Eczema

Related Terms: Fungal Infection, Acne, Dry Skin, Atopic Dermatitis, Moisturizer, Hair Loss, Psoriasis

I have eczema only in my legs. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I am aware that I have eczema. But, everything I try does not work. I have been having severe eczema since I was 8. I am about to be 19 now. I have tried using unscented lotions, dermatology approved lotions, organic oils and even all of the ointments doctors prescribe me with. The only t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Being a dermatologist observes in day-to-day activity few diseases have bad impact on lifestyle, out of which eczema is one of them. But, with your descriptions it seems to be atopic dermatitis, which becomes better as age progress. In ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to use Corticosteroid cream on cheeks for eczema?
Query: Hi doctor, I have eczema. There is redness in my cheeks. I have used Corticosteroid cream for six days. Are there any side effects in using it?  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Corticosteroids should never be applied without a doctor's advise. Also, there are certain steroids which should never be applied on the face. If you could send me photos and details, I will be able to give you proper suggestions. Till then, do not use anything on your...  Read Full »

My baby is suffering from eczema. Please suggest some treatment.
Query: Hi doctor, My 5 months old baby has pretty bad eczema. Just recently, he had a bad flare-up in which he was weeping from both legs, arms, hands and cheeks. For 80% of the day he is suffering with rash and seems to have no relief at all. He scratches and cries continuously throughout the day and wak...  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is atopic dermatitis. It has many causes. Most common is due to allergy to various dietary protein or external stimuli. We need to elicit the history properly and need to do investigations to delineate the cause. First we will do basic investigation then we will p...  Read Full »

What should I do for eczema-like lesion on the face?
Query: Hello doctor, I just noticed that in my face near to mouth, I have something like eczema, but colorless. I checked on the net and it is like ringworm. I am very much worried. What should I do? I am currently on beta blockers. Last week when I had a blood test, my doctor advised me to take Iron suppl...  Read Full »
Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please put up some clear pictures of the affected area for proper evaluation and guidance. Thank you. Revert back with photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Could you give your opinion about my eczema on the fingertips?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old female who has developed dry fingertips. The skin flakes off to leave smooth raw skin that has pins and needles when touched. It started with the index finger of my left hand. I asked a pharmacist for an opinion, and he thought it was nerve damage and recommended steroi...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history and clinical images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that you are suffering from fingertip eczema. It could most commonly occur as a consequence of allergic contact dermatitis to soaps and detergents used for washing clothes a...  Read Full »

Can I use these ayurvedic medicines for eczema?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 45 years old, and I am suffering from severe eczema on both legs. I am using Manjishtadi Kashayam, Kaishore Guggulu, and Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. Are these medicines fine? Or else, suggest some other medicines. How long can I take these medicines? I have attached pictures of my...  Read Full »
Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and saw your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Eczema can be due to allergy or due to some irritant. It can be cured, but it takes some time. All these medicines are very good for eczema, but your problem is very sever...  Read Full »

Why has my 5-year-old been having eczema since she was 3 months old?
Query: Hello doctor,My 5 years old girl has been having eczema since she was 3 months old. She was scratchy all the time (at least every 3 to 4 hours). Even though we have applied moisturizers such as Aveeno, it was not helping her. When doctors prescribed topical steroids, we used it and she felt better. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sunil Kothiwala

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have put your query with nice description but I think you have uploaded wrong images. So, if possible share correct images. From your description, it seems atopic eczema. It is endogenous eczema which may have several aggravating factors. Predisposition may come ...  Read Full »

Please clarify if dry, cracked hand is a symptom of eczema.
Query: Hi doctor, I have had severely dry, cracked hands for the last six months. Sometimes, I sleep with Aquaphor and gloves on my hands. There have been two occasions where I have noticed one or two tiny bumps or blisters on the side of one of my fingers. It was on a different finger each time and is ...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be either eczema or palmar psoriasis. Please send images for further information. Revert back with photos to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Dermatitis - a Distressing Disease
Article Overview: This article discusses various phases of dermatitis (also known as eczema) with their causes and management.  Read Article »

Eczema is a group of skin conditions with different causes, but clinically similar presentation. These are defined as a pattern of skin inflammation having characteristic morphologies during its acute, subacute and chronic phases. Phases of Eczema Acute phase. Subacute phase. Chronic phase. ...  Read Article »

Please help me with my itchy scalp.
Query: Hi doctor, I have itchy scalp and have started losing hair. Can I get help on this?  Read Full »
Dr. Joydeep Singha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have probably seborrheic capitis (an eczema). I suggest Ketoconazole shampoo on alternate day. Keep in contact with scalp for 7 to 10 minutes in each application and continue it for three to six months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Eczema? We have medical experts to help you right away.