Eye Power

Related Terms: Spectacles, Lasik, Refractive Error, Contact Lens, High Eye Power, Dry Eyes, Cylindrical Eye Power, Artificial Tears

Will eye power increase with age in a 5 year old?
Query: Hello doctor,My daughter has been diagnosed with a cylindrical power of -2 and -2.5. Can that be cured to normal if she takes healthy diet and eye exercises? Will it increase with age as she is 5 years old?  Read Full »
Dr. Bhavna
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to what you have mentioned, your daughter has myopia (short sight). It commonly occurs in children due to excessive near work. There is no research that supports diet or eye exercises to improve the condition. However, avoiding excessive near work (such as ...  Read Full »

My eye power is -9 on left and -3 on right. Objects double and get dizzy. How to improve?
Query: Dear Doctor, My eye power is -9 on left and -3 on right. I feel very uncomfortable wearing eyeglasses.  When I see, objects double and get dizzy. How to improve? Age - 17 years/ female.  Read Full »
Dr. N. Sathian
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since the power difference in RE and LE is -6 ds, it is inducing double vision because of the difference in image size produced by the spectacles. Since you are only 17 years old, we need to wait until 18-20 years of your age for your eye power to stabilize, and to think...  Read Full »

My eye power is high. Please guide me with any solution.
Query: Dear Doctor, My eye power is very high. re sph 4.25 cycl 4.75 axis 180. le sph 5.25 cycl 3.50 axis is 10. Weight 60 kg, Age 19 years, male, height 6 feet, vegetarian. Guide me with any solution.  Read Full »
Dr. N. Sathian
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are 19 years old, we need to see whether your power has stabilised. If so, we can reduce your refractive power either through LASIK (laser eye surgery/laser vision correction) or through ICL implantation (Implantable Collamer Lens), based on your eye's fitness ...  Read Full »

How to improve eye power without wearing glasses?
Query: Hi doctor,I have -1.75 power in my right eye and the left eye is normal. Is there any possibility to reduce the power without glass? Can I reduce my eye power by doing any eye exercise and taking vitamin rich foods?  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no medication or food for improving eyesight or to get rid of glasses. If not interested in glasses then you can try contact lens or LASIK laser surgery. As your age is now 24 years, your number will not increase now whether you wear glasses or not as number be...  Read Full »

What are the chances of child having myopia if one parent has the same?
Query: Hello doctor, I have an eye power of -4 in both the eyes since school days. We are expecting our first child. Are there chances of similar eye problem in our child?  Read Full »
Dr. Dada Peer K
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having myopia of -4 dioptres in both the eyes since school days. The treatment for this condition includes: Use of spectacles. Use of contact lenses Laser refractive surgeries like LASIK. Refractive errors of more than -6 dioptres is called patholog...  Read Full »

My son has cylindrical eye power. Will his eyesight ever return to normal?
Query: Hi doctor, My son is 4 years and 10 months old. He has -2.5 cylindrical power in both the eyes. Is it possible for his eyesight to recover? Is this a serious condition at this age? Can it be improved with a diet? Are there any precautions I must take? Could it be due to excessive use of phones and ...  Read Full »
Dr. Bachar Khoury
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, his eyesight will not return to normal. But his vision can be corrected with a LASIK surgery after he turns 18. It is not a serious condition. It cannot be improved with diet. You can ensure he takes breaks when reading and watching television. For more ...  Read Full »

Does a two year old with eye power need to wear glasses?
Query: Hello doctor, My two year old son has eye power. Right S C A -1.50 -1.00 169 -1.50 -1.00. 171 -1.50 -1.00. 171 -1.50. -1.00. 171. Left S C A 2.00. 0.75. 149 1.75. 0.75. 140 1.75. 0.75. 139 1.75. 0.75. 140 Does he need glasses? Which type of eye power? Will his number reduce when he gro...  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The retinoscopy that has been done is the final refractive error. The automatic refractometer readings that you have mentioned are in negative but retinoscopy that has been mentioned ...  Read Full »

I am getting headache due to eye power. How to manage?
Query: Hi doctor, Initially, I got headaches before five months. When it happened every day, I got my eyes checked. I found out I had weak eye muscles and was prescribed for glasses with power -0.75 in each eye. The headaches disappeared for two weeks and returned again. When I consulted my eye doctor, he ...  Read Full »
Dr. David J Mathew
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, your headaches may be due to refractive error as it is resolving temporarily on wearing glasses. It is important to use glasses with the correct power regularly during waking hours. Since you are a student, I assume that you are reading a...  Read Full »

What are the alternatives to LASIK for eye power correction?
Query: Hello doctor, I am male, 36 years old. I have eye powers 3.75 in my right eye and 2.75 in left eye both high cylinder. I have doctors prescription for glasses but after I bought the prescription glasses, I can read only for a few seconds and immediately printed text looks double. In the morning, I ...  Read Full »
Dr. Skandha Harshita
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By going through your query I could understand that you are not able to tolerate your glasses. Glasses even though they correct your vision, the muscle balance can be achieved only after a few weeks of adjustment. During this period the glasses are to be continuously wo...  Read Full »

I am in dire need to reduce my eye power to be declared fit for my recruitment.Please explain the treatment options and potential risks involved.
Query: Hello doctor, I had retinal vasculitis 8 years ago (no recent activity confirmed by doctors). I am 23 years old and my eye power has been constant in the last 4 years (-8D). I am in dire need to reduce my eye power to be declared fit for my recruitment. Please explain the treatment options and poten...  Read Full »
Dr. Dada Peer K
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you are having refractive error of  -8 dioptres. Since it is constant without any further variation and your age is more than 18 years, you can undergo laser correction of your refractive power. This is called as...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Eye Power? We have medical experts to help you right away.