Emergency Contraceptive Pill

Related Terms: I-pill, Emergency Contraception, Unprotected Sex, Emergency Pill, Withdrawal Bleeding, Contraceptive Pill, Side Effects Of Ipill

Emergency Contraceptive Pills (ECP) - Safety and Indications

Article Overview: Emergency contraception is meant for emergency use to prevent unwanted pregnancy. It is not an abortion pill and is not for regular use, as it has side effects.  Read Article »
Dr. Sujata Mittal

Safety and Indications: Nearly half of the pregnancies are unintended, and this is particularly true for teenagers all over the world. Unsafe abortions are a major cause of maternal mortality in some countries, accounting for approximately 8 % of maternal deaths. As science has progressed, there h ...  Read Article »

Query: Hi, I had my periods on 15th November, then I had sex on 25th November and took emergency contraceptive pills on 26th November. Today I am bleeding. Am I pregnant?  Read Full »
Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com No. You are not pregnant. You had your emergency contraceptive pills on 26th November, so this bleeding must be withdrawal bleeding due to that drug. But if bleeding does not settle, get one ultrasound scan done and keep assured. Revert back to a gynaecologist online -->...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 years old and my menstrual cycle is generally of 30 days. Last month I had sex with my boyfriend on just after 2 days of my periods. Though we used condoms but I felt as if it was leaking so to be double sure I took one Unwanted 72 in 23 hours. Now, I am 13 days late for my period...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you had taken one Unwanted 72 within 24 hours after the intercourse, you must have received a withdrawal bleed after 5-7 days. If yes, then the date of the withdrawal bleed would form your fresh LMP (last menstrual period) and you should be starting your count for...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have been sexually active for the past four months. We initially did not use protection, in order to avoid pregnancy I have used emergency contraceptive pills for a few times now. My periods got delayed by a day or two but with no major changes in the cycle. Last month I found spotti...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, this is not acceptable if you take I-pill frequently. As these pills are of high hormonal content, it can mess up your internal hormonal balance. So, you may have these types of few abnormal bleeding for the following few weeks. Now, the intermenstrual ble...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old. My period was a month back. It sustained for four days. I generally use 3 to 4 pads in my periods. I had sex 10 days later. On the very next day, I had two Ovral G at around 9 AM and there after 12 hours again two Ovral G tablets. I noticed my period 12 days later, ...  Read Full »
Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The test result is <0.10 (attachment removed to protect patient identity) which means it is negative and you are not pregnant and your period was six days early this time. nothing else. Do not worry much. And if you still have doubt then do urine pregnancy test weekl...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I have been sexually active since four months. We initially did not use protection. In order to avoid pregnancy I have used emergency contraceptive pills for a few times now. My periods got delayed by a day or two but with no major changes in the cycle. Last month I found spotting arou...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, this is not acceptable if you take I-pill frequently. As these pills are of high hormonal content, it can mess up your internal hormonal balance. So you may have these type of bleeding disturbances for a few more weeks. Just relax. This bleeding could be d...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee and I had unprotected sex a few days back, but I did not ejaculate inside her. Just to be on the safer side, we wanted to use the emergency contraceptive pill. But due to some restriction in the country where we live, Plan B or emergency contraceptive pills are not available...  Read Full »
Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon Menon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Yes, as you have heard, Yasmin can be used as an emergency pill. Even if you have not ejaculated into her, she stands a chance of pregnancy if the pre-seminal fluid, the clear fluid that comes out before semen, which is rich in young healthy sperm...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I took an emergency contraceptive pill after seven hours of unprotected sex. And I got my periods the same day of taking the pill. But, my period lasted only for a day. Am I pregnant?  Read Full »
Dr. Garima Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your periods usually last for more than a day, then you should get a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy. Or else, I suggest you start taking oral contraceptive pills. For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My friend has stage three esophageal cancer. Her doctor said that she is recovering well. She had unprotected sex with her fiance. She is in a panic now. She has planned to take Unwanted 72 pills to prevent a pregnancy. But my question is, will she have serious health issues if she tak...  Read Full »
Dr. Rakesh Mittal
Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have missed mentioning if the patient is currently on treatment or post treatment. If she is on chemotherapy or radiation therapy, she should not get pregnant. But taking contraceptive medicines does not affect cancer in any way. She can take these pills without ...  Read Full »

Morning-After Pill: Things to Know Before Using

Article Overview: Morning-after pills (emergency contraceptive pills) are hormonal methods of preventing pregnancy after intercourse has happened. It has to be taken within 72 hours of having unprotected intercourse, or if you missed taking the regular contraceptive pill or faced an issue of condom break. Read on to know more.  Read Article »
Dr. Prabha Ranjan

The morning-after pill is usually meant for emergency situations like unplanned sex, condom break or sexual assault to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. It is not to be used as the regular method of contraception. Frequent use comes with its own side-effects. So, its repeated use in a single menstrual ...  Read Article »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Emergency Contraceptive Pill? We have medical experts to help you right away.