Erysipelas

Related Terms: COPD, Tonsillitis, Azithromycin, Cervicitis, Nelfinavir, Pharyngitis, Urethritis

Redness and tenderness in nipple with a bump under skin. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a small area of redness and tenderness above and around the top of my left nipple. It is painful to touch and has a small bump under the skin (not a superficial, but a few layers under). The lump is quite hard. We were recently swimming in freshwater rivers and ocean, and hiking i...  Read Full »
Dr. Magesh T
General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like erysipelas, that is called the superficial skin infection. It would be helpful if you have had any recent laboratory investigations, complete blood count analysis ESR CRP that would be very helpful. I will advise you to apply Mupirocin ointment twice daily...  Read Full »

Azithromycin Tablet
Article Overview: Drugs (medicines) are a boon to the recent era of various diseases. Some are so commonly prescribed and even sold over-the-counter in various places. Hence, detailed knowledge about the medicine you take is necessary to avoid any unwanted reaction. One such drug is Azithromycin.  Read Article »
Dr. Divya Banu M
Pharmacologist

Drugs (medicines) are a boon to the recent era of various diseases. Some are so commonly prescribed and even sold over-the-counter in various places. Hence, detailed knowledge about the medicine you take is necessary to avoid any unwanted reaction. One such drug is Azithromycin. Introduction: It i ...  Read Article »

Do you have a question on Erysipelas? We have medical experts to help you right away.