Duloxetine

Related Terms: Fluoxetine, Ssri, Anxiety, Dapoxetine, Depression, Ocd, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Is Cymbalta good for depersonalization?
Query: Hi doctor,Is Cymbalta good for depersonalization? I want some tips to overcome this. Also, how to get rid of apathy?  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I do not think Cymbalta (Duloxetine) have great potential in the treatment of depersonalization. In my experience, I found SSRI group (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) of medications are much superior in...  Read Full »

Can having Cymbalta lead to no sexual drive in a patient with fibromyalgia?
Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend has fibromyalgia and is currently on Cymbalta and a muscle relaxant. She said she has no desire for sex but it seems she is having sexual dreams. She does not know that she is doing it but it does not make sense to me. When she was on Tramadol, everything was fine unless she...  Read Full »
Dr. Divya Agarwal
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is possible that she has no desire or she may be fatigued by the fibromyalgia. Drugs like Cymbalta (Duloxetine) act on neurotransmitters and there is a possibility that they affect a person's emotions and desires. Generally, once the drug goes on for some time, the...  Read Full »

My fingers are forming knobs and hurt. Why is it so?
Query: Hello doctor, I have seen a rheumatologist and all my tests on autoimmune diseases are normal. He even ordered hand X-rays and they are normal. My fingers are forming knobs on them and hurt constantly. My movement is getting more and more limited. I can barely bend my affected fingers. I feel sick...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the markers for inflammatory arthritis are negative, then, the possibility of chronic fatigue syndrome is there. I suggest you to start Pregabalin or Duloxetine to see the response which will be helpful in chronic fatigue syndrome. Consult with your specialist doc...  Read Full »

Can I take Phentermine along with Cymbalta?
Query: Hi doctor, I take Cymbalta 60 mg for depression and Trazodone 100 mg for sleep. Can I take Phentermine for weight loss without problems of serotonin syndrome?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Phentermine is a short-term (few weeks) adjunctive used as a part of a weight reduction regimen for patients with initial body mass index (BMI) more than or equal to 30 kg/m². Cymbalta - Duloxetine has serious interaction with Phentermine. Both if taken toge...  Read Full »

Can diabetes make my hands itchy and numb?
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from anxiety and depression from past few years. I took various antidepressants. Now I am taking Vilazodone, one tablet in the morning and Lonazep 0.25 mg from last ten days. But I am having breathlessness and palpitations when I do any small physical activity and irrit...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to know that despite the best efforts you are not responding with current antidepressants and there are active symptoms. I suggest the following treatment given a diagnosis of diabetes with depression. Tablet Duloxetine (Duzela M) 30 mg in the morning and 30...  Read Full »

I am getting tremors more often. Is that a side effect of Abilify and Cymbalta?
Query: Hi doctor, I have schizoaffective disorder. I take Abilify and Cymbalta. But most of the time my hands shake badly. Do you think it could be due to Abilify and Cymbalta or it could be more related to my disease? Does Abilify cause tremors as a side effect?  Read Full »
Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long have you had these tremors? Is it present all the time? Did you develop these tremors only after starting medication or did you have some form of shaking even before medication? Both Abilify (Aripiprazole) and Cymbalta (Duloxetine) are known to be associate...  Read Full »

I was suggested surgery for cervical spondylosis. Should I go for it?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53 year old female. I am cervical spondylosis patient. After MRI report, the doctor suggested an operation. Should I go with the operation or not? MRI report: Spine with the screening of the whole spine: Cervical spine was studied with 3 mm thin slices in the axial and sagitt...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is persistent numbness in the hands in cervical radiculopathy, then surgery is indicated. As you have mentioned that you have significant numbness, and your MRI reports also suggest the same, you should consider getting a surgery done. Till then you can be ...  Read Full »

My vitamin B12 is significantly above 900. What does it mean?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 year old. I am taking tablet Cymbalta 60 mg and tablet Citalopram 10 mg daily for depression and anxiety. Recently, I got a blood test for vitamin B12 and the results turned out to be pretty high at 1344 pg/mL. I am aware that the normal range of vitamin B12 is 200-900 pg/mL. My...  Read Full »
Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query my opinion is as follows. Increased vitamin B12 is worrisome. It is a water-soluble vitamin. It never increase unless there is some amount of hepatic damage or certain cancers. I strongly urge you to get a liver function test. Both Cymbalta (Duloxet...  Read Full »

What is the right dose of Pregabalin in fibromyalgia?
Query: Hello doctor, My sister takes 225 mg Pregabalin for fibromyalgia at 7 PM, but it is not giving any relief from pain. She has severe back pain. We tried another 150 mg at 10 PM and the pain reduced fairly. What is the right dose and at what time it should be given? I am attaching her medicine list fo...  Read Full »
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, if that much dose is not effective in fibromyalgia you ought to change it. I understand she is on Quetiapine and also on Effexor (Venlafaxine). I understand that they started it for depression or bipolar disorder. Well, the other drugs you can consider...  Read Full »

I am concerned about serotonin syndrome. Please advise.
Query: Hi doctor, I am under treatment for OCD and anxiety symptoms. I have had very hard months with extreme anxiety, panic attacks and depersonalization. Now, I am on Duloxetine 60 mg (will stop in the next 7 weeks), Paroxetine 20 mg (will be reduced in the following weeks), Clomipramine hydrochloride...  Read Full »
Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is always a possibility of serotonin syndrome when two or more serotonergic antidepressants are being used. However, Clomipramine and an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) like Paroxetine are frequently used together in resistant OCD (obsessive-compulsive...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Duloxetine? We have medical experts to help you right away.