Fibroid Uterus

Related Terms: Uterine Fibroid, Heavy Bleeding, Hysterectomy, Infertility Treatment, Menorrhagia, Myomectomy, Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Age 50years, 1. Fatty changes in Liver, 2. Bulky Uterus with Fibroid, 3. Blood sugar 201mg/dL
Query: Dear Doctor, My mother is 50 years old. According to the report,  She has got:  Fatty changes in the liver. Bulky uterus with fibroid. Blood sugar 201.0mg/dL. Kindly interpret the report.  Read Full »
Dr. Kalai Selvan Barugur Nagarajan
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diagnosis (according to available information):Fibroid Uterus, Type II Diabetes Mellitus. Further information required: History of menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding) and dysmennorrhea (painful periods). Comorbid illness - hypertension, coronary artery disease, asthma ...  Read Full »

Can fibroadenoma with cyst BI-RADS 2 to 3 lead to cancer?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother aged 49 years old was diagnosed with a fibrocystic disease of breast seven years back and was subsequently operated. Since then, she has got a cyst in both breasts. Last year, she was got USG done, and the doctor found fibroadenoma along with cyst BI-RADS (2 to 3) in the lef...  Read Full »
Dr. Ravi Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), fibrocystic disease of breast and fibroid uterus, both of them are due to hormones, mainly estrogen. When using Sevista (Ormeloxifene), the fibroid in the uterus will decrease. For breast conditio...  Read Full »

How to manage heavy menstrual flow?
Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from heavy menstrual flow for the past 1.5 years. Around six months, I had heavy flow with clots. Now, I have been menstruating for the past 20 days continuously with heavy flow and clots. My current medication includes capsule Gynae CVP, tablet Augmentin and caps...  Read Full »
Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are losing blood heavily. Kindly upload your reports as well. Since you are bleeding for the last 20 days continuously, first we should try to stop this. I suggest tablet Meftaris (combination of Tranexamic acid and Mefenamic acid) one tablet thrice a day for three...  Read Full »

Can uterine fibroid be cured without surgery?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 49 year old female, and I have a uterine fibroid. I have heavy bleeding from two or three months. What to do? What medicines can I take? Is it curable without surgery? Please advise. I am taking Kanchanar Guggulu from ten days.  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The heavy bleeding may be due to the fibroid and menopausal symptoms. Hence, we need to treat fibroid and hormonal imbalance. For your condition, I suggest you try taking the following medicines. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking ...  Read Full »

Why am I bleeding for the past 16 days?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been bleeding for 16 days. I have had blood tests done and an ultrasound done which both came back normal. My last PAP test was about 16 months ago which was also normal. I am 26 years old and currently taking Femme-Tab ED 20/100. Kindly advice.  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned about current and previous menstrual, obstetrics, gynecology, and drug history. Please answer the following questions: Have you been on any medications or being treated for any disease? How long have you been on Femme-Tab ED 20/100? Have you ...  Read Full »

I have PCOS with regular periods. Why am I not able to conceive?
Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with PCOS at 16, but have had successful pregnancies (other things I had zero breast change and less than once a day of milk production). We have never used any form of birth control yet our youngest is now almost 5. We have been actively trying for almost two years no...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As I have learned that your last pregnancy was five years back and that your menses have been regular since last six months and you have been trying for last two years without any use of contraceptive practices to conceive. This qualifies for secondary infertility tr...  Read Full »

Can you suggest ayurveda medicine for PCOD and hair loss?
Query: Hi doctor, I have two uterine fibroids each of 2 cm x 1cm size and cysts (PCOD) in the right ovary. I have a heavy hair loss and graying of hair. My hormone levels look normal. My BMI is 24. I also have a gall stone of 1.5 cm. I am trying to conceive. Can you please suggest medicines for the above ...  Read Full »
Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your body weight is within normal limit at present. Please maintain it. For fibroids, two medicines are required. Capsule Rasagandhi mezhugu (one in the morning and one in the evening after food) and tablet Chitramoola kuligai (one in the morning and one in the eveni...  Read Full »

What is the reason for missed periods after medication in a multiple uterus fibroid patient?
Query: Hi doctor, I am unmarried and my age is 40. I had severe bleeding during my menstrual period. So, I met a Gynecologist and found out that I have multiple fibroids in my uterus and the largest one is 3 cm X 2.9 cm. And my uterus was bulky. She advised me to take Fibroease 25 mg daily for three month...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, Fibroease (Mifepristone) causes amenorrhoea owing to anti-progesterone and anti-glucocorticoid effect. It is known to reduce the size by often 35 to 40 % and increase the hemoglobin as well in symptomatic perimenopausal age group women, where the aim is to avoid...  Read Full »

Why is my mother having periods after menopause?
Query: Hello doctor, My mother had a fibroid in the uterus and now she had her periods after menopause.  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Near or after menopause heavy bleeding needs investigations. The average age of menopause is 51 years in your country. It would be better if you send me her complete gynecological, obstetrics, medical, and drug history. It should be investigated either she had complete ...  Read Full »

Scan shows endometrial polyp and post wall intramural fibroid. Please advice.
Query: Hi doctor, I am 37 years old female, anxious to conceive, with premature ovarian failure, and had left ovary removed (for torsion). Recently, scan found endometrial polyp and post wall intramural fibroid (4.9 cm) pushing endometrium anteriorly. I request for an opinion about the need for laparoscop...  Read Full »
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be nice to have a complete menstrual, medical, drug, and gynecology history of yours. In cases of infertility and recurrent miscarriages, myomectomy is considered a last resort treatment, either hysteroscopic resection or myomectomy. In case of endometrium push...  Read Full »

Do you have a question on Fibroid Uterus? We have medical experts to help you right away.