Exercise

Related Terms: Exercises, Yoga, Anxiety, Physiotherapy, Lifestyle Modification, Reduce Weight, Stress, Meditation

What are the best exercises for ankylosing spondylitis with Andersson lesion?
Query: Dear doctor, Can you tell me which exercises are the best to do when one is having ankylosing spondylitis with an Andersson lesion apart from any outdoor exercises?  Read Full »
Dr. Palanikumar Chellamuthu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have to inform us of your age, duration of symptoms, whether you are on any medical management, the extent of your body joints and spine involvement, etc. Considering all these have been done, I would suggest you concentrate on deep breathing exercises and pranayam...  Read Full »

What exercise precautions are needed for someone who is not on blood thinners?
Query: Hello doctor, I am an accredited exercise physiologist currently working with a client who is taking blood thinners. Recently, the client will be going for oral surgery and has to stop taking the blood thinners five days in advance.  The client will be completing one last exercise session with me o...  Read Full »
Dr. Smrita Singh
Hematologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know the age of your patient and whether he is hypertensive. I would advise you to ask your patient to avoid any exercise that would result in an impact e.g. jumping, boxing, or exercises involving the use of weights or resistance bands. These forms of ...  Read Full »

Exercise for Premature Ejaculation
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old married male. I have premature ejaculation problem. What are the ways for me to overcome it? Will exercises or workout help in overcoming it? Can you suggest me ways to overcome it?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.Premature ejaculation in most individuals occurs because of associated anxiety, psychological reasons, and hyperexcitation. Relaxation and treatment of anxiety result in improvement in most individuals. The first thing you have to understand that it is normal to ejacula...  Read Full »

Easy Exercises for Knee Osteoarthritis (OA)
Article Overview: This article talks briefly about knee osteoarthritis and stresses on how you can benefit from special physiotherapy exercises for the knee.  Read Article »
Dr. Ankita Sharma
Physiotherapist

Osteoarthritis is a form of arthritis that features the breakdown and eventually, loss of the cartilage of one or more joints. Osteoarthritis occurs more frequently as we age, the common age group of onset being 40 to 50 years. Osteoarthritis is referred to as degenerative joint diseases (DJD). Oste ...  Read Article »

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Cervical length needs to be checked again at 24 weeks for further advice. In general, twin pregnancy has a tendency for preterm labor. Your focus right now should be on preventing preterm labor rather than normal delivery. For normal delivery to happen, you do not need t...  Read Full »

What are the exercises and food for normal delivery?
Query: Hello doctor, I am in the 25th week of pregnancy. I want a normal delivery. Will exercise or diet help me in normal delivery?  Read Full »
Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following aid in normal delivery: Your stature must be tall. There should be adequate pelvis. The baby should be in vertex position. This can be predicted only when you cross 37 weeks. You can have a normal diet and regular antenatal exercises till then. Yog...  Read Full »

What can be done to maintain lipid levels?
Query: Hello doctor, My father is 77 years old. Just had quad bypass surgery. Too clogged for a stent. Not overweight (ever). Smoked 2 or 3 cheap cigars a day for 15 to 20 years. No regular exercise, but stayed busy in the yard, walked the dogs, etc. Generally ate what he wanted, including both a lot of g...  Read Full »
Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are three things you are asking, statin, diet, exercise, right? 1. Statin: Scientific evidence shows elevated lipid especially LDL is a major risk factor for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, and stroke. And guidelines tell us that everyone aged ...  Read Full »

Can I exercise with resistance bands if I have neck, shoulder and back pain?
Query: Hello doctor,Can I exercise with resistance bands if I have neck, shoulder and back pain?  Read Full »
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should realize that there are two types of exercises. Range of motion. This is recommended when the patient has pain, active symptoms, muscle spasm, and instability. Strengthening: once the acute pain has settled and a full pain-free range of motion has been achie...  Read Full »

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minute...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If there is a pain of veins, especially when you touch them, or any signs of inflammation, only then it is a thrombophlebitis of veins. In your case, it could be thrombophlebitis, but...  Read Full »

While doing exercise, I felt sudden pain in my left lower back. How to identify the injury?
Query: Hi doctor,As I was about to straighten my back while holding the bar to lift the weight (deadlifts), I felt a clunk sound in my left lower back. The same spot as I previously injured 20 months ago on the last rep of deadlift. I rounded my back, and it pulled me down. It got cured in four or five da...  Read Full »
Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is better to have an x-ray done immediately so that we can confirm the exact site of injury. It might be a locking of the facet joint that usually happens if you suddenly lift a heavy object and try to lift it. That is why it is always advisable to have a warm up sessi...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Exercise? We have medical experts to help you right away.