Eating Habits In Children

Related Terms: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Balanced Diet, Brushing Habit, Complete Blood Count, Deworming, Food For Baby, Foods To Avoid

Top Five Brain Storming Foods for Children
Article Overview: Good nutrition is very important, especially when it comes to improving the intellectual capacity of your kid. Foods which are rich in omega three fatty acids can help increase the nervous stimulation activity of your child and improve memory and retaining power which is especially needed by children to cope with academics.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Paediatrician

Following are some of the top five brain foods for children. Nuts And Seeds Nuts are a rich source of vitamin E and thiamine which are known to boost memory power in children and prevent cognitive decline. Include a variety of nuts in your kid’s diet like almonds, dates, walnuts, and pista ...  Read Article »

Eating Disorders in Children and Teens
Article Overview: Eating disorders have become very prevalent in children and teens and it is now a topic of concern for many parents due to a variety of reasons. One of the most common reasons for following faulty eating habits is due to the media. Teens want to look like their favorite actor or actress. According to various research studies, eating disorders are more prevalent in females than males.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Pedodontist

Following are some of the common eating disorders. Anorexia Nervosa In anorexia nervosa, the child or teen is underweight but still has a feeling that he/she is fat and might, therefore, starve themselves for an extended period. This is also accompanied with emotional problems like anxiety or depres ...  Read Article »

Will changing the eating habits cure receding jaw?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a young teenager who has a receding jaw and I am wondering if changing my eating habits might relocate my lower jaw. I used to have poor eating habits. I ate too fast and I did not chew much. My older brother's jaw is fine. Will changing my eating habits cure my jaw?  Read Full »
Dr. Muzaffer Hissain Parray
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. You need to check if you chew one side or use both sides equally. Second what you think is jaw receding, sometimes it is a malocclusion which is associated with jaw disorientation. If your lower jaw is lo...  Read Full »

When should my daughter get a flu vaccine?
Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 7 and a half months old and weighs around 8 kg. Overall, she is fine as per the latest check-up. After six months of breastfeed, she was started on solid foods as per the following schedule: 8 to 9 AM - cerelac wheat, 12 to 1 PM - rice, dhal, vegetable, 4 to 5 PM - fruit j...  Read Full »
Dr. Preeti Puranik
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If she does not take fruits, please do not force her. Try some dishes with other fruits like boiled and crushed apple, mashed musk melon, etc. The taste keeps changing. Hence, if she refuses anything you can retry again after two weeks. Wheat is to be given after complet...  Read Full »

Top 5 Immune Boosting Foods for Kids
Article Overview: Children these days are prone to various infections like common cold and cough, fever and diarrhea due to improper eating patterns and consuming junk foods. Little are they aware of the unhygienic conditions under which they are prepared. Awareness about consuming foods that will boost their immunity is very important to prevent them from various illnesses. Good immunity is very important as it protects your child from various diseases and infections.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Pedodontist

Good immunity can be developed by eating the following food groups. Fruits And Vegetables Blue, purple and green colored fruits and vegetables contain a pigment called antioxidants which protect your child from various infections by strengthening their immune system. Encourage your kid to consume a ...  Read Article »

How can I make my little child eat well?
Query: Hello doctor,My 2-year-old boy does not eat food and does not drink milk. I am very worried. Can you kindly suggest me right treatment to solve this problem?  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kids disliking food or milk is a very strange state. This usually it happens due to faulty weaning practices. I suggest the following: Check his weight. Is he losing weight? Weight loss needs to be evaluated with blood tests like haemoglobin. Worm infes...  Read Full »

How can I wean my little one from breastfeeding?
Query: Hello doctor, My son is 16 months old and weighs 9 kg. He is not eating anything and even not taking milk. He only wants mother's milk. Is it fine to give an appetizer? If so, how much quantity should I have to feed him?  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child who is not taking anything or eating anything is a matter of concern. He will require evaluation with blood tests like CBC (complete blood count) and urine routine microscopy. You can continue breastfeeding. You need to try adding one taste at a time ma...  Read Full »

What types of foods can be given to aid my little son eat properly?
Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old son weighs 14 kg and does not take his food properly. He has mild constipation. I would like to know what type of food does he need? Please suggest if he needs vitamin supplements.  Read Full »
Dr. Simy Mathew
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child is underweight by just 2 kg. You should try giving different food items and try new recipes. All kids are fussy eaters. We should put our maximum effort to make them eat. You can give multivitamin syrup like Visyneral Z Syrup (vitamin ...  Read Full »

Why Is Food Adulteration Harmful for Children?
Article Overview: Food adulteration is the process in which quality of food is lowered by either substituting a particular ingredient with another ingredient or addition of another substance. It may be done by the manufacturer, retailer or distributor for profit reasons.  Read Article »
Dr. Krystel Quadros
Wellness Medicine Specialist

Did you realize what effect food adulteration would have on children's health? Well, food adulteration affects a large arena of society, especially children and teens who, due to lack of awareness, consume adulterated foods like soft drinks with added artificial colors which may lead to various har ...  Read Article »

What foods can my 6-month-old baby eat?
Query: Hi doctor, My baby has turned 6 months today. For the last 20 days, I have been giving her ragi and half a banana. Now that she is 6 months old, what cereals, vegetables, and fruits can I give her? Can I give her rice? Can I give her ghee and curd?  Read Full »
Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, congratulations on your baby turning 6 months. You can now start her on complementary feeding. You have already started ragi, and that is good. You can give her rice and other cereals and pulses. You can start her on simple rice and keep on adding one ingredie...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Eating Habits In Children? We have medical experts to help you right away.