Ear Fungus

Related Terms: Ear Wax, Ear Pain, Otomycosis, Ear Blockage, Ear Infection, Fungal Infection In Ear, Mri Of Brain

Otomycosis/ Ear Fungus
Article Overview: Fungal infection of the ear called Otomycosis is a common condition that affecting the ear  Read Article »
Dr. Vaishali Mehta

Ear Fungus Ear fungus is caused by the fungus Aspergillus/ Candida. This condition is called Otomycosis. More commonly it is seen in tropical countries and hot and humid environment. The person with ear fungus will commonly present with a Ear Blockage, Ear Pain, Itching of the Ear and a Watery ear ...  Read Article »

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome in icliniq.com.I would like to tell you that fungal infection in ear is quite common and it may be treated by: Cleaning the ear: Cleaning may be done by suction or syringing or by cotton swab. Antifungal ear drops to be used three or four times a day. Anti-inflammatory medicine to reliev...  Read Full »

Is it safe to remove ear wax with earbuds?
Query: Hello doctor, I frequently use earbuds due to itching in my ears since many years. People say it is not good to use earbuds. Please suggest me what should I do when I suffer from itching inside the ear. How do I remove ear wax? I also have a problem in my throat like throat dryness and irritation i...  Read Full »
Dr. Jagdish Chaturvedi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The itching in your ear is very suggestive of a fungal infection in the ear canal. This is very common and the main symptom is itching. Impacted ear wax can also create itching along with a fungal infection. Since you use earbuds, you may have impacted wax too. So, I ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for tinnitus in my ear?
Query: Hello doctor, Recently, my ENT doctor suctioned a lot of fungus from my right ear and it fixed the problem. However, high pitched ear ringing continues to be a problem without any pain. It is more of a pulsating feeling and that synchronizes with my heart rate when I am in the prone position. My h...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from otomycosis also known as swimmer's ear. It is the fungal infection of the external ear. The symptoms include itching, ear discharge, ear pain, ear fullness, temporary hearing loss and tinnitus. Although most individuals will get immediate r...  Read Full »

Ear Pain - Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
Article Overview: Ear pain varies from mild ache to extremely severe pain that may disturb the normal day-to-day activities. Read this article to know the cause behind your pain.  Read Article »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Pain in the ear is one of the most common complaints. It is present in infectious, allergic and malignant diseases of the ear and related structures. Causes of Ear Pain: Few important diseases that cause ear pain are: Acute Perichondritis (swelling, redness and pain) of pinna of ear. Otomycosi ...  Read Article »

Say 'NO' to Earbuds
Article Overview: Earbuds are made up of tightly rolled cotton. If you have a practice of cleaning your ears often with cotton buds, you must read this. This habit interferes with the normal self-cleaning mechanisms of the external ear canal. Cleaning induces wax formation, and the wax needs to be cleaned as the build-up interferes with hearing. And, this becomes a vicious cycle. The ear loses its capacity to self-clean.  Read Article »
Dr. Deepthi Maringanti

The skin of the ear canal is very thin, outer layers of which, are regularly shed just like skin elsewhere. This is done by slender hair-like structures called cilia present on the surface of the external ear canal. Usually, ear canals produce a clear fluid called earwax, which is washed out of ...  Read Article »

Why do I have ear pain and black deposits coming from the ear?
Query: Hello doctor, I am facing ear pain since yesterday. My right ear alone is paining. When I tried cleaning with a earbud, the bud came out with a black colored deposit. What do I do?  Read Full »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After considering the facts of your query, it appears like you are suffering from either of these. Wax in the ear. Otomycosis (fungal infection of the ear). Treatment is different in both the above situations. I suggest taking Paracetamol 500 mg for pain relief....  Read Full »

Ear block and discharge remain even after antibiotic. Kindly provide suggestions.
Query: Hello doctor,I have got an ear itching five days before and went to a doctor. The doctor has told me that my ear got affected with fungus and prescribed Otinex ear drops. I continued that for three days. Initially, I got pain and liquid discharge from ears. Now, pain has gone but slight liquid disch...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did your doctor look into the ear using an otoscope or endoscope? If so, and then he diagnosed as fungus then it is fine. In that case, continue the drops for a week and wait. Do not let water enter the ear while taking bath or swimming. In my set up, I give Ciplox (...  Read Full »

There is otomycosis reinfection after surgical ear cleaning and tympanoplasty. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from Aspergillus otomycosis. She has had tympanoplasty surgery. She then had a surgical ear cleaning, removing the infected skin in her middle ear. This initially worked to remove the fungus, but now her ear seems to be infected again. I am not sure if it is a fungus...  Read Full »
Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In one of the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) sporangia seem to be there, but in the rest of the pictures, it is just wax. However, it is not likely to require debridement. It should go with the medications she is using.  Read Full »

Are ear infection and constant ear pain indicative of any eardrum problem?
Query: Hello doctor, The patient had three tympanoplasty surgeries in the past, the most recent being a decade ago. She has 10 % hearing in one ear where surgery was performed. Recently, the patient developed an ear infection. Black and white fungus detected in the air. ENT used a micro-suction device to ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need some details. Are the CT scan films those are attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) taken after the development of the latest problem or are those taken during the tympanometry surgery in the perioperative period? Do you have the details of...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Ear Fungus? We have medical experts to help you right away.