Dryness Of Vagina

Related Terms: Topical Estrogen, Vaginal Infection, Fluconazole, Pain During Sex, Vaginal Wash, Antibiotics, Clotrimazole

Can taking multiple antibiotics cause redness and dryness of vagina?
Query: Hello doctor, Ever since being on multiple antibiotics for a persistent UTI a year ago, I have had vaginal problems. It was first a bout of yeast infections and then BV. I have tried many pills, external and internal creams, home remedies, and diet changes, but still, I have redness and dryness exte...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Sorry to hear what you have been through. I feel you are having an imbalance in the normal and abnormal organism growth. For a normal vagina, you need both normal and abnormal organisms. When you take too many antibiotics one after other, it kills most...  Read Full »

Can you suggest few measures to increase the size of my vaginal opening?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I got married before two years. I still have pain while having sex. My husband says vaginal opening is too small hence it is painful for him too. We are badly in need of a baby now. Please suggest some measures to increase the size of my vaginal opening. Thank you.  Read Full »
Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually small vaginal opening happens due to dryness of vagina or if you are not fully excited. So, vagina is not dilated and there will be less mucus secretion, which will ultimately cause painful sex (dyspareunia). Follow the following few things regularly, which wi...  Read Full »

Why is there bleeding after sex?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I have bleeding after sex for a few years. It does not happen every time. I consulted a doctor, and I got tested for STI. The results came negative. The doctor did a physical examination and told me that everything is fine. I also had constipation for a week. Please su...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Having bleeding after sex is not normal. The reasons are multiple. It can be due to STD (sexually transmitted diseases), PID (pelvic inflammatory disease), cyst near the vaginal opening...  Read Full »

Unable to penetrate during sex. What can be done?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old male. My height is 5'10" and I weigh 82 kg. I got married two years back. We both are working professionals and love each other a lot. Since our marriage, we are trying to have intercourse but unable to. We are wanting to have a baby now, but are really worried abou...  Read Full »
Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have explained, you never achieved intercourse? You both have fear about sex and you have fear for rolling of your foreskin and she also feels pain and uncomfortable. You both need therapy. You want to plan a baby but first, you achieve a successful intercours...  Read Full »

How to resolve vaginal itching and dryness?
Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from itchy and dry vagina for the past six months. It has been on and off. Because of that I do not feel good and always in a frustrated mood. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be due to fungal infections or any type of infection inside the vagina. This also can occur if you are on birth control pills as well as if nearing menopause. Keeping these in mind, first do a vaginal swab test. Then, I suggest applying candid vaginal c...  Read Full »

What to do for recurrent UTI?
Query: Hi doctor, I am in menopause and have had bad issues with my hormones and my bladder. I am 51 years old. Is this something you can help?  Read Full »
Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, definitely, I can help you. Kindly elaborate and let me know your problems. Revert back with a detailed history to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist  Read Full »

Kindly advise regarding estradiol levels in a healthy woman.
Query: Hi doctor, My wife has a normal regular menstrual cycle and her age is 35. I am attaching the estradiol (E2) hormone report of my wife. The blood serum sample was taken on the 23rd day of her menstrual cycle. The estradiol (E2) level is 179.48 pg/mL. We have been married since 3 years and have a 2...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two major types of estrogen, the female sex hormone. They are estradiol and estrone. In younger woman, the first one is in abundant quantity and the second one is in less. And near menopause, the level just reverses. It means there is more production of es...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for vaginal pain during periods?
Query: Hi doctor, What could be the reason for vaginal pain during periods? It happens for a few minutes when the periods start and sometimes on and off on the second and third day. It is happening for many years. My periods are regular. My sonography is normal. I experience a lot of vaginal dryness and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Aparna M Sathawane

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your sonography report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is normal although it has a different name over it and not a recent one. Pain during menses is common, and it is called as dysmenorrhea. It is due to uterine contraction to expel blood ou...  Read Full »

Can PCOS cause vaginal dryness?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I have history of PCOS and hypothyroid from last year. I also have a history of swollen pituitary gland, but it is normal now. I am only taking a 100 mcg pill for thyroid. My problem is that whenever I indulge in sex with my boyfriend, we are able to have int...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Although there are multiple reasons for vaginal dryness, the most common among them is deficiency of estrogen, a female hormone. This is possible in your case due to presence of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) which alters the hormonal profile. I will recommend two th...  Read Full »

I have irregular periods and vaginal dryness. Can IUD be the cause?
Query: Hello doctor, I have irregular periods and vaginal dryness. I also have premenstrual spotting, followed by three days of profuse bleeding. I got an IUCD placed ten years back. I use Minoxidil 5 % for topical application, since three months, but I stopped it 15 days back. I have a history of vitamin ...  Read Full »
Dr. Bindiya Thakkar
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need more details to understand what is going on. Can you explain the irregular periods, are they coming late? What kind of IUD (intrauterine device) do you have, copper or hormonal? Do you have any hirsutism or acne? Do you have any history of infertility? D...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Dryness Of Vagina? We have medical experts to help you right away.