Disc Bulge

About "Disc Bulge"

When the intervertebral disc, which serves as the cushion between two vertebrae, slips from its normal position or swells up, it is called disc bulge. It causes nerve compression and thus results in symptoms like tingling or pain in the back, neck, or shoulders, leg pain, numbness, weakness, and sciatica. It can result from poor posture, sudden load to the vertebrae, and due to genes.

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Mri Spine, Degenerative Disc Disease, Nerve Compression, Back Pain, Disc Prolapse, Numbness