Febuxostat

Related Terms: Increased Uric Acid, Gout, Arthritis, Hba1c, Kidney Disorders, Prostate Enlargement, Telmisartan

I have on and off pain in feet and wrists. Is that due to high uric acid or nerve disorder?
Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in my feet and wrist sometimes, and I take painkillers. It goes and comes back again after a few months or weeks. It is not due to external injury. I got a blood test, and my uric acid was high at 10 mg/dL. Now, I take Feburic 40 mg for some time. Today again, I had a pain on...  Read Full »
Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As the uric acid is high at 10 mg/dL, it is likely a cause of arthritis. Febuxostat that you are using now should be used every day even when you are not having pain. This medication is...  Read Full »

Uric acid is 7.5. Please suggest a medicine.
Query: Hello doctor,My uric acid is 7.5. Please suggest me a medicine.  Read Full »
Dr. Albana Greca
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns. Your uric acid level falls within the normal range for female patients (the normal range is between 2.5-7.5 mg/dL). I think Fabulas 40 (Febuxostat) you are taking is taking good control ...  Read Full »

When I urinate standing up, I notice foamy bubbles. Does it indicate a high protein content?
Query: Hi doctor,I am a 29 year old male. When I urinate standing up, I notice foamy bubbles. If I do it sitting, there are no bubbles. I read in the internet sources, that it might be due to a high protein content in the urine, which may be due to a kidney problem. I got really worried and opted for ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your uric acid level is high, but your symptoms are not due to it. I would recommend you go for a urine routine examination as well as urine culture. If your report comes out to be normal, this could be simply anxiety. I would recommend tablet Febuxostat 40 mg once da...  Read Full »

How to lower my uric acid level?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from gout - podagra for the past 16 years. I cannot maintain a constant diet because every local doctor prescribes different. Have many wens around the body. My uric acid level is higher than normal (till 800). I am taking medicines named Colchicine and Diclofenac. From the...  Read Full »
Dr. Kusumakar Srivastava
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all do not worry and send all the scanned pictures of investigations done so far and a fresh KFT (kidney function test) report, BP (blood pressure), complete sugar profile, x-ray picture of the joints and the list of complete drugs used so far. Start tablet Wys...  Read Full »

Why do I get thigh muscle numbness?
Query: Hi doctor, My uric acid in blood shoots up to 7.9. I do not have the problem or gout or kidney stones. How to reduce it? I have already started to drink lemon water the whole day. I have attached the photographs. I have only knee pain, which is at the backside of the knee while climbing up and down...  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have stated that you do not have any symptoms suggestive of gout. There are ways to keep your uric acid value in low levels. General recommendations are as follows: Decreasing intake of red meat, alcohol, rice in your diet and other purine rich sources. Also incre...  Read Full »

My uric acid levels and albumin levels are high. Are my kidneys damaged?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44-year-old male with a BMI of 26. During a recent health checkup of blood and urine, the following readings were observed. I have mentioned only the ones who have the higher readings. Protein 1+ detected in dipstick, serum uric acid at 9.2 mg/dL, MPV at 12.5 fL, FBS at 112 mg/...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The main problem is with the serum lipid profile which is HDL (high-density lipoprotein), LDH (lactate dehydrogenase), cholesterol, serum uric acid, urine albumin-creatinine ratio which ...  Read Full »

I have a lump in my sternum. What can it be?
Query: Hello doctor,I have a lump on my sternum. It is not big and not painful, also not hard. I just did chest X-ray and I believe it does not show anything. What can it be? Also, my blood work is normal except high uric acid level.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your X-ray is fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and no lump is visible on the X-ray. The first possibility and common cause is a lipoma. If possible, you may upload a picture of the lump. Also, let me know, whether it is just below the skin or at...  Read Full »

Is joint pain a symptom of gout?
Query: Hi doctor, Over last few weeks my wife is suffering from joint paint in foot and right knee. When I search this problem in google, I found it as symptom of gout. Can you please explain me about gout?  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and also looked at the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Initially, I would like to throw some information about gout. It is a condition of altered purine metabolism in the body in which crystals of monosodium urate ...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe pain in my leg?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 59 year old female. I underwent radical mastectomy before one and a half years and undergoing regular checkups for every six months. Recently I had pain in the right leg, from the knee to ankle region. I got an entire medical checkup done. They showed high TSH levels and also high...  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the reports posted (attachments removed to protect patient identity). Many of the reports posted were normal, so to make it easy for you I will comment on each of abnormal ones and what to be done for them. Urine routine showing 10-15 white blood...  Read Full »

Can I take BP, cholesterol and uric acid tablets together?
Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from high BP, high cholesterol and elevated uric acid. My doctor prescribed Corvadil-A, Rosuvas-F and Febuxostat 40 mg. Is it fine to take all tablets together? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can take them together. They do not interact with each other. For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Febuxostat? We have medical experts to help you right away.