Eye Discharge

Related Terms: Redness In Eyes, Conjunctivitis, Dry Eyes, Watering From Eyes, Lubricant Eye Drops, Moxifloxacin, Headache

My wife and kid have yellowish eye discharge. How to cure this?
Query: Hi doctor, Today morning, my kid 1.5 years old and wife's eyes got stuck with yellow discharge. The top of the eye become slightly red, and the eye seems heavy and tiny little bit. The eyes were cleaned with saline water, and the yellow deposit got cleared. How to avoid further yellow discharge and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms are suggestive of viral conjunctivitis. The other symptoms of viral conjunctivitis include mild lid edema, foreign body sensation, watering, discharge and redness. You can prevent this by using two handkerchiefs (one for each eye), keeping eyes and hand...  Read Full »

Shall I use the prescribed eye drops for a 3 month old?
Query: Hi doctor, My 3 months old baby got an infection in his right eye. It became red and appears like a layer covered the eye. The tears keep coming from his right eye. He was prescribed to use Alcon Vigamox sterile 5 mL and Ciprofloxacin ophthalmic ointment. Is it fine to use for a 3 month old?  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, your child seems to have developed some kind of eye infection. The treatment that is being given is absolutely perfect. However, up to the age of 6 months, many children have eye discharge. Most eye discharges are non-infective and caused mainly d...  Read Full »

My 1 month old baby is suffering from severe gas trouble. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My baby girl is 1 month old. I am having a really tough time both physically and mentally. I hope you can help me out. At around 3 weeks, my baby started having gas trouble. I gave gripe water as per guidance from my parents. When I searched on the internet, I found that it is bad for bab...  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be going through a lot of stress with your child. Please calm down. All these phenomena are completely normal till the age of 6 months in every child. I believe this must be your first child and that is why all the confusion. Normal things that every first...  Read Full »

How to stop the discharge released from my left eye?
Query: Hi doctor, I have an eye discharge from my left eye for a week. I thought I have the discharge because of my contact lens (first-time user). I used it for a few days. But I stopped using it now because of the eye discharge. I have eye discharge only from my left eye when I wake up in the morning. S...  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have discharge from the left eye. This is a severe problem, and it occurs due to an infection. You can have one of these two things. They can occur due to viral or bacterial conjunctivitis. It has symptoms of eyelids sticking together when waking up in the morning, ...  Read Full »

Are bacterial conjunctivitis and blepharitis related?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with blepharitis. I also have seborrhoeic dermatitis (perhaps rosacea as well), and my condition has improved greatly. Recently, I got very bad allergy symptoms, my eyes and nose became extremely itchy, causing me to sneeze a lot. This morning when I woke up, I had trou...  Read Full »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is nothing but common bacterial conjunctivitis. Since you have blepharitis, you are more likely to get conjunctivitis. Also, blepharitis, in turn, is related to seborrh...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a medicine for my granny's throat pain.
Query: Hi doctor,My grandmother, who is 70 years old, is suffering from severe throat pain. She had cold, cough and fever before two days. We consulted a doctor and had medicine. Then, she was fine for a day without any fever. From yesterday afternoon, she started complaining of throat pain. She could not ...  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First and foremost, I like to inform you that your grandmother is having some form of infection and most probably upper respiratory tract infection. This needs to be diagnosed properly after examining her. She may not be agr...  Read Full »

Trachoma - an Easily Preventable Blinding Disease
Article Overview: Trachoma is a severe infectious follicular conjunctivitis frequently seen in developing countries. It is known to affect children in the age groups of 5 to 10 years, with complications starting by 20 to 30 years. In severe cases, it is known to cause a variety of eyelid malformations by its tendency to produce scarring. It is a major public health problem and deserves attention from both the common man in terms of preventive measures to be taken and hygienic practices to be followed and also city planners and executives as sanitation and hygiene are the major factors responsible for this disease.  Read Article »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Trachoma is a severe infectious follicular conjunctivitis frequently seen in developing countries. It is known to affect children in the age groups of 5 to 10 years, with complications starting by 20 to 30 years. In severe cases, it is known to cause a variety of eyelid malformations by its tendency ...  Read Article »

Why am I having itching and white discharge from eye?
Query: Hello doctor, I have an eye problem, eye itching, irritating eye, white thread discharge, and facing these problems for the past one year.  Read Full »
Dr. Skandha Harshita
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your symptoms, I could understand that you are suffering from allergic conjunctivitis. It is a common problem in people with allergies of nose and lungs. I would prescribe Olopatadine eye drops, one drop four times a day. Artificial eye drops one drop four times ...  Read Full »

I have flashes of light and blurring of vision. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, One week back, I started to get a light glint in my right eye. It seems as though my sight is blurred in this eye and it is quite exhausting dealing with it. I had a significant sinus discharge the day before and on the opposite side the days before this started and now have this tiny...  Read Full »
Dr. Skandha Harshita
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. By going through your query, I could understand that you are experiencing flashes of light and blurring of vision. Most of the patients visiting our clinic with a single episode of flashes do not have any abnormality, although we advise them to undergo a detailed ret...  Read Full »

Is the blood clot in sclera due to an infection?
Query: Hello doctor, I have got blood clotting since the past two days in my right eye, in the part of the sclera. I have no idea whether it is an infection or not. I am currently using Moxicip eye drop to see whether I get any relief. I have used other home remedies like washing my eyes with cold water. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Skandha Harshita
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By going through your query, I understand that you are suffering from a subconjunctival hemorrhage. It is a self-limiting condition although cosmetically disfiguring, it causes no pain or any watering. I advise tablet Limcee (Vitamin C) to help in faster recovery and co...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Eye Discharge? We have medical experts to help you right away.