Fertile Period

Related Terms: Ovulation, Unprotected Sex, I-pill, Safe Period, Beta Hcg, Conception And Pregnancy, Folic Acid

Other than timed intercourse, how to improve the chance of getting pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, We are married for three months, and my wife has not got pregnant yet. We are continuously tracking the cycle and ovulation days since the first month to have effective intercourse. We barely skipped a day during the fertile window for the last two cycles. My wife also gets early preg...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few precautions that can be helpful. Three months time is just start so not to worry actually if she has regular cycles. I will advise some healthy lifestyle habits, some precautions. Have a balanced weight and BMI by having a daily walk and exercise. It red...  Read Full »

I had sex during fertile period and missed period. Am I pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been on Ava 20 (hormonal contraceptive pill) for about three years. I recently just stopped taking it. I had sex about 3 to 4 time in my fertile period. I have missed my period by a few days. So, I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. I have been having a few symptom...  Read Full »
Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have been actively trying to conceive and having unprotected sexual intercourse on fertile days does put the possibility of pregnancy high up on the list especially coupled with a missed period. A home pregnancy test can be negative in the first few days after...  Read Full »

Is it common to have sexual thoughts during fertile period?
Query: Hi doctor, Is it common to have intrusive and persistent thoughts about potential sexual or romantic partners during the fertile period of the menstrual cycle? It happens to me every month and always about men I know and see constantly. It is like my hormones have suddenly taken control of my though...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hormonal surge during ovulation period results in increased excitability, and this is the possible reason you have thoughts about potential sexual partners. To some extent these thoughts are normal. But, if these intrusive thoughts are resulting in the disturbance in ...  Read Full »

Can an I-pill prevent pregnancy if sex is had in the fertile period?
Query: Hello doctor, My partner and I had unprotected sex 10 days ago. She took an I-pill the very next day. Two days after the first sexual encounter, we again had sex and she again took an I-pill the very next day. Her LMP was a week before the first sexual encounter. She is also having a...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have taken an emergency pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy. She can have late or delayed periods because of hormonal changes due to the pill. But definitely, she will be getting her periods. For more information consult ...  Read Full »

We had protected sex during her periods. Is there still a chance of pregnancy?
Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee and I had protected sex yesterday, on the second day of her periods. She took Unwanted 72 today morning. Please let me know if there are any chances of pregnancy.  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The fertile period for women most often occurs during the middle of the cycle and not during the periods. As she was menstruating, the chances of pregnancy are near to nil, even if you had unprotected sex.Since you have already used two methods, a condom, and an emergen...  Read Full »

Can I take I-pill five times in a month?
Query: Hi doctor, Can I take I-pill for five times in a month? I hope there will not be any major side effects because I am not taking any other contraceptive pills. Also, I do not want to use a condom. I read that the contraceptive pill should be started on the first day of the periods and taken one pill...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are already in your fertile period as on date and likely to have ovulated already. If you have been involved with unprotected sex, then you should take an I-pill within 72 hours of the intercourse and need not repeat the I-pill every time you have sex in t...  Read Full »

I had intercourse on the 5th day after my periods. Can I get pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor, I stopped the Zoely Pill two months back since I was experiencing heart and respiratory problems. I got my menses last month and the following month. I had sexual intercourse twice on the fifth day once my period had stopped. According to my calculations I am in fertility period. Is ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are very much in your fertile period (know safe and unsafe days in your period). There are high chances that you may get pregnant if you have not taken the emergency contraceptive already within 72 hours of intercourse. For further information consult an o...  Read Full »

Having white discharge and bleeding after unsafe sex. What does it indicate?
Query: Hi, I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend. Her regular period was on 17th of every month. We had affair on 16th day. She is 18 years old. After 19 hours of sex, she took an i-pill. Now she is having some white discharge and bleeding with clots. Please help us.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have had sex with her in her fertile period and chances of pregnancy were practically high in that period. She has rightly taken an i-pill within 72 hours which shall prevent pregnancy. The present clots and discharge which generally starts by 4-5 days after the intak...  Read Full »

I had sex two days after periods. Will I get pregnant?
Query: Hello doctor,I am 18 years old. I want to ask about having sex after periods because I am so worried my mom and dad will find out I am pregnant. I had sex today after my period and it was from the past two days.  Read Full »
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pregnancy usually occurs when sexual activity is practiced without protection, during the fertile period. You can estimate your fertile period using the calendar method. If your menstrual cycle is regular, then ovulation occurs 14 days before the next anticipated pe...  Read Full »

Is soreness of nipples a sign of pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor, My partner and I had sex five days after my period a week ago. He did not use any protection. For the past one week, we had sex like four times. Right now, I feel my nipples are getting sore, especially when I try to touch it and I do have cramps below my belly button. Is this a sign of p...  Read Full »
Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you had a regular menstrual cycle of 28 to 30 days, then your fertile period starts from day-8 to day-18 of your cycle. Starting from five days after your periods, you had sex four times for a week, which means until day-12 of your cycle, which falls in the unsafe ...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Fertile Period? We have medical experts to help you right away.