Ear Wax

Related Terms: Ear Infection, Tinnitus, Removal Of Ear Wax, Ear Pain, Ear Blockage, Ear Wax Drops, Ear Fungus

Ear Wax Blockage: Symptoms and Treatment
Article Overview: Ear wax is a very common cause of impaired hearing. It is commonly treated with a procedure called syringing.  Read Article »
Dr. Vaishali Mehta

Ear wax is a common problem seen in many people. Ear wax is a secretion of the glands present in your ear. Normally, only small amounts of wax are formed which gets expelled with the movements of the jaw. Some people form more wax which gets collected in the ear and causes problems. Who Tends to Fo ...  Read Article »

Other than earwax, what can cause clogged ear?
Query: Hello doctor, I had cold a few days ago. During that time, my ear was clogged. I originally thought that it was earwax, but I tried everything for earwax and it did not help. It has been a few days now and I am trying to find out what might be wrong. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. During an upper respiratory tract infection, like cold, the infection can rise up to ears through the eustachian tube that connects back of nose to middle ear. That is what has happened to you during the cold. It is called eustachian tube catarrh. You need a course of ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to remove ear wax with earbuds?
Query: Hello doctor, I frequently use earbuds due to itching in my ears since many years. People say it is not good to use earbuds. Please suggest me what should I do when I suffer from itching inside the ear. How do I remove ear wax? I also have a problem in my throat like throat dryness and irritation i...  Read Full »
Dr. Jagdish Chaturvedi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The itching in your ear is very suggestive of a fungal infection in the ear canal. This is very common and the main symptom is itching. Impacted ear wax can also create itching along with a fungal infection. Since you use earbuds, you may have impacted wax too. So, I ...  Read Full »

I have ear pain after removing ear wax. Is it serious?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from ear pain for the last two days and it has become really serious now. The entire right side of my face has gone numb and I am not able to hear properly in my right ear. I can listen to some hissing sound. I remember cleaning my ear with my fingers and tried to...  Read Full »
Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms and history of ear cleaning, it is suggestive of otitis externa with ear wax. Do not worry too much. It is a soft tissue infection of your ear canal most probably due to finger nail trauma. You need to take some medication and precautions and it ...  Read Full »

Here Is What You Need to Know About Earwax
Article Overview: Wax is a natural secretion of the ceruminous and sebaceous glands found in the ear canal. It protects the eardrum from infections, trauma, and water. Though wax is not a problem, excess wax is. Professional help must always be taken for wax cleaning.  Read Article »
Dr. Kumar Ashutosh

Earwax is a natural secretion and has antibacterial and lubricant properties. It also protects the eardrum from infections, trauma, and water. Some people produce soft wax, while others produce hard wax. This is genetically determined. Normally, earwax occurs as fine flakes which fall off durin ...  Read Article »

Can I go for a haircut after having had removal of ear wax?
Query: Hello doctor, I believe I produce excessive ear wax in my ears due to the fact that I constantly have to go to an ENT to get them cleaned out. Today I had them cleaned out by my ENT but tomorrow I want to get a haircut. I have short hair so when I go to the barber the little hairs always fall and g...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In short, you can go for wax removal today. You may also go for a haircut tomorrow. But, before the haircut just insert a thick plug of cotton into each ear. After the haircut and shampooing, you may remove the plug. That way you will prevent hair from going inside ...  Read Full »

My right ear is slightly blocked. Please suggest a remedy.
Query: Hello doctor, Two days back, I had a severe pain in my right ear. One fine evening, the pain went severe starting from the head till the chin. I had visited an ENT doctor who removed a lot of earwax through EUM suction procedure. Since then, I got relief from the pain. But, I feel my right ear is s...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have been having an ear block even after the removal of earwax, then probably there is some eustachian tube catarrh. Such a catarrh is likely after an episode of cold. The tube connects the ear to the upper part of the throat. The tube drains whatever fluid is p...  Read Full »

Do not Use Earbuds to Remove Wax!!
Article Overview: This article stresses upon the fact that earbuds should not be used to remove wax. It also discusses the best way to remove ear wax.  Read Article »
Dr. Jagdish Chaturvedi

Yes, it is true that the use of earbuds is not recommended for removal of ear wax. Why is it Unsafe to use Earbuds?  The reason is very simple. Ear wax is produced by glands present in the outer part of the ear canal which is close to the ear pinna (outer part of the ear). The skin in ...  Read Article »

Do I need to visit a doctor for ear block issue?
Query: Hi doctor,I just tried an ear wax cleaner and it just completely blocked my ears. I am having an ear block issue even after swimming. Is there anything I can do at home? Or do I need to visit a doctor?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The wax has absorbed the cleaning fluid and got swollen blocking the ear canal. It is common. The block is transient and you keep putting the drops as advised by the ENT doctor. Usually we put drops for 4 to 5 times daily for five to six days and then go back ...  Read Full »

What can cause ear blockage?
Query: Hi doctor, My right ear has been blocked a few days ago. Whenever I tried to laugh, smile or wink, the jaw line muscles went up and it pushes to block the right ear hearing. Doctor told me that it is partially ear wax blockage. But, I do not think so. I did try to put olive oil. And also I did not s...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the details you have given in your query it seems to me that it is indeed wax only. As it pushes against the eardrum and further increases the block when you smile, laugh or wink, it is more likely impacted wax than anything else. However, one can be...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Ear Wax? We have medical experts to help you right away.