the case of weight loss surgery skin shrink and sagged since skin is a incredibly elastic living organ. Attend to your hydr...  Read Full »

What is the most effective treatment for clogged skin pores?
Query: Hi doctor, Can dead skin and excessive sebum buildup cause itchy skin? If so then what is the most effective treatment for clogged pores?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have excess sebum then you can develop acne or seborrheic dermatitis,which can cause itching.The best way to remove excess of sebum is steaming your face which not only open your closed pores but also reduce the chance of acne and other skin disease.You should do f...  Read Full »

Can I get even skin tone by using Cetaphil?
Query: Hi doctor, My skin looks dull and oily in the T-zone. I have tried many products to get my skin tone even. As of now I am using Body Shop tea-tree products, but nothing seems to be working. Please advice, what products can I go for? Is Cetaphil a good product to use?  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  I can understand your concern. Yes, Cetaphil has few good products. You can use Cetaphil cleansing lotion for oily skin and wash your face with Cetaphil Dermacontrol oil as a regular moisturizing lotion. Apply Onetone cream on the dull areas of the face twice daily. Tak...  Read Full »

I have acne since the age of 13. Kindly get me a solution.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female. I am getting acne since the age of 13. I have asthma. No product has worked on my face. I have sensitive oily skin. Kindly advice some solution.  Read Full »
Dr. Charu Bansal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and I understand your concern. Acne has several grades depending on the type of lesions. In grade 1, I prefer to advise topical Clindamycin in the morning and Benzoyl peroxide alternatively with topical retinoids in the night-time. Oral antibioti...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get weird breakout around chin due to change in diet?
Query: Hi doctor, Just recently I have noticed some weird breakouts around my chin area. I am not sure when they started. While I do from time to time experience acne, I do not think what I am experiencing on my chin is not an acne breakout. Because there is no white head or black head present. They are no...  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and according to me they are papular lesions of acne. They are not blackheads or whiteheads. I would recommend you to continue with the birth control pill besides applying Benzoyl per...  Read Full »

I have a horizontal black line on my nose. How do I get rid of that?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a horizontal black line on my nose from the past seven years. During the time of menses, it looks lighter, but on the other days, it looks darker. I applied everything from lemon juice, potato juice, cucumber, kojic cream, etc. But nothing works. What should I do?  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern may be post inflammatory hyper pigmentation or melasma. I suggest you try Lumacip plus (a combination of Fluocinolone topical, Hydroquinone topical and Tretinoin topical) cream. It is a triple combination cream. You can apply the cream on the pigmentation...  Read Full »

How to cure acne in the case of combination-type skin?
Query: Hello doctor, I have combination skin on the face with acne. I am not really sure if it can be termed acne. There are these very minute skin bumps. Please see the attached photo. I do not usually get pimples though. What can I do to make my face clearer?  Read Full »
Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is acne vulgaris grade I. Your skin is of mixed type with the T-zone of the face oily and the remaining parts are dry. Start using Papulex (Nicotinamide) face wash twice daily. If your skin gets too dry after face wash, apply Aquasoft FC moisturizer af...  Read Full »

Can I use Rejuglow Gel for skin whitening. I have very tanned skin. Give me suggestions.
Query: Hello, I am a 22 year old, male. I have a very sensitive skin, even after using sunscreens, it is tanned. Suggest me any skin whitening pills.  Read Full »
Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. As such there are no skin whitening pills. Glutathione pills are marketed as skin whitening pill, but its use is not recommended by doctors. It is essential to know how you use your sunscreen. Sunscreens with SPF 30 are good for regular use. Sunscreen should be a...  Read Full »

I have skin color bumps that are getting darker. What can it be?
Query: Hi doctor, I got skin color bumps all over my body which are getting darker after going away. I have attached the photos. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Vinay Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have examined the pictures (attachments removed to protect patient identity) and noted your details. The description matches closely that of superficial folliculitis which is a low grade bacterial infection of the hair follicles and is recurrent in nature. For som...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Diet In Dermatology? We have medical experts to help you right away.