Medical Advice on "Fever"

Tuberculosis is a worrisome disease. As the kid has been already diagnosed with it and you have already started treatment, the symptoms should start resolving by now, since it has been two months already. If symptoms not resolving we should think of medication not … View thread »

High fever and chill are indicative of infection indeed and as we have a cause rightly evident there are chances that you may be developing hydronephrosis (accumulation of urine in swollen kidney) in the right kidney and a secondary infection following stasis of urine … View thread »

Though your dad is not having cough or cold that accompanies fever, his symptoms suggest that, it can be due to allergy or post-chikungunya syndrome. Did your dad affected with chikungunya recently? If so, then he might have recurrent fever along with joint pain. … View thread »

I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I am assuming that there is no fever. As in the query, there is a word fever-like and no fever. If this is not the case, then you are requested to see a doctor as fever along with diabetes is never a small … View thread »

I have checked your blood reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity). This is a dengue season. Though the fever and headache with body ache can often and most commonly indicate a viral etiology but a decreased platelet count of 1.39 is to indicate that … View thread »

Take Ibuprofen tablets every eight hours. Please send the test results. Revert with more information to a general practitioner online --> … View thread »

It could be dengue or any other viral infection. The presentation of all viral fevers is almost same. And any viral infection can cause low platelets count, and dengue is known for it. During the first 4 to 5 days of fever, dengue NS1 antigen will be positive, while … View thread »

Please get yourself checked with a gynecologist. Also, get your wound and breasts be examined by the gynecologist. Usually, this could be due to breast issues or some wound infection. Do get back to me with the reports, so that I can guide you further. Take care. For … View thread »

Chickenpox rash may take a course between 5 to 15 days (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is advisable not to pick the scabs. You can continue with Lactocalamine. Once the scabs fall off, you could start using sunscreen lotion during the day and a skin … View thread »

You have mentioned that your wife has delivered two months back. So, she is still in her postpartum period (period of six weeks following delivery of a baby). Any kind of fever with chill we must rule out postpartum infection. For that, proper antibiotics are the … View thread »

Do you have a question on Fever? We have experts to help you right away.

Ask a Dermatologist Now!