Ear Infection

Related Terms: Ear Pain, Sinusitis, Tinnitus, Middle Ear Infection, Eustachian Tube Blockage, Steam Inhalation, Ear Blockage

Are ear infection and constant ear pain indicative of any eardrum problem?
Query: Hello doctor, The patient had three tympanoplasty surgeries in the past, the most recent being a decade ago. She has 10 % hearing in one ear where surgery was performed. Recently, the patient developed an ear infection. Black and white fungus detected in the air. ENT used a micro-suction device to ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need some details. Are the CT scan films those are attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) taken after the development of the latest problem or are those taken during the tympanometry surgery in the perioperative period? Do you have the details of...  Read Full »

I got ear infection after over masturbation. Will it get cured?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I have tinnitus for the last two weeks. I am taking tablets, but there is no improvement. I do not know the cause. The doctor, whom I visited, said that my nose hole is rooted in such a way that my ear gets infection like that. Also, my ear has pus inside. I think...  Read Full »
Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Here, I would like to say that masturbation is not related to your ear problem. Probably, you are having otorrhea (ear discharge) with hearing loss and tinnitus. You are advised to take ear drop containing antibiotic, antifungal and steroids alo...  Read Full »

Can mold exposure cause an ear infection?
Query: Hello doctor, Last year, I noticed that my 3 year old's tonsils were very large. I contacted his doctor. But, he could not find anything wrong. I later noticed him yelling or talking loudly and asking me to repeat a lot. So, I had a hearing test done and he failed. They explained that he had a flui...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your kid has a serous otitis media. The mild conductive hearing loss is due to this. In kids the most common cause is adenotonsillitis. My advice is to get a nasopharynx lateral view X-ray done for adenoids and send me the pictures. Give him an oral decongestant syrup ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for ringing in ear post ear infection?
Query: Hello doctor, I had an ear infection but my ear infection has gone now but very low pitched ringing in my right ear is not stopping.  Read Full »
Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptom you are experiencing is called tinnitus. Tinnitus is not always due to a sinister cause. Simple conditions of the ear like wax or ear infections both of external ear canal and middle ear can cause it. First and foremost you must know that tinnitus may be ...  Read Full »

A sinus infection turned into two ear infections. Should I be worried?
Query: Hi doctor,About a week ago, I got a sinus infection which turned into two ear infections. I have now been on Z-pak as well as Flonase and steroids for four days. My left ear feels substantially better. My right ear, however, is still a little plugged, and now I am experiencing pressure in my temple ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How do you feel now? Are you better? Did the pressure in the temple and area around the right jaw resolve? The reason for those two is the block of the eustachian tube on that particular side. This is the tube that equates pressure on either side of the eardrum by c...  Read Full »

Should I be concerned about my ear infection and perforated eardrum?
Query: Hi doctor, I was recently diagnosed with ear infection and a perforated eardrum. Initially, I was diagnosed with a viral respiratory infection and followed by ear infection in a two days. I have been taking antibiotics for three days now. I have a lot of fluid continuing to seep from my ear. How lon...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears with your history that you are suffering from an upper respiratory tract infection that has complicated into an ear infection. Usually, once the antibiotic course starts, the problem should resolve within three to four days and completely by five to sev...  Read Full »

How long will it take for a middle ear infection to get cured?
Query: Hi doctor, My 3 years and 8 month old kid has a middle ear infection from the past ten days. The doctor prescribed an antibiotic, but it is not cured. How long can I wait for it to get cured?  Read Full »
Dr. Fazil Shajahan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the reports you have uploaded (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that your child has an acute middle ear infection which is very common in kids until the age of six years. It usually happens following a cold or upper respiratory tract infec...  Read Full »

Is surgery the only option for my son's ear infection?
Query: Hello doctor, My son has an ear infection since last year. The doctors said there is water in the middle ear, and because of that, he is not able to listen to low pitch voices, like if someone speaks slowly with him. I have reports and all medicines that he has used so far, and I am attaching it wi...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Please answer the following questions:Does the child have ear discharge?Is the infection in one or both ears?Is there any history of frequent nasal or throat infection?Follow-up with the required information, so that I can suggest you better.Revert with more information...  Read Full »

Infection in left ear follwed by pain in right ear.
Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 5 years old. Last month, we noticed that she had pain in her right ear and the thing continued for three to four days. On 5th, we noticed lots of wax in her right ear. It seemed to be pus. So, we took her to an ear specialist. After diagnosis, the doctor told us that he...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ear infections in children are very common. Children have a straight and wide eustachian tube that helps throat microbes to reach the ear easily and cause infection. So whenever she has a chest infection or throat pain or cold or flu, there are chances that her ears ...  Read Full »

Why do I have impaired balance when I shake my head?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51 year old male. I have never had any medical condition prior. I spent a very cold day outside and woke up the next day with a feel of dizzy (like I am drunk), queasy and tired. There is no pain, cough or discharge. When I move my head from side to side my balance gets impaired...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem seems to be due to inner ear infection leading to impairment of balance on head movements and ringing sensation in ear known as tinnitus. You need ear examination and complete vestibular functions assessment and evaluation by an ENT (ear, nose and throat...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Ear Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away.