Electrocautery

Related Terms: Hpv, Human Papilloma Virus, Radiofrequency Ablation, Genital Warts, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Warts, Cauterization

What can be done for painful vascular outgrowth on forehead?
Query: Hello doctor,I have a red vascular outgrowth on the left side of forehead for many years. It is causing pain and burning sensation. Please advice best creams to erase it totally.  Read Full »
Dr. V Srikanth Reddy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is pyogenic granuloma and it needs removal by radiofrequency or electrocautery procedure (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It cannot be eradicated by creams or lotions.  Read Full »

Please suggest a way to remove my warts.
Query: Hi doctor, I have a wart developing on the face. I want it to be removed. Please help. I am currently taking one tablet of 100 mcg Thyronorm daily.  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is a wart (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The best way to remove it electrocautery or radiofrequency. It is a method to remove wart by an instrument. For that you need to go to local dermatologist. It is a very simple and quick procedure. If you ...  Read Full »

My son has a painless bump on his palm. Is it a wart?
Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 6 years old, has a bump on the palm of his hand. It is a hard bump, and he is on antibiotic Cefalexin 259 mg. Is this a wart? It does not pain on touching. He has had this for about a week and a half. His primary care doctor did not seem to know what it was so she prescri...  Read Full »
Dr. Saira Mohsin

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it seems like a viral wart. You should go for electrocautery from some nearby hospital or from a dermatologist. I suggest giving him multivitamin syrup regularly for about a month to boost his im...  Read Full »

What can cause itchy bumps on penis that cluster together?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years of age. I had unprotected sex and I am having sex with the same partner for more than a year and a half. Suddenly, I got itching sensation and found that I have got itchy bumps on my penis which started clustering together. Later, it healed automatically. I also found when ...  Read Full »
Dr. Kakkar S
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have genital molluscum contagiosum. It is an STD (sexually transmitted disease). They can be removed with electrocautery or radiofrequency cautery. Itchy ra...  Read Full »

I have plantar wart and undergoing freezing for it. What else can be done?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been getting treatment for a plantar wart for a year now. Freezing it every two weeks at the clinic and then scraping the skin at home three times a week. However, I am still not getting rid of it. I have read that the treatment usually works way faster than that.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Plantar warts are hard to treat. Unfortunately, that is the truth. Because feet are always under friction and the skin is very thick compared to body skin. Treatment modalities are cryotherapy which you are undergoing, electrocautery removal procedure depends on the siz...  Read Full »

I have spots on my pubic area. What could this be?
Query: Hello doctor,I have these spots on my pubic area for a while now. I visited an STD clinic two years ago and the woman who saw these said they are genital warts. I also had one on the shaft of my penis. She used nitrogen to freeze them and they disappeared (except for the big one that you can see in ...  Read Full »
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The bigger one is looking like a wart and needs to be removed either by chemical cauterization or electrocautery. The smaller ones seem to be eith...  Read Full »

What should I do for facial warts?
Query: Hi doctor, I am getting facial warts again and again at the same place. I go for swimming every day. Is it because of that? I have undergone laser treatment twice and it went away with it. Now, again I have the same problem. What should I do? Is there anything that I can apply as I do not want to ...  Read Full »
Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Facial warts occur due to HPV (human papilloma virus) and some people are more susceptible to it due to some complex immunological parameters. They are too notorious to recur and avoid shaving for some time. Also, the probable treatment is electrocautery. Going to...  Read Full »

I noticed some boils on my face while shaving. What can they be?
Query: Hello doctor, I noticed some boils while shaving. I have attached the pictures, what can they be? How long will it take for them to go? Sometimes, shaving is painful because of them.  Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like facial warts. Warts are painless solid mass, which gradually increase in number. It will also increase if you shave again and again. You have to go to a nearby dermatologist and get it re...  Read Full »

What are these white cyst-like lesions on my penis?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a group of small, non-painful, non-itchy and white cysts on my penis shaft and body. They appeared a month back and they are spreading slowly. Also, I found the same on my body. But, I am not sure whether they are the same. Please help me out.   Read Full »
Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Although photo of the lesion is not very clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity), as per your description of problem it is looking like molluscum contagiosum. It gets spread by contact, either sexual or nonsexual.It is painless, small, pearl-like solid a...  Read Full »

What is a blood blister and how can it be treated?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a tiny red dot on the bottom of my pinky toe. It seems to be some blood blister. If it pops, it will bleed forever. It will not go away. What is it and how do I get it to go away?  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is called pyogenic granuloma which is a lobular capillary hemangioma. It is a collection of capillaries and is not contagious or infectious. Usually seen on hands, feet, and face. It bleeds on t...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Electrocautery? We have medical experts to help you right away.