Medical Advice on "Emergency Contraceptive Pill"

It is not an abortion pill and is not for regular use, as it has side effects … View thread »

You are not pregnant. You had your emergency contraceptive pills on 26th November, so this bleeding must be withdrawal bleeding due to that drug. But if bleeding does not settle, get one ultrasound scan done and keep assured. Revert back to a gynaecologist online --> … View thread »

As you had taken one Unwanted 72 within 24 hours after the intercourse, you must have received a withdrawal bleed after 5-7 days. If yes, then the date of the withdrawal bleed would form your fresh LMP (last menstrual period) and you should be starting your count for … View thread »

First of all, this is not acceptable if you take I-pill frequently. As these pills are of high hormonal content, it can mess up your internal hormonal balance. So, you may have these types of few abnormal bleeding for the following few weeks. Now, the intermenstrual … View thread »

First of all, this is not acceptable if you take I-pill frequently. As these pills are of high hormonal content, it can mess up your internal hormonal balance. So you may have these type of bleeding disturbances for a few more weeks. Just relax. This bleeding could be … View thread »

How are you doing? Yes, as you have heard, Yasmin can be used as an emergency pill. Even if you have not ejaculated into her, she stands a chance of pregnancy if the pre-seminal fluid, the clear fluid that comes out before semen, which is rich in young healthy sperms, … View thread »

If your periods usually last for more than a day, then you should get a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy. Or else, I suggest you start taking oral contraceptive pills. For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> … View thread »

You have missed mentioning if the patient is currently on treatment or post treatment. If she is on chemotherapy or radiation therapy, she should not get pregnant. But taking contraceptive medicines does not affect cancer in any way. She can take these pills without … View thread »

It has to be taken within 72 hours of having unprotected intercourse, or if you missed taking the regular contraceptive pill or faced an issue of condom break. Read on to … View thread »

Emergency contraceptive pills are hormones and have their side effects as well. One of most common is irregular bleeding. Everyone's body responds differently to hormones, but major effects are the same. Have you any bleeding disorder? Have you been treated for any … View thread »

Do you have a question on Emergency Contraceptive Pill? We have medical experts to help you right away.