Evening Primrose Oil

Related Terms: Breast Cancer, Breast Examination, Breast Lump, Fibroadenoma, Fibroadenosis, Hair Loss, Acute Mastitis

Can taking hormonal pills for perimenopause symptoms cause breast cancer?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 46-year-old female who is dealing with perimenopause symptoms. My Ob-gyn has recommended taking low dose of birth control pills to relieve my symptoms. However, I am at a higher risk for breast cancer because my late mother (who died in an auto accident) was a breast cancer sur...  Read Full »
Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is really sad to hear about your mother but I would like to add into your information that evidence suggests that HRT does not significantly increase the risk of breast cancer. It is only contraindicated if the person taking HRT has breast cancer already. Second...  Read Full »

Can thyroid problem cause excessive hair fall?
Query: Hi doctor, I have thyroid issues for the past three years. I got this when I was pregnant. I am taking Thyronorm 75 mcg tablet for the last three months. Recently, I have done the thyroid test and my T3 and T4 are normal and TSH is very low. It shows less than 0.01. What does it indicate? First, I w...  Read Full »
Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This appears to be due to over treatment or iatrogenic hyperthyroidism. Here is a list of symptoms experienced due to over treatment. They are tachycardia, palpitations, nervousness, tiredness, headache, excitability, sleeplessness, tremors, anxiety and heat intolerance. ...  Read Full »

Evaluation of Breast Problems That Women Can Do at Home
Article Overview: This is a patient information article about common breast diseases and how to evaluate it.  Read Article »
Dr. Rashi Verma

For females, an easy way to assess their breast problems is the need of the hour. A female should do a simple checkup at home. If they notice any change then they should bring it to the doctor's attention immediately. Symptoms: Majority of women who come to the surgical outpatient department compl ...  Read Article »

Why do I have severe breast pain after every ovulation?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and my LMP was on 21st of last month. My periods usually last for five days, and I take Triolmezest 40 for hypertension. After every ovulation (10th day), I have severe breast pain till the periods start. I just have sore breasts and no other problems. I took Py...  Read Full »
Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We need to do a breast examination and a breast scan to rule out any fibroadenoma. This generally causes pain in breasts especially nearing cycles. Consult a gynecologist or a surgeon personally for an examination. You may also try evening Primrose supplements to reduc...  Read Full »

I am having excruciating pain in the right breast. Could it be a cancer?
Query: Hi doctor, I had a mammogram done a few weeks ago. I am having excruciating pain in my right breast. It hurts when I move, or lie down to reach up any movement or touch of that breast and It makes me sick to my stomach. I have had a kind of loss of appetite. I got a callback and the person who did...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably, it will be fibroadenosis. Fibroadenosis is a condition seen during perimenopausal periods and characterized by lumps and severe pain in the breast. Probably he must have seen those lumps, which is an expected finding. Cancer, most of the time, is painless. ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Evening Primrose Oil? We have medical experts to help you right away.