Medical Advice on "Emergency Contraceptive Pill"

What is ECP (Emergency Contraceptive Pills ... As the name suggests, these pills are to be used only in emergency and offer 95 % protection from unwanted pregnancy ... As science has progressed, there have been tremendous improvements in contraceptive choices for both women and men ... As an end user, it is important for the public to understand the utility, safety, and side effects of the drug, as some of the drugs are available over-the-counter like I-pill, Unwanted 72, or Plan B … View thread »

You had your emergency contraceptive pills on 26th November, so this bleeding must be withdrawal bleeding due to that drug … View thread »

... had taken one Unwanted 72 within 24 hours after the intercourse, you must have received a withdrawal bleed after 5-7 days. If yes, then the date of the withdrawal bleed would form your fresh LMP (last menstrual period) and you should be starting your count for ... … View thread »

We initially did not use protection, in order to avoid pregnancy I have used emergency contraceptive pills for a few times now ... I suggest you to start regular contraceptive pills from the first day of your next cycle onwards ... First of all, this is not acceptable if you take I-pill frequently … View thread »

In order to avoid pregnancy I have used emergency contraceptive pills for a few times now ... I suggest you to start any form of regular contraceptive pills like Femilon or Novelon from day one of your next cycle ... First of all, this is not acceptable if you take I-pill frequently … View thread »

Just to be on the safer side, we wanted to use the emergency contraceptive pill ... But due to some restriction in the country where we live, Plan B or emergency contraceptive pills are not available … View thread »

Thank you doctor, I took the emergency pill and took a pregnancy test that day, which was negative ... Is it possible that the emergency contraceptive pill made my period so short ... Or else, I suggest you start taking oral contraceptive pills ... And I got my periods the same day of taking the pillView thread »

But taking contraceptive medicines does not affect cancer in any way ... She has planned to take Unwanted 72 pills to prevent a pregnancy ... She can take these pills without worrying about adverse consequences … View thread »

In the true sense, emergency contraception is not meant for contraception ... In case of sexually active women, there are other suitable methods of regular contraception which they can opt for as emergency contraception is not an alternative to regular contraception ... The other methods of emergency contraception are high doses of oral combined contraceptive pills and intrauterine contraceptive device ... Regular contraception methods (birth-control pills) have beneficial health effects too in the long run along with contraception action ... So, they are preferable to morning-after pills … View thread »

Emergency contraceptive pills are hormones will cause not only withdrawal bleed but also can delay or irregulate periods ... Due to I-pill, it got early periods and I had it again ten days later ... I had an unprotected sex again yesterday for which I did not take I-pillView thread »

Do you have a question on Emergency Contraceptive Pill? We have medical experts to help you right away.