Eggs In Diet

Related Terms: Protein Rich Diet, Diet Plan, Diet And Lifestyle, Diet Chart, Exercises, Balanced Diet, Reduce Weight

Can a thyroid patient eat soybean and fenugreek?
Query: Hi doctor,I am a 23 year old unmarried female. I am suffering from thyroid disorder since three years. I am unable to gain weight. My weight is 42 since seven years. My TSH level is always normal, either 3 or 2 or 4. When I visited my doctor, he said the thyroid function is fine and no need to worr...  Read Full »
Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Patients with hypothyroidism usually gain weight. Your issue is weight loss which is seen in hyperthyroidism. As your thyroid TSH is in the normal range,  you can continue the same treatment. For gaining weight, you need to take food which is adequate that is, it should...  Read Full »

Can I take Practin and Decdan to gain weight?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old female. My height is 5 feet 3 inches and I weigh 41 kg. I need to put on weight. I have fast metabolism. Can I take Practin and Decdan tablets? It is suggested by one of my friend. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The tablets Practin (Cyproheptadine hydrochloride) and Decdan (Dexamethasone) would just add water retention in the body and not increase the muscle mass. So once you leave it, your body shall return back to low weight itself. So, Practin and Decdan are not recommende...  Read Full »

Can you please suggest changes to my son's food chart?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is 3 and a half years old and his weight is 14.5 kg. Since he started going to school recently, there is a change in his diet. He eats eggs from the age of one and he likes to eat non-vegetarian food. As my husband is on a paleo non-vegetarian diet, my son takes more meat now and I...  Read Full »
Dr. Preeti Puranik
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. His weight is fine for his age. The diet chart is quite alright, except for the following minor changes: He should be given a variety of fruits to improve the fiber content. Try to include at least one more glass of milk. It would be best to take it on days he does ...  Read Full »

Please tell me about the vegetarian paleo diet.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old female, and I weigh 88 kg and my height is 160 cm. I am a vegetarian but I eat eggs. I am planning to start paleo diet to reduce my weight and before starting the diet, I got a blood test done. I am attaching my reports. Please suggest a vegetarian diet chart. What ty...  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and according to it, you can go on a paleo diet. Which is good for your weight maintenance. But remember a vegetarian diet lacks some essential protein, which can only be supplied by non-vegetar...  Read Full »

How to increase sperm count at home?
Query: Hi doctor, Do eggs included in the diet increase the sperm count in men? If not, what medication should I take?  Read Full »
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Egg is a rich source of protein. Protein is required for healthy sperm formation. Hence, it contributes indirectly to sperm formation. Green leafy vegetables are also rich in protein and they aid in semen formation. Apart from these, you can take capsule Absolut 3G...  Read Full »

My hair loss is back after a trip to a tropical country. What can I do?
Query: Hello doctor, Three months after I had my second child, I suffered hair loss. It all grew back six to seven months postpartum. Then, I went on a trip about two and a half months ago to a tropical climate and when I got back I am getting the same type of hair loss again. I believe the name for it is ...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have hair fall. Now, there could be many reasons. Postpartum: one-year post delivery of a child and a possible lactation might cause nutritional deficiencies in a woman and also the n...  Read Full »

Why do I always feel lazy and have muscle pains?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 21 years old, who weighs 50 kg, and I am 5.10 feet tall. I feel lazy all the time. I always have a headache and pain in the muscles of the shoulder and neck. Sometimes, my joints also pain.  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your main problem is you are malnourished, and your (BMI) body mass index is low. Because of weak muscles, you are getting cervical pain and joint pains. I would suggest you try the following: Take a healthy protein-rich diet that is, possibly 4 to 6 eggs...  Read Full »

Shall I take supplements to reduce fat and build muscle?
Query: Hi doctor,I am a professional stunt rider. I like to build muscle and reduce belly fat. Currently I am taking whey protein, BCAA, creatine, and Hydroxycut fat burner. Are these type of supplements safe? Will they give any side effects? My height is 173 cm, and weight is 75.8 kg.  Read Full »
Dr. Sanchari Majumder
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you take supplement alone without doing any exercise, then it can cause the following problems. Digestive problem. May decrease liver function. May cause muscle damage. Sexual problem like decreased sex desire and premature ejaculation. Hormonal problem like anxiety, d...  Read Full »

I weigh only 37 kg and neither of the appetizers work for me. Why?
Query: Hello doctor, My age is 23. But, I weigh only 37 kg for 158 cm height. My parents consulted different medical practitioners, but nothing worked out. Appetizers did not work too. I do not have strong immunity. I get fever often. No one in my family is lean other than me. They all have normal weight. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For a height of 158 cm, your ideal weight should be between 56 to 60 kg. You can definitely gain weight. First of all, I would suggest you to rule out any chronic disease by carrying out complete blood count, chest x-ray, thyroid hormone profile, liver function tests and...  Read Full »

After working out, is it safe to have protein shake?
Query: Hi doctor, I started gym a few days ago. Can I take protein shake (whey protein) after my workout? Is it safe? I do not have any known food allergies. I have attached my anthropometry chart with BMI. I heard that protein will make the person unhealthy after stopping it. Is it true? Please suggest.  Read Full »
Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I must say that as per your height and weight your BMI (body mass index) is fine. Now you should start taking good quality foods enriched with protein. Once you are taking whey protein, it is like one-sided food. As you need more energy to do a workout, it...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Eggs In Diet? We have medical experts to help you right away.