Double Marker

Related Terms: Amniocentesis, Trisomy 21, Nt Scan, Down's Syndrome, Karyotyping, Markers Of Down's Syndrome, Pregnancy

Does my double marker test result show chances of complications?
Query: Hi doctor, I want to know about the double marker test results. I am uploading the reports.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understand your concern. The result is in the high-risk zone, and the next test would be a quadruple test done after two weeks to check for risk of aneuploidies. For more information consult a...  Read Full »

Please look into my NT and double marker test reports and assess my risks.
Query: Hello doctor, I was recommended for NIPT, early TIFA scan and then amniocentesis if needed. Here are my NT and double marker reports. Kindly interpret the real risk level for me and what should be the next step ahead if there is any concern. My blood sample for the double marker was collected at eig...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepali Raina

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the risk is relatively high for you. But, it does not mean that the baby has Down's syndrome. Amniocentesis is the next step for your for confirmation. If money is a concern, you can wait for another f...  Read Full »

Do my wife's NT scan and double marker test results show a high risk for Down's syndrome?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife had NT scan and double marker test at 12 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. The report is as follows, CRL is 59.2 mm, NT is 1.45 mm, free beta-hCG is 84.84 IU/L, equivalent to 2.217 MoM and PAPP-A 0.712 IU/L equivalent to 0.282 MoM. Trisomy 21 is 1: 450 1:47 and trisomy 18 is 1: 5315...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepti Verma
Fetal Medicine Specialist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your question and understand the concerns.The report is showing a high risk for trisomy 21 or Down's syndrome. This first-trimester screening is 95 % sensitive, hence, if the risk is positive, then the amniocentesis should be done to confirm the fetal karyotyp...  Read Full »

NT scan and double marker blood test
Query: Hi doctor, I am 12 weeks 5 days pregnant. I got my NT scan and double marker blood test results. NT value 1.1 mm, free b-hCG 1.52 MOM, PAPP-A 0.37 MOM, trisomy 21+NT risk 1:1132, trisomy 21 1:169, trisomy 13/18+NT. In urine culture, there is no significant growth observed after 48 hours. I am curre...  Read Full »
Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the report completely (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your report is normal and there is no need to worry. If you want a detailed explanation about the report, then here you go. There are some genetic syndromes, which are happening worl...  Read Full »

I am 13 weeks pregnant and got a double marker test. Is there any complication?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 13 weeks pregnant. I got a double marker test:hCG free beta-62.50ng/mL.PAPP-A - 7.17mlU/mLTrisomy 21-1:250Trisomy 18/13 -1:100NT-1.00 mmNT MoM's -0.63MoMCRL -61.8mm Is there any complication?  Read Full »
Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attached dual screen report and it shows low risk for all the chromosomal abnormality which is absolutely normal. It should be kept in mind that this is a screening test which calculates the risk of carrying a baby with chromosomal abnormali...  Read Full »

Can you go through my NT scan and double marker reports and tell me if I am risk?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old female. I am 12 weeks pregnant. I have received my NT scan and double marker reports. Below are the details: NT 0.70 mm, trisomy 21 and NT 1:675, trisomy 13/18.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Let me start by saying that you and your baby are absolutely fine. First of all, 31 years is not at all a risk factor. Only after 35 years, the risk of these genetic problems increases a lot, much more after 40 years. These factors are calculated usi...  Read Full »

After NT scan, now the doctor has advised double marker test. Is there a high risk?
Query: Hello doctor,My wife is 28 years old and is in her 13th week of pregnancy. We had an NT test a couple of days back. The NT was 1.7mm. Trisomy 21 had an adjusted scale of 1:3428. Our doctor has advised us to go for a double marker test. The results will be out in two to three days. Is a risk of 1 in ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The NT (nuchal translucency) test and double marker are dependent on each other. A risk of 1 in 3428 is not considered high. You have been asked to go for a blood test so as to conclude the results, as only NT test is not sufficient. For the double marker, NT measureme...  Read Full »

What is the risk of Down's in my wife's double marker report?
Query: Hi Doctor, This is the report of Double Marker test of my wife: Corrected MoM and calculated risks: fb-hCG 165 ng/ml 3.82 Corr. MoM PAPP-A 1.84 mlU/ml o.45 Corr. MoM Ultrasound data: Nuchal translucency 1.00 mm CRL 60 mm 0.64 MoM Gestational age by CRL 12+ 2 Nasal bone present Gesta...  Read Full »
Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To explain you the report in plain language, first of all, let me tell you that the dual marker test is just a screening test for Down's syndrome and other chromosomal anomalies like trisomy 13/18. So, the test involves calculation of the risk of carrying a Down's sy...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about my NT scan and double marker test?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 12 weeks 3 days pregnant. I got my NT scan and double marker blood test results. NT value 1.7 mm at CRL of 52.6 mm, free beta hCG 1.29 MOM, PAPP-A 0.37 MOM, trisomy 21+NT risk 1:513, trisomy 21 1:214 and trisomy 13/18+NT. What is your opinion?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The NT value (nuchal translucency) is normal as it is less than 2.5 mm, but the overall trisomy 21 risks being 1:214 and together risk 1:513. This ideally calls for a quadruple test after one week. If the cut-off bar in the graph is over the cut-off line, then it calls...  Read Full »

What is the risk of trisomy 21 from my NT scan and double marker test?
Query: Hi doctor, I had an NT scan and a double marker test at 12 weeks and five days of pregnancy. The report is as follows. Maternal serum screen 2: Dual test. (CLIA) HCG, Free Beta 69.00 ng/mL equivalent to 1.81 Corr.MOM's PAPP-A 1.40 mIU/mL equivalent to 0.36 Corr.MOM's Disorder screen posit...  Read Full »
Dr. Deepti Verma
Fetal Medicine Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and understand the concerns. I have reviewed the report. It shows an increased risk in the first-trimester screening. You should go for amniocentesis at 16 weeks gestation to rule out any chromosomal anomalies in the fetus. Hope y...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Double Marker? We have medical experts to help you right away.