Related Terms: Atorvastatin, Lifestyle Modification, Control Cholesterol Level, High Triglycerides, Reduce Cholesterol, Rosuvastatin, ECG

Recently Answered Questions

Why do my total cholesterol and triglycerides level keep fluctuating?
Query: Hello doctor, My recent lipid profile showed borderline cholesterol and triglycerides. My total cholesterol is 207 and triglycerides are 324. From the past seven years, my cholesterol is fluctuating. The cholesterol keeps fluctuating around 200 and triglycerides between 180 to 300. My echocardiogram...  Read Full »
Dr. Manish N Garg

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should continue taking Rosuvastatin. I suggest adding Fenofibrate 160 mg daily. It will help in improving the lipid profile. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicine after their consent. I hope this helps. For further qu...  Read Full »
What is the risk of high triglycerides?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having high triglycerides around 250 to 500, but very low LDL around 30 to 45 for the last five years. Kindly help. What should I do? I swim five days a week for 20 minutes daily. I am currently on tablet vitamin B12 and Zinc supplement. I have also attached my laboratory reports.  Read Full »
Dr. Anshul Varshney
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Increase in triglycerides of this level should be treated with Fenofibrate. I would recommend to reduce potato, rice and sweets. In case you consume alcohol you should quit it. Continue with swimming and in winters do jogging. For further doubts ...  Read Full »
Do I need to take medicine for high levels of LDL?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 43 years old. I do not smoke or drink, but my food habits are not very good. Recently, I got my blood checked for Apo B/Apo A and the ratio was really bad at 1.6. The triglyceride is around 474 and this rose from 270 around three months back. My HDL is 26, LDL 116 and TC 237. Let...  Read Full »
Dr. Anshul Varshney
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You definitely need treatment for high cholesterol along with dietary modifications. You need to be started on a combination of Atorvastatin and Fenofibrate. Start regular exercise and avoid oil, rice and potatoes. For blood sugars, you can wait f...  Read Full »
Is my left-sided chest pain due to acidity or heart block?
Query: Hello doctor,I have borderline high cholesterol for five to six years. My blood tests like homocysteine and troponin-I were normal before three to four months.Since last week, I have left sided mild pain usually assumed by me as associated with gas and acidity. More often, I observed that whenever I...  Read Full »
Dr. Sanjib K Sahu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). An angiogram is not required. Serum uric acid, LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides are high. Vitamin D3 is borderline. Please take Fibator LS (Fenofibrate and Atorvastatin) once a day at n...  Read Full »
How to reduce triglyceride levels after stent placement?
Query: Hello doctor,How to reduce triglyceride levels, which is 262 as on today. I have a stent placed three years ago.  Read Full »
Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you had a stent, you must be on medicines like Atorvastatin or Rosuvastatin, which also helps in lowering triglyceride levels. In spite of these medications, if your triglycerides are elevated, you will need to add one more medicine like tablet Fenofibrate 145 mg, ...  Read Full »
Do I need medicine for triglyceride level of 423?
Query: Hi doctor, My triglyceride level is 423. Do I need a medicine to bring it down? If yes, then which one?  Read Full »
Dr. Sumit Srivastava
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Triglyceride level of 423 is quite high and it has to be brought down with dietary control, exercise and medical management. You should also be screened for diabetes and hypertension that coexist with hypertriglyceridemia. I suggest you a combination tablet of Atorvastati...  Read Full »
Reports suggest high cholesterol levels. What medicines do you suggest?
Query: Hello doctor,My mom is 66 years old. She is living a healthy life. She has no health complications as such but she complains that she is exhausted after doing very little work. So, just as a measure, we got her blood test done. The reports (lipid profile) suggests that there is some issue with chole...  Read Full »
Dr. Anshul Varshney
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have evaluated your mother's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Her cholesterol is high and at this age, she should be started on medicines. Her thyroid levels were high in the previous reports. I want to know the current status. Following ...  Read Full »
Can you suggest any medicine to get proper erection?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a married guy of 32 years old. For the past two to three years, I am facing problem to get proper erection. I have already consulted a doctor and he asked me to get some tests done such as cholesterol, sugar and BP. We found that the triglyceride value is more than 350 mg/dL. He advi...  Read Full »
Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are facing both premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. Duralast (Dapoxetine) helps with premature ejaculation, but could worsen the problem of erectile dysfunction. For this, you need to take tablet Forzest (Tadalafil) 20 mg along with Duralast one hour befo...  Read Full »
Why do I feel lethargic and tired?
Query: Hi doctor, I feel lethargic, tired and lost a few kilograms of weight. I had an HCP test done. I want you to see it and help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Saumya Mittal
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your message. From the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I feel significant are as follows. You have uncontrolled diabetes. At age of 30, it is likely to be type 1 diabetes and you need to start Insulin injection. Meet a local diabe...  Read Full »
What is the treatment for raised blood pressure and heavy feeling in head?
Query: Hi, I am a 65-year-old female. My sugar level before three months was fasting 180 mg/dl, postprandial 253 mg/dl and HbA1C 8 %. After having medication, the test done a few days back showed fasting 93 mg/dl, postprandial 80 mg/dl, HbA1C 7 %, triglycerides 259 and VLDL cholesterol 51.80. Also, the bl...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your sugar is well controlled. In fact, you need to decrease the dose of Glycomet GP 2 (Glimipiride and Metformin) to Glycomet GP 1. Major problem is that you have accelerated bloodstream pressure. Instead of Tricinod (Telmisartan, Clinidipine, Chlorthalidone), better w...  Read Full »


Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Do you have a question on Fenofibrate? We have medical experts to help you right away.

Ask a Doctor Online Now!