Diltiazem

Related Terms: ECG, Arrhythmias, Calcium Channel Blockers, Sitz Bath, High Blood Pressure, Constipation, Echocardiogram

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full »
Dr. Akant Kaushal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause of burning sensation in anus following stools will be the consumption of spicy food. Another cause can be constipation, which can cause fissures around the anus. If this is the condition, apply Diltiazem gel 2 % three to four times a day for se...  Read Full »

I have been having palpitations on and off. Should I get a 30-day Holter monitor?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old Caucasian woman, 5 feet and 11 inches, 195 lbs and semi-active. My family has a history of heart problems. My mother, eldest brother, and father are all taking Metoprolol for heart arrhythmias and my maternal grandfather died of a heart attack at 55. My father also has ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports. The Holter shows runs of ill-sustained supraventricular tachycardia, possible atrial tachycardia, and a few ventricular premature beats. Ideally, Metoprolol would be good for you. But, since you are unable to tolerate it, I sugges...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Telma 40 and Dilzem tablets together?
Query: Hello doctor, My father recently underwent an operation on his right leg, that is, PFN. After the operation was performed, an echo was done on the 16th of last month. The echo pressure is 75 mmHg and RA-RV were dilated. So, the doctor suggested the following medicines: Dilzem SR twice a day. Lexi...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the description of your father's echo findings over the last two months, it appears that he suffered a clot in the pulmonary arteries after his leg operation. The good news is that the treatment was ideal and he has responded well given his RA-RV are normal and pr...  Read Full »

My aortic valve is leaky, and I have pain in my chest and jaws. Should I be concerned?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41 year old, and since the past five years, I have had some heart issues. I was hospitalized for SVT, five years back. The medications had it under control for a while, but I got older, a little bit heavier, and had some life changes, so things changed. It was also recommended that...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I think you should upload your reports like the echocardiogram to know the severity of aortic regurgitation, and electrocardiography to know what kind of SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) it was. It will give a better idea if it is PSVT (paroxysmal supraventr...  Read Full »

My wife has hemorrhoid. How can she get relief from anal pain and swelling?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 28 years old. Her weight is 128 kg and height is 5 feet 3 inches. She has got a constipation problem since last 5 years and she takes Smuth for this. Since last four days, she has been getting severe pain between vagina and anus and that area is swollen. Also, her anus openi...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your concern for her health. As you have given every possible analgesic and the pain is not relieved, I think the hemorrhoid has strangulated. It means it is entrapped within the anal sphincter. I suggest tablet Acena...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for thrombosed piles?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from thrombosed piles since two years. Initially, it took a week to subside. I showed it to doctor, who has conducted a physical examination and he had diagnosed it as thrombosed piles. Before 11 months, when I was exercising in gym, I again suffered from thrombosed ...  Read Full »
Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Thrombosed piles can be a cause of your pain and bleeding, but the other causes need to be ruled out. In my opinion, you should consult a surgeon, so that your proper examination and intervention could...  Read Full »

Hypertension medicines are causing side-effects. What medication to take?
Query: Hello doctor, I have hypertension and also suffer from asthma. I have been prescribed ARBs. However, I have experienced respiratory side effects (dyspnea) that lead me to discontinue the medication. The side effects are class effect and all drugs from this class will have these effects. I cannot us...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your health query and can understand your worries about hypertension and appropriate medications. Although thorough physical evaluation is mandatory here, I would assist you based on the details provided here. I would suggest you start afresh with li...  Read Full »

Patient has excreting problem. Is it a fissure and does it need surgery?
Query: Hello doctor, My brother is 38 years old and he is obese. His weight is more than 150 kg. He has been found with liver cirrhosis few years back and he has taken medicine for that and all went normally. Later, he found with balanitis but after medicine he was normal. At present, he used to drink but...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I could find three issues with your brother. They are obesity, cirrhosis, and fissure. All these are related. He needs to lose weight. He has to be motivated with regular physical activity, modified diet and restrict fluid to 2 liters a day. Regarding cirrhosis, he need...  Read Full »

Do I have HCM or something else?
Query: Hello doctor,I am a male aged 56 years. I am having a musculoskeletal problem. 14 years back I was diagnosed bone TB and treatment was taken. Problem recurred four years later and diagnosed as ankylosing spondylitis (AS). Despite on biological injection for 10 years, efficacy reduced and became inef...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports and summary (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You do not have HCM (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) and also do not have had any heart attack. There are changes in the ECG (electrocardiography) which is called as strain pa...  Read Full »

Is an anion gap of 20 mmol/L bad?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old female, and I went to the ER four days back for SVT. Apparently, my anion gap was 20 mmol/L. Is this bad? The BUN was less than 3, ionized calcium was 1.11 and low creatinine. I am freaking out as no one went over the results with me. I have had four cases of SVT ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, low BUN (blood urea nitrogen) and creatinine levels are not a matter of worry. Normal BUN range is from 2.5 to 7.1 mmol/L. Also, ionized calcium is a bit lower but still normal. Anion gap is high, but it has got significance if you have acidosis as well l...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Diltiazem? We have medical experts to help you right away.