Medical Advice on "Fever"

When babies have fever, it can be traumatic for the parents as well, because they are unsure of what is causing it and how to soothe the baby. Adding to their anxiety, the baby is unable to explain his/ her discomfort in words. This article deals with how to take … View thread »

So, there is a need to create awareness and break the myths associated with it. Various rumors and false treatment claims are … View thread »

Chikungunya is also one among them … View thread »

Here are the points I would like to bring across: The lymph node is quite inflamed as per the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) that you sent. It may be inflamed in the event of any infection be it viral or bacterial. Your reports are showing … View thread »

Tuberculosis is a worrisome disease. As the kid has been already diagnosed with it and you have already started treatment, the symptoms should start resolving by now, since it has been two months already. If symptoms not resolving we should think of medication … View thread »

... tropical countries has brought back with it the next outbreak of dengue, creating fear and panic in the minds of the people ... … View thread »

High fever and chill are indicative of infection indeed and as we have a cause rightly evident there are chances that you may be developing hydronephrosis (accumulation of urine in swollen kidney) in the right kidney and a secondary infection following stasis of urine … View thread »

Though your dad is not having cough or cold that accompanies fever, his symptoms suggest that, it can be due to allergy or post-chikungunya syndrome. Did your dad affected with chikungunya recently? If so, then he might have recurrent fever along with joint pain. … View thread »

I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I am assuming that there is no fever. As in the query, there is a word fever-like and no fever. If this is not the case, then you are requested to see a doctor as fever along with diabetes is never a small … View thread »

Do you have a question on Fever? We have medical experts to help you right away.