Eswl

Related Terms: Kidney Tests, Gastritis, Kidney Stones, Analgesic, Ayurvedic Remedies For Kidney Stones, Creatinine, Ct Kub, E.coli Infection

Is it true that the size of stone increases after ESWL?
Query: Hello doctor, I had my ESWL done 14 days ago. I was not completely sedated and felt some pain so I was shaking a bit. The day after ESWL, I started feeling severe pain in kidney, irritation and burning in stomach. Pain was dealt with but burning in stomach continued and I was constipated too. Due to...  Read Full »
Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Post ESWL (extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy) the stone fragments need to be flushed out by the kidney. So, you need to have lots of fluids. Adding a painkiller and an alpha blocker to relax your ureters will help clear the fragments. Pain can occur after ESWL due to...  Read Full »

How can kidney stones be detected?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old, fairly healthy female. I have been suffering from kidney stones since the age of 15. Mostly the stones would go away on their own without causing any pain. But in the last seven to eight months, I had been suffering from recurrent UTIs and mild pain in the kidney. Aro...  Read Full »
Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have got stone problem so early and since you are a recurrent kidney stone former, you need a thorough evaluation to prevent further stone episodes. You should collect the stone you pass in urine and do FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared) spectroscopy analysis ...  Read Full »

What do high readings in kidney function tests indicate?
Query: Hi doctor, I am scheduled for extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) to treat a kidney stone that was discovered through testing for gross hematuria. My pre-operative blood work came back with a number of readings that were flagged as high. It includes Alpha-1-acid glycoprotein (AGP) 17, blood...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your high readings in kidney function tests are probably attributed to the kidney stone that you are having. Any stone present in kidney that is causing hematuria is very likely to cause transient rise in creatinine levels and alter the kidney function test to...  Read Full »

Can you suggest the treatment for urinary tract infection?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with urinary tract infection (E.coli) three months back. I took Ciprofloxacin for 10 days, but there is no sign of improvement. Now I have a dull pain in the back region, waist, and sometimes at flank. There is complete body weakness, mild fever, tingling sensation at h...  Read Full »
Dr. Abhishek Dixit
Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like an upper urinary tract infection. Get your urine test done in a place where they check whether it is E.Coli (Escherichia Coli) or ESBL (Extended-spectrum beta-lactamases). Also, do an ultrasonography for the bladder to check post void residue. Start ta...  Read Full »

How to manage my mother's plantar fasciitis?
Query: Hi doctor, My mother, who is 50, is suffering from plantar fasciitis. She lives in a remote area and so, regular physical and ESWT therapy is not feasible. I am planning to buy a portable ESWT device. Will this be helpful and feasible to use them at home without any assistance? Is there any side e...  Read Full »
Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani
Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Plantar fasciitis, which is inflammation of foot tissue, can be reduced by decrease weight bearing, by wearing different footwear and by physiotherapy. TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) will not be an effective one. You need to take ultrasound therapy wit...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Eswl? We have medical experts to help you right away.