Eye Irritation

Related Terms: Redness In Eyes, Dry Eyes, Watering From Eyes, Artificial Tears, Lubricant Eye Drops, Contact Lens, Allergy In Eyes

Why is there an eye irritation and earthworm image in front of eyes?
Query: Hello doctor, My age is 30 years old. Sometimes, I have an eye irritation. I have an earthworm image in front of eyes. Please help me to clear this issue.  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you have two questions, one concerning occasional irritation and the second is regarding a linear worm like image floating in front of your eye. My advice to you is: For irritation, use over the counter lubricant eyedrops 4 to 6 times a day. These ...  Read Full »

Hot Fomentation vs Icing
Article Overview: Fomentation is the application of hot or cold packs to the site of internal injury to ease body pains. They are most effective when used in back pain, knee pain, and eye irritation.  Read Article »
Dr. Vikram S Bharadwaj

Icing Icing should be done when you injure yourself during day-to-day activities like walking, running, etc. There will be swelling after 24 hours but icing should be done for under five minutes every one and a half hours, for the first five days. Some injuries may respond to icing alone and some o ...  Read Article »

I am having explosive diarrhea since three months. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor,I am having diarrhea since three to four months. What actually is happening is I am getting large amount of water which is clear with small broken pieces of feces. Also, I can see tissue like (lace-like) mucus like things in my feces. I have abdominal discomfort when I do not defecate. ...  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms, you could have a chronic infection or inflammatory condition of the colon associated with malabsorption. It could be a number of things so we need to approach in a stepwise manner. If symptoms are associated with certain food intakes like dairy or g...  Read Full »

Are bacterial conjunctivitis and blepharitis related?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with blepharitis. I also have seborrhoeic dermatitis (perhaps rosacea as well), and my condition has improved greatly. Recently, I got very bad allergy symptoms, my eyes and nose became extremely itchy, causing me to sneeze a lot. This morning when I woke up, I had trou...  Read Full »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, it is nothing but common bacterial conjunctivitis. Since you have blepharitis, you are more likely to get conjunctivitis. Also, blepharitis, in turn, is related to seborrh...  Read Full »

Can excessive computer exposure cause dry eyes?
Query: Hi doctor, I am using artificial tear drops during the day and an artificial tear gel in the night before going to bed for dry eyes. In most of the days, I feel a lot better, however, one day or another I have the same symptoms or watery eyes and redness and minor blurred vision. This happens with...  Read Full »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very good to know that you have improved drastically.  Yes, continuous computer use can cause dry eyes, redness and irritation. Yes, higher power on left eye can add to your problems. It can be due to eye fatigue and tiredness due to continuous reading. Just use c...  Read Full »

Why has the automatic blinking stopped in my child?
Query: Hello doctor, My son is 16 years old. He is myopic with the approximate power in left eye being -5.5 spherical and cylindrical - 0.5, right eye being -6 spherical and cylindrical - 0.75. Since the last few days (4 to 5 days) he is facing a problem in his eyes. He feels his automatic blinking has st...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, we have to take care of itching and watering, and for that, you have to start Moxifloxacin eye drop four times a day for five days and Refresh Liquigel eye drop (Carboxymethylcellulose sodium) six to eight times a day. It can be continued for a long time a...  Read Full »

Do you recommend lens or contact lens for dry eyes and sticky eyelids?
Query: Hi doctor,I am a 32-year-old software engineer. My lens power in the right eye is -1.75 and left eye is -1.25. I use computer around 12 hours a day and all day I sit under a fan. From a couple of months, my eyes are dry. From past three months, daily I am taking one omega-3 tablet, which is making t...  Read Full »
Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Contact lenses are not advisable for people having dry eyes. I recommend you to use spectacle only. Antiglare, blue cut glasses help you on computer screen work to some extent. It will help to relieve from UV light from LED lights. If dryness of eyes is severe, you nee...  Read Full »

What is the reason for continuous eye allergy and irritation?
Query: Hi doctor, I have eye allergy for the past 1.7 years. I have consulted many doctors. I am using steroid eye drops too, but my eye allergy is still present. My eye irritates when it contact with blowing air, perfumes, air conditioner, strong odors, when I get cold and sometimes suddenly without any ...  Read Full »
Dr. N. Sathian
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be a generalized allergy with sneezing, cold eye symptoms and headache which could be due to sinusitis, pharyngitis and allergic conjunctivitis. This can be triggered either because of a drop in your anti-allergic immunity or any form of new exposure due to ch...  Read Full »

Eye Care Through Ayurveda
Article Overview: Glaucoma, computer vision syndrome, vision problems and dry eyes are very common now a days. Glaucoma is the second leading cause for blindness. This article discusses in detail the ayurvedic approaches to treat eye disorders.  Read Article »
Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ocular Hypertension: It is nothing but elevated pressure inside the eyeball. In clinical terms, it is defined as the presence of elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) in the absence of optic nerve damage or visual field loss. Normal intraocular pressure is between 10mm ...  Read Article »

I have a rash that is progressively getting worse. Can you help me identify it?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had a rash for the past two weeks. It is getting progressively worse. It does not itch or hurt, but it is spreading. It started on my stomach. Now, it is on both arms, neck, back, and upper legs. The red dots that have been there for two weeks are larger now than they were origi...  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These lesions look like pityriasis rosea. But, to be sure, I need a little more information: Did one big patch appear first, followed by small patches? Do you have any compla...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Eye Irritation? We have medical experts to help you right away.