Faulty Breastfeeding Technique

Related Terms: Breast Milk, Importance Of Breastfeeding, Benefits Of Breastfeeding, Breast Feeding, Calcium Deficiency, Anaemia, Blocked Nose

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter is 2 months old. She feeds only for five minutes at a time. I am worried if she is getting proper feed and if not, what should I do? My milk let down is too fast. So, every time she feeds and gets choked. Please suggest how can I help her.  Read Full »
Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note the following points: Monitor the weight of the child to see if he/she is getting proper feeds and gaining proper weight. You can feed the baby with a bottle or with a sipper to monitor how much feeds the child is taking and this will also regulate the ...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is only 43 days old. He is on breastfeeding only. I think he is having severe acid reflux as he is gassy and fussy almost all the time. He spits up and swallows it too. In the night, his nose gets congested. While feeding him he gags and chokes too. Whenever he does not fart h...  Read Full »
Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I think, you just have to make sure proper time duration and frequency of feeding. Make sure, the baby is breastfed on one breast completely and then attached to another breast (frequently changing one breast to another breast or inadequa...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, Our baby is 1 month old. My wife is facing problem in breastfeeding as the baby is not taking the feed properly. This is our first baby and my wife is using a breast pump to take off her milk and giving it in a bottle. I want to know whether the use of a breast pump for a long time cau...  Read Full »
Dr. Aamir Mohd

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, tell your wife to at least try to breastfeed for 15 minutes. Yes, it is difficult to feed first baby, but with experience it will become easy. Tell her to put the nipple completely in his mouth by making a V-shape in her hand. No, breast pump will not cau...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, My baby girl is 45 days old. She is fully breastfed. At many times, she seems to be fussy and aggressive while I nurse her. I rule out either the possibility of milk being too fast or too slow since on both occasions she seems to react the same. After being fussy, she appears to be on and...  Read Full »
Dr. Vijaykumar Mundeshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a common problem most mothers will face. The success of breastfeeding involves the participation of both mother and baby. Both of you have to learn to feed. I suggest you a few tips for a successful breastfeeding. Let your baby lie in a straight line. Both baby...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My wife delivered a baby boy last month, which was a normal delivery. Whenever she moves, the muscles on the upper right ribs below the breast gets pulled. Also, she has a severe lower back ache, which is unbearable. Can you please suggest some medicines for it? For now, we are puttin...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The back pain post-delivery is mainly related to lack of calcium, inadequate rest, and poor hydration. Please see to it that you take calcium supplements and calcium-rich food. Take plenty of fluids. The back pain and catch in the ribs could also be related to faulty br...  Read Full »

Query: Hi doctor, I am a lactating mother. I feel dizzy and weak. My BP is 100/60. What should I do for this? What diet should I follow? Please guide.  Read Full »
Dr. Hariharan V
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your blood pressure (BP) is absolutely normal. There are various reasons for your tiredness and weakness which are as follows. Wrong position of breast feeding may cause back pain and tiredness. You should not bend your back while breast feeding. Put some pillows...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, I am having severe pain in breast while breastfeeding. The pain is present only in the right breast while feeding. My son is 24 days old and I had started feeding since day 3. From then, I have been suffering from this pain. Though it is painful, I am still feeding him. Please advic...  Read Full »
Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned the specific site where you get the pain. Is it in and around the nipple or is it deep inside? If the pain is in and around the nipple, then it is most likely due to faulty technique while feeding. These are the instructions for proper breastfee...  Read Full »

Query: Hello doctor, My 28 days old daughter has been crying a lot since morning. Even when she sleeps, she gets up within half an hour crying. Her body temperature is 98.4 F. She does not have a cough or cold. I have a minor throat infection. Is it possible that she might have caught my throat infection...  Read Full »
Dr. Prachee Shah
Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear that your little one is not in good spirits today. A neonate can be upset for a variety of reasons ranging from tummy upset, colic, nose block, ear ache, tiredness, etc.  Since you are having a minor infection and she is waking frequently, there may be ...  Read Full »

{{item.dr_name}}
{{item.sp}}  

Do you have a question on Faulty Breastfeeding Technique? We have medical experts to help you right away.