Enamel Hypoplasia

Related Terms: Fluorosis, Tooth Cavity, Tooth Decay, Veneers, Dental Scaling, Root Canal Treatment, Stained Teeth

All my teeth have cavities and I am ashamed to smile. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I have big issues with getting cavities. I take good care of my teeth, never had any soda in almost four years. I keep getting cavities in the bottom of my front and back teeth. Almost all my teeth have cavities. I really want to get them fixed but I have always been embarrassed to go to...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have enamel hypoplasia which is a sort of defect when the teeth were forming or genetic. You can ask your dentist to give crowns to all teeth which have such large broken cavities. Else, yo...  Read Full »

How to make white spots on teeth less noticeable?
Query: Hi doctor, I recently started getting white spots on my two front teeth. What is it? How can I make it less noticeable?  Read Full »
Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. White spots on the teeth might be due to: Plaque (tartar) accumulation on the teeth due to improper brushing. Decalcification of the outer enamel layer of the tooth called the enamel hypoplasia. Initial stages of tooth decay called incipient caries. Fluorosis. ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for soft teeth that chip off easily in a baby?
Query: Hello doctor, My baby is one year old. She has soft teeth in the front and she is not able to bite anything with the upper teeth. If she bites, the teeth start chipping. What am I to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Rachna
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the enamel matrix formation is deficient, it will result in soft teeth that chips and/or decays easily. It may also result in an atypical or abnormal tooth shape. This is called enamel hypoplasia. Treatment for this dental condition includes removal of the very soft...  Read Full »

My teeth are yellow.I am not even smiling because of embarrassment. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I have a large white spot on one of my front teeth. My teeth are yellow and it makes my smile look bad. When I was young, I had used a paste given to me by my dentist. I cannot remember the name of it, but I was supposed to scrub it on my teeth, leave it for five minutes and then spit ...  Read Full »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

How to correct my teeth problem?
Query: Hi doctor, I would like to know the ways to fix my teeth and make them better. Please explain.  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly ask your question in detail with your exact problem, so that I can answer your doubts to my best. Revert back with more details to a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist  Read Full »

Early Detection of Dental Problems in Kids
Article Overview: It is of utmost importance that parents routinely examine the intraoral region of their kids for any anomaly of soft tissues or hard tissues like milk tooth, permanent tooth and the jaw. Most of the oral and maxillofacial anomalies seen in children can be corrected by taking appropriate preventive steps in the growing stage itself.  Read Article »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Pedodontist

It is very important to routinely examine the intraoral region of the kids for any anomaly of soft tissues or hard tissues. For this, the parents should have a basic knowledge about the function of the mouth and the intraoral parts and its esthetics. Some of the common features which ...  Read Article »

Shall we go ahead with GA for dental procedures of my 2.6 years old?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is 2.6 years old. His four front teeth look black now. The enamel did not form in the front teeth when it erupted. Also, the molars have very deep cavity as can be seen in the image and there are other small cavities too. His teeth were crooked and got decayed so fast. The pedodont...  Read Full »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no need for such procedure at this age. The front four teeth will usually never cause any pain to the child, but it has to remain there to maintain the space till the permanent teeth come in its space. So, leave the front four teeth as it is. The molar teeth, whi...  Read Full »

How to Prevent Dental Erosion?
Article Overview: Dental erosion is the wearing away of the tooth structure by acids. This article discusses in detail the causes and management of dental erosion.  Read Article »
Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
Dentist

What is Dental Erosion? Gradual dissolution of dental hard tissue by acids is termed as dental erosion. It is an irreversible loss of tooth structure. Difference Between Erosion, Abrasion and Attrition: Erosion - Chemical wear of the tooth structure by extrinsic/intrinsic acids. ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Enamel Hypoplasia? We have medical experts to help you right away.