Etoricoxib

Related Terms: Pregabalin, Physiotherapy, Calcium Supplements, Vitamin D, Diclofenac, X-ray Spine, Headache

I am suffering from ankylosing spondylitis. Kindly suggest new medications.
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from ankylosing spondylitis (HLA B27 positive and Rh factor negative) since 10 years, now on Saaz-DS, SI joints are fused. Movement restrictions of neck, forward bending and morning stiffness with sciatica. Kindly suggest the new medications and NSAIDs. I have attached ...  Read Full »
Dr. Divya Agarwal
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The NSAIDs you can take are Etoricoxib 90 mg once daily or Diclofenac 75 mg twice daily. You can try this out and see which one helps more. Once your pain is controlled, you can try to reduce the dose to alternate days or even lesser depending on your pain. Folic ac...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Nucoxia for a long period?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 39 year old male. I have been diagnosed with mechanical low back pain and SI joint pain. My doctor has advised me to take Nucoxia 60 once daily for three months. Is it safe to take Nucoxia an anti-inflammatory medicine for such a long period of three months? Doctor has not prescri...  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you have been diagnosed as a case of mechanical back pain. Since your question is specific for Nucoxia, I can tell you that Etoricoxib is actually a COX-2 inhibitor which is definitely safer than conventional NSAIDs (non steroidal anti-inflammatory...  Read Full »

Whom should I consult for my neck pain?
Query: Hi doctor,I am a 45 year old diabetic woman. Since past two months, my right-hand thumb is paining. I am unable to hold or grip anything. From past one month, I am having pain in the neck and headache as well which is not going. Now since last week, the pain in my thumb spread to my pinky finger, ...  Read Full »
Dr. Abhinav Gupta
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.For neck pain, maintain correct posture. Sit straight and do not use laptops and mobiles.Go for x-ray cervical spine, lateral and anteroposterior view.For thumb pain, I suggest Etoricoxib 90 mg. If the pain does not subside, then seek orthopedic consultation.Get your thyr...  Read Full »

I am having pain in spine, upper back and numbness in fingers. Kindly advice.
Query: Hello doctor, I am having pain in the spine and upper back, light knee pain and lot of numbness in fingers. I have arthritis condition for nearly two years. Had initial knee injury in ligaments through bed corner hit. Had once the high pain in the knee subsided thereafter. The condition is mainly b...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have mentioned are that of neuropathy especially numbness and you also have a mechanical backache. If you can buy use following medicine, but with the consent of your specialist doctor: Tablet Etoshine MR (Etoricoxib)after lunch. Tablet Revlin M...  Read Full »

Why do I have acute pain in my whole body?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 42 year old male. Two months back, one fine day, when I woke up I had acute pain in my whole body. I was unable to stand up, walk or pull anything. I had pain in and around the knees, elbow and wrist. I consulted a general physician and got uric acid test done. My uric acid was 8....  Read Full »

Answer: Hi. Welcome to icliniq.com. Your diagnosis is right and you have inflammation of your joints leading to pain. The medicines given to you by your doctor are disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs). They would offer you relief in long term. You would need to either take nonsteroidal anti-inflam...  Read Full »

Is Adfar injection a better treatment option for ankylosing spondylitis?
Query: Hello doctor, My husband is suffering from ankylosing spondylitis, and he is under treatment since last year. His doctor has now suggested Adfrar 40 injections along with physiotherapy and belt. The doctor has also suggested halting swimming until further instructions. I am looking for a second opi...  Read Full »
Dr. Naval Mendiratta
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and his disease does look quite severe. Developing a compression fracture is an indication that the disease activity is high. The reason for stopping exercises would be the fracture itse...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest medicines to minimize the muscle and nerve tightening and any new effective medicine for ankylosing spondylitis.
Query: Hello doctor, Seven years ago, I was affected by ankylosing spondylitis (HLA-B27 positive) (RF negative). And then after a year, I was affected by pulmonary tuberculosis (TB lungs). Tuberculosis was controlled within months and I continued taking medication for ankylosing spondylitis. And then f...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following are the answers for your queries: Get an  MRI LS spine done, to see for any disc prolapse as the pain you are describing along with tingling sensation is seen in disc prolapse only. A combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine will help you in neuropathy pa...  Read Full »

How to manage painful bleeding piles?
Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from bleeding piles with pain. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Deep Dutta
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to take a sitz bath twice daily. I suggest you apply Faktu ointment (Cinchocaine and Policresulen) twice daily for anal pain. Also, I suggest Naturolax powder (Psyllium) four tablespoons twice daily in a glass of water to keep your stool soft. Consult your docto...  Read Full »

What can be the cause of pain in the upper back and neck?
Query: Hello doctor, I was advised to take Naproxen, Gabarich 300 mg and Pantop 40 mg for my upper back and neck pain. Can you please tell me if Gabarich is a painkiller and with what to substitute for Naproxen and Gabarich for pain in my upper back and neck? I must remind you that I am on antidepressants.  Read Full »
Dr. Ruth Agustin

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your complaints of upper back pain and neck pain point to a musculoskeletal cause, probably a muscular spasm. However, it would be prudent to check for other causes such as osteoarthritis and nerve impingement, initially through X-rays. Naproxen belongs to a family of ...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for sudden knee pain?
Query: Hi doctor, This morning I got sudden knee pain. Since then I am having difficulty walking or moving my knee. I did not get my knee hurt. Please suggest some solution.  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing to this platform. You have written sudden onset pain in the knee region since morning with no history of any injury to the knee. Also, I want to actually know whether there are any associated signs or symptoms of any inflammation like skin redness...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Etoricoxib? We have medical experts to help you right away.