Disc Herniation

Related Terms: Physiotherapy, Back Pain, Degenerative Disc Disease, Mri Spine, Nerve Compression, Low Back Pain, Disc Prolapse

Can disc herniation cause testicular pain and make my testicles to retract?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. Ten days back, I noticed that my testicles has moved up and are receding into my groin. I also have a dull pain in the testicles. This pain is not always there, but it happens on and off. I am worried that this may be a serious condition. Could you please l...  Read Full »
Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy
HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your pain. The most important condition to exclude when a testicle becomes high-riding with associated pain would be testicular torsion (twisting and occlusion of blood supply to testicle). Torsion is however incredibly rare in older males and occ...  Read Full »

Why is the pain recurring even after disc herniation surgery?
Query: Hi doctor, Five months ago, my wife had a disc herniation surgery. She was fine for the next two to three months, but again she is getting the pain. Her doctor advised us to go for repeated MRI. We are yet to meet her doctor, But, I am looking forward to know what is going on. I have attached the re...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. There is disc problem in the L4-L5 disc level. Though the pressure on nerve roots might have decreased after the disc herniation surgery, it is possible that the recent activity is causing press...  Read Full »

Can thumb twitching be a sign of cervical disc herniation worsening?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old female with asthma. I have cervical disc herniation for 10 years. Over the past 5 months, symptoms were back with tingling, weakness and shooting pain in arms. I tried medications like Celebrex, Lyrica and also massage, physiotherapy, chiropractor and acupuncture, b...  Read Full »
Dr. Tony Magana
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A herniated disc in the neck can cause three potential problems: Injury and degeneration of the disc can cause neck pain that is not related to nerve problems, and this is not usually a need for surgery. If the disc and bone spurring that form for long-standing prob...  Read Full »

I have a great deal of pain due to L5-S1 disc hernia. How to get over it?
Query: Hello doctor,I suffer from an L5-S1 disc hernia, with pressure on the S1 root. I also have a partial tear in the right hip labrum. My surgeon is not sure which one is the cause of leg pain which starts at the low back and ends at the back of my feet. I suffer from a great deal of pain and would real...  Read Full »
Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. Disc herniation causes considerable pain that needs step-wise management. I suggest: Physiotherapy consultation. Vitamin B12 ampoule IM every three days. Hot water bag massage three times per day. Deep heat cream three times a day. ...  Read Full »

What would be the treatment for disc slip?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with L5-S1 16 mm disc slip. I have tried Hydrocortisone injection eight days ago which has done nothing. I have been passed between GP and orthopedic surgeon and now I have to try physio. I have lower back pain that radiates to both legs and also have a lot of leg...  Read Full »
Dr. Chandan Mohanty
Neuro Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear this. It seems that the disc herniation in your back is responsible for your back and leg pain due to compression of the nerves in your lumbar spine (lower back). If the pain is not responding to treatment then you may be a candidate for surgery. Dependin...  Read Full »

What could be causing low back pain for the past one month?
Query: Hello doctor,I am facing low back pain from the last one month. I have attached my MRI report.  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your MRI report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) indicates a disc herniation in the lower vertebral column. This could be the cause of your back pain. Coming to this point, I recommend taking Ibuprofen 400 mg three times daily and a muscle relaxant (F...  Read Full »

My husband suddenly started having lower back pain. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, My husband is a healthy 38 year old, who does not smoke and drink. He has worked hard since he was 11 years old, and he held his current job for five years now, which includes laying carpet and floors of all kinds. He has never had any issue with his body in his entire life up until last ...  Read Full »
Dr. Maan Singh Dhanjal Dc
Chiropractor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It sounds like a classic case of sciatica or perhaps aggravated lumbar disc herniation. Your husband will require an MRI of the lower back to confirm the diagnosis. If true, then you should visit a chiropractor to start conservative care. Low back pain can be helped d...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for lower spine injury?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. My height is 176 cm and weight is 77 kg. I have pain in my right buttock for the past seven days. I tried to push the bed with leg and this caused some injury in the lower spine. Please refer to MRI report that I have attached. My MRI opinion is as follows. MRI l...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you are suffering from disc herniation at multiple levels with degenerative disease of spine with L4, L5 and S1 nerve compression due to injury and thus cause your pain. The loss of lumbar lordosis...  Read Full »

Why does my pain radiate from back to thigh?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old woman. I am suffering from a radiating pain that spreads from back to the lower half of the body. I have this issue since a year. It aggravates when I ride bike. Occasionally, the pain may also radiate upward. If I keep hard item then I get some relief. I am takin...  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptom profile with long duration of pain unsettled after muscle relaxant points towards disc herniation as a probable etiology. You need to visit an orthopedic surgeon for neurological examination to look for signs of neurological impairment and get an MRI sc...  Read Full »

Kindly explain MRI taken for back pain and numbness in hands.
Query: Hello doctor, What does my MRI results mean? Severe mid-back and lumbar back pain, numbness in hands, muscle cramps in legs, constant pain.  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your MRI images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain that these images indicate just chronic degeneration of the vertebral column. There is no disc herniation or compression of spinal cord. Coming to this point, I would ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Disc Herniation? We have medical experts to help you right away.