Enlarged Lymph Node

Related Terms: Lymph Node Enlargement, Fnac, Lymph Node Biopsy, Lymphoma, Tonsillitis, Infection, Sore Throat

I have Epstein Barr virus and numerous enlarged lymph nodes. What are they?
Query: Hello doctor, Needle core biopsy of 1.5 cm lymph node in the abdomen at porta hepatis. Numerous small and large nodes are present. Flow cytometry shows peripheral blood contaminated specimen, lymphocytes population is 97 % of total leukocytes and consists of T-cells helper and suppressor immunoph an...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hereby, I am giving my opinion for your case. You are having ebstein bar virus infection. This virus can lead to hepatitis development and enlarged lymph nodes. You are right on your suspicion that multiple enlarged lymph nodes raised suspicion towards malignancy esp...  Read Full »

I have enlarged lymph nodes in my neck from six months. Do I need a biopsy?
Query: Hello doctor, I am considering pursuing a second opinion about some palpable lymph nodes that have been present in my neck for approximately six months now. There is a total of eight of them, present on both sides of the neck. These are all cervical lymph nodes, with the exception of one, which is s...  Read Full »
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Audiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Any lymph node that is smaller than 1 cm is not significant, but multiple palpable lymph nodes should be investigated. In my opinion, you should get a FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) done from the lymph nodes to rule out any infection or malignancy. For more i...  Read Full »

Can Hashimoto's disease cause enlarged lymph nodes?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism since four years. I take Eltroxin daily and go for a thyroid sonar once a year. I went for an ultrasound yesterday and my report stated that my thyroid features are consistent with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. But, what reall...  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from the reports you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that you do have some enlarged lymph nodes. Yes, there are two possibilities but it is more likely that these are due to: The upper respiratory tr...  Read Full »

Can numerous pericecal enlarged lymph nodes mean colon cancer?
Query: Hello doctor, I just want to start off by saying that I am a 24-year-old male. I have been diagnosed with IBS in the past, and for about a good seven months I have had stomach issues on and off. Nothing serious, no weight loss or any large amounts of blood in the stool. I had one CT scan the first ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. See as such mesenteric lymphadenitis does not directly represent colon cancer. It is very commonly seen post infection. So what we do is that we give antibiotics for seven days and later repeat an ultrasound abdomen after one month to check for the size of lymph nodes. ...  Read Full »

I noticed a pea-sized lump below my armpit. What could it be?
Query: Hello doctor,I just noticed I have a painless pea-sized lump just below my armpit. I am not currently ill and otherwise feel fine. What is it?  Read Full »
Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, it is an enlarged lymph node as per your description. It is a normal phenomenon of enlargement if there is any skin infection on the same side or ingrowing nail. Your body is protecting you from an infection and trying to kill the organism by trapping it in ...  Read Full »

Are my lymph nodes swollen due to an allergy to fried foods?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I had a fever of 37.8oC on the eighth of last month, which only lasted for a day. But the fever was followed by few symptoms. After the fever, my lymph nodes at the back of my ear were swollen. I also had a sore throat and mouth ulcers. My body felt itchy, and I ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you still having enlarged lymph nodes? Are those painful to touch? Is the size still the same as when you observed first? Is there any change? Do you have any throat pain now? Was any throat swab test done? Any blood test? Any difficulty or pain while swallowing or...  Read Full »

What can be done for a lump on the neck of a 5 year old?
Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old son has a lump on his neck. He had a similar lump about two years back, but it disappeared. The size of the lump is a little bigger this time. What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. E Venkata Ramana
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lump in the neck is due to an enlarged lymph node caused by an infection. If the node is enlarged, then a course of antibiotic has to be given after consulting a pediatrician. If it responds to the antibiotics, then nothing more is required. But if the lump is increasi...  Read Full »

My ultrasound shows mesenteric nodes in iliac fossa. What is this?
Query: Hello doctor,I recently scanned ultrasound. In the scan report, few mesenteric nodes are seen in right iliac fossa region. There is no evidence of ascites or para-aortic lymphadenopathy. What is this? I am in fear please suggest me.  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Small lymph nodes do not cause a problem. The common cause of enlarged lymph nodes is tuberculosis or lymphoma or other malignancy. The radiologist (who has seen your nodes) can make better comments (on the basis of the appearance of the nodes). If there are no symptoms ...  Read Full »

Is pain in the knee an HIV symptom?
Query: Hi doctor, I had sex with a CSW. During sex, she rubbed her vagina against my penis. I felt like the penis entered in her vagina for a moment. Then, I immediately asked to wear a condom. Six weeks after this incident, I had a pain in my right knee. There was no swelling or redness. It resolved in...  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though joint pain occurs in HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), fever, malaise, and enlarged lymph nodes are more common in the initial stages of HIV. The involvement of a single knee joint seems unlikely. But as you had physical relations with a CSW (commercial sex wo...  Read Full »

I am unable to swallow due to a painful lump under my tonsil. Please suggest a remedy.
Query: Hi doctor, I have a painful lump under my tonsil since a week. It hurts during swallowing. Otherwise, I have no other symptoms. I was not sick or traveled anywhere recently. My lymph nodes are also slightly swollen. I have attached a picture. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The growth is just an enlarged lymph node in the oral cavity. You also seem to have enlarged and infected tonsils. I suggest you take a course of antibiotics like Amoxyclav (Amoxycillin and Clavula...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Enlarged Lymph Node? We have medical experts to help you right away.